RealModScene
Octal450

J-Runner with Extras (17559) - Built in Timings, Bugfixes, and New Features!

@Octal450

4 hours ago, Octal450 said:

It will block it if your CB is not RGH1-able

That's exactly the problem, if you already have a xebuild rgh1 image, you can't use it to generate another xebuild rgh1 image.

For example, if we have a xebuild rgh1 16767 image and we want to generate a xebuild rgh1 17559 image to update, this is not possible.

And if you don't have the retail nand, the only ways you can upgrade is: use the xebuild rgh1 16767 image with CB 6750 and build a retail image with CB compatible rgh1 and then use that retail image to build xebuild rgh1 17559 .

For more experienced users, this does not present a major problem, but for the most novice I think it does.

Sorry for not explaining myself properly in the previous post.

Salu2

• Like 1

This is not the job of J-Runner with Extras... plenty of tutorials on how to connect Spi there :)
Josh

• Like 1

hi. thanks for the tool. i downgraded my jasper to 9199, but xbox1 emulator doesn't work. i am using nov 2007 emulator. it does work with 17559 firmware. any ideas?

If I have time, I'll check for a fix mafia4

tabej67566, Sorry, I have no idea. I can ask Sam if he has any ideas.

Kind Regards,
Josh

• Like 1

Hi guys,
I want to end support for Windows XP in J-Runner with Extras and make the hard floor Windows Vista.
Windows XP is just too different from all newer versions of Windows. In addition, we want to use Visual Studio 2022's new tools and can't do so because he does not suppport dotNET 4.0 developer pack has been dropped.

If anyone has a LEGITMATE reason that you want XP support to stay, please say so within the next few days. Note: "I want to use my 20 year old laptop" is not a legitimate reason. Get a newer machine or stick with 3.1.2.

Kind Regards,
Josh

• Like 3

The program does not open because it cannot access the update server! The program hangs on the inscription Checking Update! Remove the forced check of the new version!!!

That's not true. It only hangs if it can access the server but you're blocking it somehow. If the request bounces it will still open and work. 

Be more specific on what is blocking the connection and why and I can try to reproduce.

Kind Regards,

Josh

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Octal450 said:

That's not true. It only hangs if it can access the server but you're blocking it somehow. If the request bounces it will still open and work. 

Be more specific on what is blocking the connection and why and I can try to reproduce.

Kind Regards,

Josh

It opens after 3-4 minutes .. this is a very long time. Why can't you make the option to disable Search for updates? It used to be normal, but now every time I start the application, I wait 3-4 minutes for it to open, as the Checking Update message is hanging.

Hi,

The application's updater has not changed how it works in a very long time. Seems you have a configuration problem on YOUR end.

People should use up to date version. If you want to stop it, block with Firewall. Simple. 

@mafia4, I fixed it as you requested.

unknown.png

Kind Regards,
Josh

• Like 1

On 3/26/2022 at 5:47 PM, Octal450 said:

Kind Regards,

Josh

Windows 7 driver for the network card is not installed, so the card is not physically working.
But your program J-Runner with Extras 3.1.2 continuously rapes the processor while running. No program from honest developers should behave like this. I declare that it causes harm by devouring resources, not gaining access to the outside world for your personal purposes.
It is easy to reproduce - turn off the network card in the device manager, run J-Runner with Extras 3.1.2, watch how it loads the processor.
What else she does when accessing the Internet is a mystery.
Why does the processor plow like hell when your program is running, when there is no Internet?
Throw in these devious little things, and make a choice for the user. No one wants to share their data without approval.

My friend,

Firstly, the problem with disabled network card is not reproduceable. There is a check in the application to skip the update sequence if the auto-update XML retrieval fails. So you must have something else on your machine causing this! Maybe its a bug due to a foreign language? Instead of being angry and demanding to remove updater, you need to share information in order to find the issue, because on my machine, there is no issue.

See for yourself: https://youtu.be/oKADCI_P8Kw

Second, if you want to make some conspiracy like that the program is sending things, then decompile the program and show me where the program sends anything to any server. I have not added any protection to the code.

The program tries to download an XML auto-update file from the server. It then compares its internal version to the version in the XML download. Then if the user presses Yes on update, it downloads the Delta or Full zip from the site depending on the minimum delta revision property. You can verify this all yourself by looking at the code. It does not send anything to any server!

So please, do not try and tarnish the application for no reason. If you are worried, go decompile and look for yourself! I don't hide anything.

