RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
GlitchyGlitch

Weird problem - power and eject buttons not working!

Hello, friends. I have a weird problem with my Xbox 360 Jasper RGH console. It was working fine but last year during ripping burned discs onto hard drive the dvd drive stopped recognizing discs and couldn't read them ever since. Today I wanted to open the drive and clean the lens to see if that would fix it. I disassembled the console and opened the drive, it was full of dust and old grease. I cleaned everything and replaced the dvd drive belt (because the disc tray couldn't open without disc inside) like I did many times before. I also cleaned the exaust fans and fan shroud with cotton buds and alcohol.

BUT when I assembled the dvd drive and powered on the console with wired gamepad to see if it will read discs I noticed that eject button wasn't working. Ok, I thought that maybe it got dirty or something so I cleaned it off with some alcohol but still it wouldn't work. Then, when I pressed the power button to turn off the console I realized that the power button is also not working. So, now I am really confused.

TLDR version - opened the console to clean the dvd drive, now eject and power buttons are not working, I can power on the console with gamepad, console boots to Freestyle dash normally.

Does anybody has any idea why is this happening or how can I fix it?

Does the dvd drive open? And for the power button maybe you didnt connect the rf board correctly?? Seeing as only.wired connection turns it on.. The whole wireless part isnt connected

Felida - no, the dvd drive does not open. I don't think its the rf board problem because I didn't touch it, only two things I removed were the dvd drive and fan shroud.

Quick update - during holidays I had some more time so I opened the console again, cleaned the chip and solder points with some alcohol and everything works now like before, dvd tray opens and closes, power button is working. I don't know if some wire was pinched or what but it's all good now 🙂