RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Twolitrepinto

Adding cores to RetroArch 360 1.0.0.2 Unofficial v3

Hi all.

I have successfully RGH'd a mint Trinity running Aurora and RetroArch360 1.0.0.2 Unofficial v3.
I love this build as the build I used on my other RGH (Jasper) would constantly crash when selecting shaders etc.
This build not only looks nicer but seems a lot more stable with shaders.
The only downside to this build that I can see so far is the lack of a MAME core.

I am assuming that dragging the .xex file of a core from another build isn't going to cut it...

I can't find where the main RetroArch config is kept.

I am not a developer but I do understand some basics of coding and databases etc so would happily have a crack if someone can point me in the right direction.

I know adding a core manually may not be feasible to a non-dev person like myself, but I would still like to know exactly how retroarch360 actually works when it doesn't seem to have its own executable or anything.

Apologies if I'm sounding a tad stupid but my head hurts right now. 😂

I am also currently in the process of cloning my 500GB Xbox 360 drive to a 1TB drive.
I know this will break Aurora unless I change the UUID in the settings.db file but I am happy to do this as I've spent a lot of time manually adding covers etc and don't really want to have to do it again.

Thanks in advance!