Kind Regards,
Josh

• Like 2

I described how the program loads the computer without access to the Internet. Above, the person wrote that it starts for a long time without the Internet, he should look at the processes and the load on the processor at that moment.
The rest you made up to blame me. Normal program authors will take note of the facts, and you started to play around like a snake and blame me. I wrote what the program does without getting access to the Internet. From here I draw conclusions on what kind of dirty trick it is capable of receiving the Internet. Will it take up all the memory? 😅

upd:

So that once again defending yourself, you do not attack me again, I will add that the program does not load the processor if you initially have access to the Internet.
Here is your mistake. The program misbehaves without the Internet. It is a fact. Above, another person writes to you, but you accuse him of the wrong brandmauer.

write via google translator

Sir,

I did "take note of the facts". I went and tested the program on 2 separate machines, one with Windows 10, and one with Windows 7. I tested without internet connected, and I tested with the network adapter disabled in Device Manager as you said. I am not able to reproduce any problems with the software, and then I replied above.

If I cannot reproduce it, how can I fix it? Nobody is blaming here. You made accusations against the software, saying that is "causes harm", and I defended it. That is all. Nothing here is made up.

If you are serious about helping me fix the problem, please make a video or provide more information so that I can try to successfully reproduce the problem. Once I find a problem, I can fix it! But if I can't find a problem, then it is more likely that the issue is not with the software, but somewhere else.

Re Upd: I linked above a video, where you can see it behaves normal. Please help me to reproduce a situation where it does not, and then I will GLADLY spend time to fix the problem! What I suggested to him, was if his setup is not allowing normal update check (he DOES have internet, its a different problem from you), then he should block it with Firewall. Firewall is not the problem).

Kind Regards,
Josh

• Like 1

If you do not understand, I will try to chew.
The program is designed to work standalone. But at your whim, it endlessly crawls into the inaccessible Internet.
This is the problem of aggressive resource consumption for me, and the launch logo for another person who wrote above.
It's clear? wine in the program. She does the lewdness of executing your script to the point of insanity. This evil.
You need to think about our words. There is no place for this endless search for the Internet in the program, this is not a browser or torrent client.

Hi,

There is no endless search. Once the connection fails, it should not try again until the application is completely restarted. It only tries once.

So that is why I do not understand how aggressive resource consumption is possible - and indeed, I cannot produce this. The application for me, is working normally without internet.

Hence, I respectfully request that you provide more information such as a video or picture that shows the symptom in action.

Kind Regards,
Josh

• Like 1

To find the problem, you need to run and watch the toolkit. It doesn't seem difficult, but I can't do it.
It's easier if the author removes this auto-chaos called "automatic search for the Internet, and if I don't find the Internet, I'll plow like a damn to spite everyone."
It's all about your auto-update underscript. I repeat, it is not needed, or make the program for its intended purpose, or call it "I will blow you an update at startup, and if I don't blow it, I will bite"
You make the program exactly like your Windows 10 macrosoftware, this is not normal.
Updates. Do not disable in J-Runner with Extras, you are crazy. It's not normal, it's completely outrageous. You should be banned on all resources.

A program for building nanda, with an unswitchable update like Windows 10.
The community should put you on the pitchfork for such antics.

10 minutes ago, Dorcey said:

To find the problem, you need to run and watch the toolkit. It doesn't seem difficult, but I can't do it.
It's easier if the author removes this auto-chaos called "automatic search for the Internet, and if I don't find the Internet, I'll plow like a damn to spite everyone."
It's all about your auto-update underscript. I repeat, it is not needed, or make the program for its intended purpose, or call it "I will blow you an update at startup, and if I don't blow it, I will bite"
You make the program exactly like your Windows 10 macrosoftware, this is not normal.
Updates. Do not disable in J-Runner with Extras, you are crazy. It's not normal, it's completely outrageous. You should be banned on all resources.

A program for building nanda, with an unswitchable update like Windows 10.
The community should put you on the pitchfork for such antics.

You clearly aren't understanding what he's saying. Jrunner checks for updates and if it can't reach the server it continues on to launch the application as it should there is no internet connection required to use the software and the updater is only there to keep users who wish to stay on the latest version, updated. There is nothing malicious about how it's being handled. He's already stated that the exe is not obfuscated and on top of that the source code is freely available for anyone to download and have a read through. It's a non issue..

• Thanks 1