RealModScene
Octal450

J-Runner with Extras (17559) - Built in Timings, Bugfixes, and New Features!

@Nikolay_L My pleasure, enjoy

@dimka112 We've been looking at this, many of the images are out of date or old and need updating. Probably won't make the next release (shortly) but I am looking at it.

Kind Regards,
Josh

• Like 1

November update is live on auto-update: 

V3.0.3b:
- Added: Default dash selection to 17559 if no saved dash is present
- Fixed: Loop between dialogs and installer if Visual C++ Redistributable is cancelled or fails
- Fixed: Repeated clicking not ignored while xFlasher is initializing causing application to crash
- Fixed: Issue causing Extract Files to cause a crash after files are moved to serial folder
- Fixed: Various bugs and usability issues
- Changed: XDKbuild check box behavior

Enjoy. Small update this time, not had lots of time due to my health. Some more features and improvements upcoming.

Kind Regards,
Josh

• Like 5

I am not sure if it is related to J-runner, drivers or X-Flasher, but I will write here.

So the problem is, my X-Flasher doesn't really work that good in eMMC mode. In this mode it constantly looses the connection with the console and crashes J-runner. Sometimes I manage to dump 2MBs of NAND, sometimes 4, sometimes 40, but very rarely it allows me to dump/write the full NAND.

Crashed at 40MBs

freeze3.PNG

Freezed at 2MBs

freeze.PNG

I noticed that X-Flasher usually looses the connection (USB Drive becomes Removable Disk) as soon as or very shortly after I click on write or read the NAND.

Sometimes the console boots by itself while X-Flasher is dumping or writing the NAND and fans are spinning in a jet mode. J-Runner constantly crashes or writes hardware malfunction while dumping/writing in eMMC mode. It took me about two hours to dump and write the NAND.

SPI mode works like a champ.

X-Flasher - RevB.

J-Runner - 3.0.3b

Has anyone had this problem before?

Pls show the soldering. If the xbox he turn on in eMMC, probably the crystal is not grounded. Maybe you are connecting things in the wrong order. the xFlasher must be connected to the system board BEFORE you plug the power into it. Then you can connect USB in any point.

Kind Regards,
Josh

The soldering was as on that picture I saw in the X-Flasher's instruction. I re-soldered it 2 times. I actually tried a lot of variations. Can't really remember which one actually worked. When I get another Corona 4GB, I will test it again.

Thanks for the tip!

• Like 1

Known issue: Building JTAG XELL images may cause 3.0.3b to crash.

An updated build with some other platform updates will be issued within 1-2 weeks, for now I've fixed the issue in the archive, you can just install this if you need to build JTAG images (put contents in J-Runner with Extras folder and overwrite): http://cdn.octalsconsoleshop.com/JR Latest Delta.zip

Kind Regards,
Josh

The next update will be a BIG update with loads of new things I won't spoil quite yet.

I have also improved the updater, to get the delta file sizes lower and smoother delivery/checking for updates (also the check is faster now!) This updater is backwards compatible with the updater I implemented since version 3.0.1, so no problems. Still suggesting of course to stay up to date ;)

Some rambling about older versions - if you stay up to date, no need to read further :D

Regarding the lifecycle:

Version 2.9.7 was released in January 2021, so it's been nearly a year. Given that the next update will be so significant, I think this a good place to leave off updating the manual delta pack for it. Anyone still running version 2.9.7 (for some reason!) should update to version 3.0.3b using the links in the OP and then you will be prepared for the upcoming update :D

When the new release is out, I will also drop server-side support for the auto-updater in 3.0.0x versions (released March through May 2021), as they use a very early auto-update that uses a completely different implementation server side. My download statistics server shows that the old update file has not been downloaded by a client in over 3 months either, so I think everyone has auto updated to at least 3.0.1.

If there is any reason someone wants to intentionally continue running 2.9.7 (or earlier), or 3.0.0/3.0.0b/3.0.0c/3.0.0d, please let me know why. I would much rather solve the issues with the newer version! :) 

Thanks everyone for your continued support of J-Runner with Extras. I absolutely love developing it for you all.

Kind Regards,
Josh

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Nikolay_L said:

It would also be nice if the work with the MTX SPI NAND Flasher was displayed correctly and without errors. 

The problem seems to be that nandpro version 3 (nandpro3) is not fully compatible with MTX SPI NAND (does not allow writing correctly). The solution I found was to use version 2 of nandpro with Amr3 support (NandPro2b_Armv3)

Here are all the versions of nandpro that I have:

nandpro_multi (mediafire.com)

Go to the folder where your J-Runner with extras is, the common folder and the NandPro folder. backup the nandpro.exe file elsewhere and then delete it from the NandPro folder, then extract the NandPro2b_Armv3.exe file to the NandPro folder and rename it to just nandpro.exe.

Now test your MTX SPI NAND, it should already write correctly.

I own two MTX SPI NANDs, one of which still has its stock HEX. and using that version of nandpro I have no problem reading or writing. If this is the solution for those who have problems with MTX SPI NAND.

