RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
datakneus

Getting preview images to work in SNES360

I had a lot of trouble getting the previews to work for SNES360. Here's what I did:

1. Make sure you have configured the settings.xml file with a text editor so that the <HDD Drive> points to the directory with your roms and <PreviewPath> to your directory with your preview images.

2. Download an image for every rom you have in your rom directory (I used Skraper  http://skraper.net/ to automate the downloading)

3. Make sure all the image files have the same name as the rom files (e.g. 3 Ninjas Kick Back (U).rom has an image file 3 Ninjas Kick Back (U).png)

4. Make sure all image files (*.png) have color depth of 24. You can mass convert your image files for free with IrfanView.

5. FTP all roms to the rom directory you stated in the settings.xml file in step 1.

6. FTP all images to the preview directory you stated in the settings.xml file in step 1.

• Like 1

thanks buddy! color depth 24 worked great on snes360 but VBA360 still fail to recognize most previews. I tried because the interface and data set seemed very similar but no luck. Weird thing is that when I just take a previews it works without any problem ... I guess it was not meant with vba360 lol

Anyway great job.