RealModScene
Octal450

J-Runner with Extras (17559) - Built in Timings, Bugfixes, and New Features!

On 1/17/2024 at 9:55 AM, PommeJaune said:

Am I the only one who can't RGH 3 my jasper with dashboard 13604 ?

Downloaded latest J-RUNNER

Did everything as usual but I can only get to Xell

not to the dashboard..

Jrunner don't have 13604. Atleast xell still boots to flash back😅 you will need to do some research & testing & use the correct bootloaders I guess for 13604 rgh3

Possibility of adding other supported programmers?

Many of those who are into hardware hacking themselves beyond modding their console often have various other options for programmers available. While I could wire up to a LPT port, it'd be more convenient to use others that I have.

Things such as:

- CH341a

- BusPirate

- Other FTDI 232H BoBs etc. eg. https://learn.adafruit.com/programming-spi-flash-prom-with-an-ft232h-breakout/overview

- Raspberry Pi (or similar SoC boards with SPI pins available)

- Arduinos/other microcontroller BoBs that have SPI pins available

(Obviously the last two options would require companion software/firmware; at least for Arduinos/similar micros, Adafruit also has a simple library available for flashing, https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_SPIFlash

Cheers

Anyone suddenly getting an issue with J-runner w/ Extras when creating XeBuild?

J-Runner was running fine , did 3 boards two days ago.  I go to do one today and now I'm getting the following error when trying to create XeBuid.

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\Desktop\J-Runner-with-Extras\xeBuild\data\nanddump.bin' is denied.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.File.Copy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
   at JRunner.Panels.XeBuildPanel.copyfiles(String cpukey)
   at JRunner.Panels.XeBuildPanel.createxebuild_v2(Boolean custom, PrivateN nand, Boolean fullDataClean)
   at JRunner.MainForm.<btnXeBuildClick>b__186_0()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Tried disabling Windows Defender and all of it's crap and also re-downloaded J-runner w/ Extras.  Even ran as administrator , no dice.  Using Windows 11 22H2.

Like I said it was working without this error a couple days ago when flashing 2 4gb Coronas w/ SD Tool.  This current one is a 4gb Corona as well.

Thanks

The answer is right there in your error: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\Desktop\J-Runner-with-Extras\xeBuild\data\nanddump.bin' is denied.

Something on your system is preventing access to the nand dump after it gets copied into data.

Not much I can really do to tell you what, sorry.

Kind Regards,
Josh

On 1/30/2024 at 4:39 AM, forbiddenera said:

Possibility of adding other supported programmers?

Sorry, I don't have time for that, especially since most people won't be using it.

Kind Regards,
Josh

Advanced feature. For use on devkits to launch freeboot. Don’t worry about it unless you need it. 

Kind Regards,
Josh

1 hour ago, Octal450 said:

Advanced feature. For use on devkits to launch freeboot. Don’t worry about it unless you need it. 

Kind Regards,
Josh

Ive got a devkit unit myself, I bought a wasted jasper and replaced it with a 0 fuse CPU, I simply chose DEVkit option when I launched Recovery img. 

I made a dumb of my devkit and launched it in this jrunner, the devgl option is not selectable. 

do I have to manually add files to rebuild folders ? 

The option requires a key and I cannot redistribute that legally. You will need to find the devgl files yourself and install them to the program to use that option. 

Kind Regards,
Josh

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Octal450 said:

The option requires a key and I cannot redistribute that legally. You will need to find the devgl files yourself and install them to the program to use that option. 

Kind Regards,
Josh

Those Microsoft private keys?