So my suggestion would be that in the next version of J-Runner with Extras it would be possible to select between different versions of nandpro to solve this type of problem.

Thanks and regards.

Cerial i.Q

PS: An apology for my bad English, but I'm using google translator

Hi,

Thanks for the info. That nandpro version was only added for write support. I VERY much appreciate this, will be giving it a overhaul soon.

It translated fine; I understand fully :)

Kind Regards,
Josh

Happy New Year everyone!
We have worked very hard to bring you J-RUNNER WITH EXTRAS V3.1.0, the biggest update ever.

YouTube Demo

V3.1.0:
- Added: Improved functionality and speed of updater
- Added: Improved GUI
- Added: Refinements to Nand Info/KV Info panels
- Added: Ability to end the session and start a new one
- Added: RGH1.2 V2 timings for Slims
- Added: Donor Nand Creation and KV Decrypter tools
- Added: RGH3 Beta ECC and Freeboot build support
- Added: Better drivers for NAND-X and JRP
- Added: Improved XeLL Reloaded, built with the newest fixes
- Added: Better MTX USB Firmware Utility
- Added: Friendly console ID decoding in Nand Info
- Added: xFlasher support for Start Block and Length parameters
- Added: Improved LibUsb implementation
- Fixed: Buggy and broken behavior of IP configuration
- Fixed: Nand not being correctly initialized before CPU Key retrieval
- Fixed: Improved behavior when setting working directory
- Fixed: JTAG XeLL creation issue
- Fixed: Device detection issue
- Fixed: Update JRP firmware not prompting for hex if nand loaded
- Fixed: eMMC read ignoring iterations selected if opened from Advanced menu
- Fixed: Tray icon being left in system tray occaisionally
- Fixed: Various bugs and usability issues
- Changed: Reworked MTX USB Mode
- Changed: The program now checks for updates and starts much faster
- Changed: Improved spawn location of subforms
- Changed: Replaced annoying balloon on startup with taskbar icon

Kind Regards,
Josh

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Josh

I have a problem with the new xell, some programs (xenon.elf) that worked perfectly with the old xell, with the new one they fail, you could check it.

Thanks again

PS: An apology for my bad English, but I'm using google translator

Hi @Cerial_iQ Pls send me that xenon.elf

My basic test showed that they launch, but maybe its due to the CPU running at full speed. If that is the case, I'll revert that change.

Thanks!
Josh

Updated the archives on site to fix most of the false positives. No need to re-download, but if you keep getting anti-virus triggers, you can re-download the package to sort it.

Kind Regards,
Josh

16 hours ago, Octal450 said:

Updated the archives on site to fix most of the false positives. No need to re-download, but if you keep getting anti-virus triggers, you can re-download the package to sort it.

Kind Regards,
Josh

Hello Thanks for correcting the false positive of the files, about the xell, this is not one of the programs that fail

blaKCat nand dumper

https://www42.zippyshare.com/v/IsXTaTWo/file.html

I use this program to dump the nand from xell (only compatible with trinity or earlier), I know that there are other options such as "simple nand flasher" but since I also use an MTX SPI NAND, it makes it easier for me to work in jasper of big block since I only have to read 1MB and then read the rest of the nand via USB and thus save time.

I'm also sorry to report that nandpro2e still doesn't work with my MTX SPI NAND with factory hex, this one for some unknown reason I can't flash it with another hex. So again I had to replace nandpro2e with NandPro2b_Armv3, and only then did it work.

Greetings

Cerial i.Q.

blaKCat nand dumper.zip

Hi,

Thanks, I will check it out. 

Ah ok, my MTX worked with 2e. I will try with Armv3 version and update. 

Kind Regards,
Josh

Hi @Cerial_iQ I have found and fixed the problem. Someone in XeLL rewrote the ELF loader and broke it.

I will upload fixed files very shortly to the auto-updater.

Sorry the nandpro checks did not have time. I will be away in new years.

But I will look at it for the January update.

Kind Regards,
Josh

Hi,

Another quick end of the year update :D
V3.1.0b:
- Added: File drag and drop for Donor Nand Creator and KV Decrypter
- Added: Custom SMC Config selection in Donor Nand Creator
- Fixed: Patches not being reset properly
- Fixed: Invalid state causing Donor Nand Creator to not recognize console type
- Fixed: New XeLL not launching ELF files correctly
- Fixed: Post V3.1.0 release bugs

Thanks very much for the bug reporting, V3.1.0 was a massive update so naturally there were a few issues to work out. 

Kind Regards,
Josh

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Octal450 said:

Hi @Cerial_iQ I have found and fixed the problem. Someone in XeLL rewrote the ELF loader and broke it.

I will upload fixed files very shortly to the auto-updater.

Sorry the nandpro checks did not have time. I will be away in new years.

But I will look at it for the January update.

Kind Regards,
Josh 

Happy New Year

Thanks for your hard work.

Don't worry, the nandpro solution can wait, I don't mind replacing the version that works for me.

Thanks, again

• Like 1