RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
theoldone

covers and weather

I found the problem for the reason why I didn't get any covers, screenshots or game info.

I installed the Freestyle dash on the xbox360 from a friend of mine and it turned out that the network settings of his xbox were wrong.

If you go to the original microsoft dashboard -> system settings -> network settings -> configure network -> the DNS settings were wrong, changing them to "automatic" solved the problem for me ;)

Posted Image

Ok, but that is other problem. In my case the DNS config is "automatic" and DNS IP is correct.

If the DNS was incorrect wouldn't work any network service.

And in your screenshot the configuration is manual.

Ok, but that is other problem. In my case the DNS config is "automatic" and DNS IP is correct.

If the DNS was incorrect wouldn't work any network service.

And in your screenshot the configuration is manual.

Sorry for the confusing with the screenshot, the screenshot was just to show where I changed the settings from manual to automatic.

And in my case it is not true that with the incorrect DNS settings none of the network services was working, with the wrong DNS settings I did get game icons and background artwork, but no covers, screenshots and game info !

And in my case it is not true that with the incorrect DNS settings none of the network services was working, with the wrong DNS settings I did get game icons and background artwork, but no covers, screenshots and game info !

What are your DNS settings in automatic?

The previous and current DNS are the IP of the router. Before it didn't work because the router's IP was incorrect. So I doubt very much that it would work in part.

Is there only custom covers loaded on your JQE360 account or does it auto download default covers? also my weather wont work by itself.

The only way I can get anything is to load covers on JQE360 (doesnt grab them by itself) Then refresh artwork

After refreshing artwork the Xbox freezes for 20 sec and starts downloading covers then when I exit the game options my weather works

Anyone ?

I can't seem to make the weather work either when I fill in my location or any other city nothing is found when i hit search and the location goes empty when i exit the settings.

From JQEcovers some covers like ''ghost recon advanced warfighter 2'' won't seem to upload when I click ''install to xbox'' freestyle shows the right name but with an oblivion cover. same for asterix, most other covers seem to go fine.

My covers are all downloding fine, but my weather doesnt work. My town is found and i can select it, but the weather shows up blank in the dash?

sorted. i had to enter the dns automatic wouldnt work for some reason. it did with the previouse fsd though?

anyone having bother open a command window on a pc on the same network and type ipconfig/all and it will list your i.p's including your dns address's

I am having the same issue with both Weather and covers. livestrong=off but fakelive is on for indie support. weather doesnt find my city or zip (press search, nothing happens, just blank detail box)

P.S. I am not on the latest Metro dash, is this required? --- Edit. I have Just uploaded to Metro... Same issue, but now the Weather see's my city details, but doesnt populate, and "ALL" of my cover art for the covergflow details require a manual "update cover art" selection... it is strange that coverflow works so well on the wii which is 1/3 the technical power of a 360. but, Im here to learn so please, teach me

Any help is appreciated.

yes sir i am

I can pull individual cover images (by selecting update images from the game menu "Y button") but not by default, and weather still does not display

ok please do this for me, do a fresh install, add all your paths in and let it attempt to download art. When it is done attempt to add your city to weather. This all MUST be done without restarting F3, navigate into your f3 folder via FTP, data, Logs and upload your deubug log for us to take a look at. You can send it to me privately in PM if you like.

Will do, I have already done a fresh install by loading xexmenu and then deleting the f3 folder via ftp. but I will try it again using your instructions and will upload the debug log later on today. thanks in advance

I seem to have an issue with even trying to enter in my login info in cover downloading. its not letting me at all. i select the login username and press A to open the keyboard and nothing happens at all. anyone experiencing this as well??

I used the "clear data" option under reset settings.

Only problem now is, the covers aren't updated anymore.

No covers are shown.

Weather, works, manual downloading a cover "refresh artwork option" works.

I don't use jqe360.

Any thoughts? I've got 100+games on my usb hdd.

I used the "clear data" option under reset settings.

Only problem now is, the covers aren't updated anymore.

No covers are shown.

Weather, works, manual downloading a cover "refresh artwork option" works.

I don't use jqe360.

Any thoughts? I've got 100+games on my usb hdd.

After deleting the database manually competely and re-adding the folders 1 by 1, the covers got loaded again!

FSD however crashed when adding the xbla game folder. Maybe to whole problem has to do with the number of files it needs to download?

i had the same problem, i had to remove the game path, then clear game data then put the game path back in. Now it scans and downloads.

I originally had this problem from pressing clear game data, then it wouldn't auto download the covers etc. I also tried deleting the game path and putting it back in. Then my solution was to do both.