RealModScene
Octal450

J-Runner with Extras (17559) - Built in Timings, Bugfixes, and New Features!

Hi,
Glad to hear!

New release is out.

V3.2.2 r3:
- Added: Reworked Advanced XeBuild Options panel
- Added: Updated XL HDD and XL USB patches
- Added: Improved UI for some dialogs
- Fixed: Minor UI issues
- Fixed: Broken tooltips in XeBuild panel
- Fixed: Tab ordering in certain areas
- Fixed: Various bugs and usability issues

Kind Regards,
Josh

So I did a jasper dump yesterday I got all the way to write xell then when I try to get too xell screen on Xbox nothing shows everything was successful I never get the cpu key and I’m stuck with a black screen no logo of Xbox nothing even after stating over. Both nand dumps are the same and my system still shows in j runner. I had maybe 5 bad blocks in both dumps and I don’t remember if I had 1 in the nand write but both was successful. So I was wondering if there any way to fix this? Is it the bottom wires as there kinda hard without micro… or I bricked .. bricked it? And is there anyway to fix it if it’s just a corrupted dump..also I used JR programmer  Thanks! And again never gained cpu key!

29BC85D2-ADDD-4A9B-9037-B1931DC5699E.jpeg

Installed rgh3 on a Falcon, getting instant reliable boots, however I am getting random freezes unless I have fan override at 90% anything less and it will freeze anytime upto 15 minutes later  at 90% it Will work OK.

I am waiting on xclamp removal tool and mx-4 paste. Someone advised that in change the smc power from 8280 to 8080.

Can I do this In the following way using j runner

Load up my updflash from my original xebuild in load source, select glitch 2, rgh3 and 27mhz

Change 8280 to 8080 using jrunner and save. as in attached picture

Click create xebuild

Flash the newly created updflash using xell and usb.

Will this work and not damage the xell boot, or do I need to start again with with j runner and my original untouched dump??

20230522_161302.jpg

The fan thing is not related.

Btw, I am still alive, the next update is just changed a lot of things so as a result the release is taking longer to be ready. The next release should be in June.

King Regards,
Josh

14 hours ago, Octal450 said:

The fan thing is not related.

Btw, I am still alive, the next update is just changed a lot of things so as a result the release is taking longer to be ready. The next release should be in June.

King Regards,
Josh

I reflashed with 8080 and used stock temp values and no more freezing even though its now hitting higher temps. It hitting 75 on dram before it would freeze around 63, that's why i originally thought it was heat related but its not.

Would the fans running at a high speed alter voltages across the board and fix / mask the  underlying issues that altering the power mode settings do.

What does altering the power mode down by 200 effectively do to to the system  and negateb freezing on falcons?

I'd have to look into it to tell you tbh.

Our June release is now live with a slew of new features and bugfixes:

V3.3.0:
- Added: Improved UI
- Added: Support for 64MB Small Block images (XDK)
- Added: Nand Info now displays SMC version
- Added: Double click text boxes to copy value to clipboard
- Added: Ability to edit KV MFR date
- Added: Toggle for saving backups when editing KV or SMC Config
- Added: Added 4580 CB to 6717 for certain JTAGable Zephyrs
- Added: Automatically focus the IP entry box after writing XeLL
- Added: EXT_CLK XDKbuild timings for Xenon and Zephyr
- Added: Improved UI for some dialogs
- Fixed: Certain OSIGs not working properly in Patch KV
- Fixed: XL HDD not working properly on JTAG images
- Fixed: Invalid characters causing the Donor Nand Wizard to crash
- Fixed: Bugs with Corona BB console type
- Fixed: Mistake in xFlasher JTAG programming definitions
- Fixed: SMC Config Editor bugfix
- Fixed: Certain config blocks causing SMC Config Editor to crash
- Fixed: Erroneous Unrecognized Flash Config message with 64MB
- Fixed: Various bugs and usability issues

Kind Regards,
Josh

Re-released the update to fix a false positive issue in Windows Defender. We should be good now.

Kind Regards,
Josh

Re-released the update to fix an issue with the Donor Nand wizard. Due to the huge number of internal changes in V3.3.0, an issue slipped past me that I didn't realize.

Kind Regards,
Josh

I report. The 8BitDo adapter v1 and v2 works with the UsbdSecPatch.xex patch as well as with the built-in nand (UsbdSec option in J-Runner-with-Extras v.3.3.0). V1 with firmware 1.32. V2 with firmware 1.0. There is no XBOX Original support.

On 7/29/2023 at 11:14 PM, Nikolay_L said:

I report. The 8BitDo adapter v1 and v2 works with the UsbdSecPatch.xex patch as well as with the built-in nand (UsbdSec option in J-Runner-with-Extras v.3.3.0). V1 with firmware 1.32. V2 with firmware 1.0. There is no XBOX Original support.

8BitDo v2 adapter definitely works with Xbox Original games on 360 with a PS5 controller. Or did you mean that the adapter does not work on original xboxes?

I prefer the Mayflash adapters over 8BitDo. I have the Mayflash NS lite model. It has a lower input lag by about one 60fps frame. The Mayflash has a about 0.5 frame delay compared to an official wired 360 controller. I did some crude measurements with my 240fps camera on my phone. The 8BitDo lag is definitely noticeable in FPS games for me.

Also for me, Mayflash adapter remembers my PS5 controller so I don't have to re-sync it every time I boot up the console. Also the controller shuts down automatically when I turn off the console, which does not happen with the 8BitDo adapter, at least not immediately.

20 hours ago, baabox said:

8BitDo v2 adapter definitely works with Xbox Original games on 360 with a PS5 controller. Or did you mean that the adapter does not work on original xboxes?

