RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
ChronicMasturbator

Why does my 360 suddenly have HDCP

Firstly sorry if this is in the wrong place but I'm new here. Ok... I recently got my 360 modded for the first time ever and after I got it back I had it connected to a normal monitor via HDMI and there was no issues at all. After watching a heap of youtube tutorials I finally figured out how to install all the software and my games etc. and now have it set up just how I want it.

Only one problem though... after I did all that I then went to plug my 360 into my Elgato HD60 Pro capture card (which I always had it plugged into before, along with my PS4, and never had any issues at all) however now it won't work because (as you can see in the screenshot) it now has HDCP on it.

I thought 360's didn't even have HDCP... but since being modded mine now does for some reason. Any solutions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

360.png

The retail Xbox 360 support of course HDCP. Sometimes it helps if  you switch during the playback beetwen your HDMI sources on your tv. In some cases the Xbox 360 lags.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply but it turns out I was just having a blond moment lol. I forgot to add that first my 360 was connected to a HDMI Switch (the very same one it was connected to prior to getting modded though I should add and strangely I never had an issue) and then from there to my PC. Just out of curiosity I switched over to another HDMI Switch I had and suddenly it now works fine... probably should have tried that first huh? *facepalm*

• Haha 1