Yes, I meant XBOX Original games. Try TimeSplitters 2 and TimeSplitters Future Perfect. You can immediately see on them if the control is not compatible.

13 minutes ago, Nikolay_L said:

Yes, I meant XBOX Original games. Try TimeSplitters 2 and TimeSplitters Future Perfect. You can immediately see on them if the control is not compatible.

I did some research and TimeSplitters games have issues even with official controllers. They work only with some unofficial controllers. So the TimeSplitters games are definitely an exception.

5 hours ago, baabox said:

They work only with some unofficial controllers.

TimeSplitters + Mayflash NS = ok. At least that's how they write.

hi, ive manually extracted my xbox trinity nand by using an xgecu tl866ii plus. how can i write the ecc files to an extracted nand bin file using j-runner? im trying to avoid buying extra hardware, is this at all possible?

i load up my source nand and select the correct options on xebuild section, when i click create Xell nothing happens.

Update: I managed to figure out how to create the xell file (glitch.ecc) but how do I write it into the already extracted bin file?

Update 2: so i guess the glitch.ecc file is just its own standalone nand file that is written before any real modifications are done to the xbox so after creating the ecc all i had to do is write it to the nand, i did name it image_00000000.ecc per some other thread i found. i dont think the name matters but whatever i did it anyways to be sure. I was able to load into xell and get the cpu key.

Update 3: Everything went great! the xbox is now modded with rgh3, no need to buy any special programmer, just load the .ecc image version of your choosing from "\J-runner\common\xell-images\glitch2" create xeLL, go into "\J-runner\output" then program the glitch.ecc file to the nand to get your cpu key. after that you create donor and follow the instructions, that will create a updflash.bin for you to reprogram onto the nand and youre done!

If you guys ever create a manual i hope you can add instructions on how to flash the nand for people who already have nand flash capable programmers. or make it more straight forward in the gui.

Hi from college :)

Small update, mainly for Eaton's latest XL HDD patch to fix a minor issue with some consoles not working.

V3.3.0 r2:
- Added: Improved New Session command
- Added: Updated XL HDD patch
- Fixed: Corona 4GB image detection issue

@gmorb, instructions I guess we can make it. You can also note that Nand -> Load Glitch XeLL can be used.

Kind Regards,
Josh

image.gif

there appears to be a bug in lwip that causes Xell to crash when requesting an IP on a network with multiple DNS servers defined in the DHCP config,

https://github.com/Free60Project/xell-reloaded/issues/8

if somebody could build a TRINITY_RGH3.ecc or updxell.bin

with this patch

https://github.com/lwip-tcpip/lwip/commit/1eeb70fbfab284054da4a3bc96d366eac77c4c2a

applied, I'd be happy to test it.

Hello Octal! Thank you for the latest release.

I guess there's a bug in the ISD Sound Editor when used with the version 2115 of the ISD chip and picoflasher. - It works just FINE when using JR-Programmer (Same solder points, same wires soldered)

It can read the IC contents just fine, verify fine against the original file.

The problem is while writting... The last two bits of each row is "blank"

Same setup work just fine with ISD 2110 (picoflasher, jr-runner version)

If you want to investigate, I can test without any problems.

Tried with two diff pi picos, two consoles with 2115 (same behavior), and both alternative points and the original sonus points.

Spk

@Octal450 Thanks for your efforts. Can you please add support for 13604?
We already have 6717 (last Blades) and 9199 (last NXE), but not 13604 (last Kinect NXE).
13604 is the last version before metro redesign.
I've found 13604-RGH2-Support.zip and it even includes glitch2.ini for RGH3.

I suppose there is no need to keep 17489 anymore as it is the same with 17559.

17489 is for XDKbuild.

Added for the version next. Release shortly.

Kind Regards,
Josh

NEW RELEASE

V3.3.0 r3:
- Added: Add support for XL Both patches
- Added: Updated XL HDD patches to fix JTAG no boot issue
- Added: Quality of life UI improvements
- Added: 13604 dashboard
- Fixed: UI bugs
- Fixed: Issues with CB combo sorting
- Fixed: Possible crash when loading certain nands

As you may have noticed, "XL Both" is now a thing. Read more at Eaton's blog post: FATXplorer » Combined Xbox 360 XL Patches Now Available (eaton-works.com)

Kind Regards,
Josh

8 hours ago, Octal450 said:

NEW RELEASE

V3.3.0 r3:
- Added: Add support for XL Both patches
- Added: Updated XL HDD patches to fix JTAG no boot issue
- Added: Quality of life UI improvements
- Added: 13604 dashboard
- Fixed: UI bugs
- Fixed: Issues with CB combo sorting
- Fixed: Possible crash when loading certain nands

As you may have noticed, "XL Both" is now a thing. Read more at Eaton's blog post: FATXplorer » Combined Xbox 360 XL Patches Now Available (eaton-works.com)

Kind Regards,
Josh

it has bugs when you try to use jasper BB nands + rgh 3 (it creates xell with • Bad Block ID @ 0x1 [Offset: 0x4200]) 

5 minutes ago, Eruil said:

it has bugs when you try to use jasper BB nands + rgh 3 (it creates xell with • Bad Block ID @ 0x1 [Offset: 0x4200]) 

Negative. All BB ECC reports this error. I even tested in older versions. I'll look at hiding the error in the next version when ECC is detected because it's inaccurate. But continue as normal. You shouldn't get any message unless you select "Reload".

Kind Regards,
Josh

Am I the only one who can't RGH 3 my jasper with dashboard 13604 ?

Downloaded latest J-RUNNER

Did everything as usual but I can only get to Xell

not to the dashboard..