RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
theoldone

covers and weather

I have not been able to get my local weather setup in FSD, it does not appear to be connecting to the internet, having the same problem with the cover downloading. I have a cover waiting in the q at jqecovers and my login info is entered into FSD but the cover is not being installed. I know that I have been connected to the internet because I can get TU updates without any issue. What am I missing for weather updates and cover downloading?

well the weather api has been shut down so that feature is dead for now, as for he cover make sure you have

livestrong = false;

in your dashlaunch launch.ini

there was an issue with the xbox connection to the covers site. It has now been fixed.

Guest zathoraus

Do they play to implement another weather api as google's is down?

Do they play to implement another weather api as google's is down?

I meant does anyone plan to Implement a different api now that Google's is down for good?
  • Like 1

I meant does anyone plan to Implement a different api now that Google's is down for good?

Only time will tell :D

The problem still persists. I can't download covers since several days ago.

I have tried with FSD 2.2rev1072 and today with FSD 3rev58. Same frustrating result: no download.

And the weather plugin works rarely.

The title updates are not working neither.

Edited by J1S

sounds like an issue with your network, not fsd.

My network works well. The X360 is conected to a router with cable.

How can I test that the network (from X360) is bad?

in metro, go to network settings and they have a couple tests you can run.

Metro? What Metro? The game "Metro 2033"?

I have started the Xbox360 with FSD3 now, and it begins to download items but after several of them, the speed goes down to 0 again. Now it is downloading again well. ¿?

The X360 connection is the same that I use in my PC, and it works well in my PC.

Now it has downloaded all covers, but there is no screenshots, icons, etc... Only covers.

And I can't download any TU.

metro is the name for the new microsoft dashoard. just go in the normal dashboard (not F3) and look in the settings.

metro is the name for the new microsoft dashoard. just go in the normal dashboard (not F3) and look in the settings.

Ok, but I haven't that dashboard. The mine is older. I can't update now.

I set "liveblock = false" and I goes to normal dashboard. It has connected to Xbox servers and it alert me of an update, I select yes, and it downloads the new update in a minute but it gives an error when I try to install it. I suppose that the problem is the modifications of console.

By other side, the connectivity test of old dashboard is correct, except when it tries to connect to Xbox Live servers because, in that moment, it alerts again of the new update and if I select no, gives an error. But it connects correctly to Internet.

Moreover, I said that it works sometimes. Sometimes download the covers (now I have all covers, but no the icons or screenshots) and sometimes it downloads the TU, but generally doesn't work. And when it works is in the moment that FSD is recent loaded, after some time loses the connectivity.

This is a problem of the FSD or in the servers of covers, TU, etc...I

I repeat the X360 test is correct, Xbox Live downloads the entire update in a minute, and it's the same connection/router that I use in my PC and it works correctly in my PC.

Still you think the problem is in my console or connection?

I think maybe you could possibly be in over your head? You are really trying to update a jtag from Microsoft? that will ruin it for you.

Anyhow, I have a similar problem, I can get the xbla covers to download, but not my XBOX360 covers, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ok, but I haven't that dashboard. The mine is older. I can't update now.

I set "liveblock = false" and I goes to normal dashboard. It has connected to Xbox servers and it alert me of an update, I select yes, and it downloads the new update in a minute but it gives an error when I try to install it. I suppose that the problem is the modifications of console.

By other side, the connectivity test of old dashboard is correct, except when it tries to connect to Xbox Live servers because, in that moment, it alerts again of the new update and if I select no, gives an error. But it connects correctly to Internet.

Moreover, I said that it works sometimes. Sometimes download the covers (now I have all covers, but no the icons or screenshots) and sometimes it downloads the TU, but generally doesn't work. And when it works is in the moment that FSD is recent loaded, after some time loses the connectivity.

This is a problem of the FSD or in the servers of covers, TU, etc...I

I repeat the X360 test is correct, Xbox Live downloads the entire update in a minute, and it's the same connection/router that I use in my PC and it works correctly in my PC.

Still you think the problem is in my console or connection?

Just a little suggestion... Ask whoever u got ur RGH / JTAG from and get them to.update it for you...

If you continue to do what you are doing your bound to kill ur Xbox. Espically if it's a Jtag. Not that it can't be fixed but will cost you money to do so.

Cheers

Dark

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

I think maybe you could possibly be in over your head? You are really trying to update a jtag from Microsoft? that will ruin it for you.

Anyhow, I have a similar problem, I can get the xbla covers to download, but not my XBOX360 covers, any help would be greatly appreciated.

What ruin? :huh: It seemed the unique network test that I can do in X360. And it worked well.

Just a little suggestion... Ask whoever u got ur RGH / JTAG from and get them to.update it for you...

If you continue to do what you are doing your bound to kill ur Xbox. Espically if it's a Jtag. Not that it can't be fixed but will cost you money to do so.

My console is RGH.

I have updated yesterday to Dashboard 15574.

But this isn't the problem. The problem is poor connectivity with last FSD to covers/TU servers.

Now it works worst.

I have reset settings and when it restart I have the same settings! :o

I have cleared the game data to force to FSD to download it again. It restart and it scans some game folders but it doesn't download nothing. :unsure:

The weather plugin today works! :rolleyes:

I have tried game by game, selecting "Refresh artwork" option and it sometimes downloads the icon and background, sometimes it downloads only the icon, but never the screenshots nor covers.

if the problem was my X360 connectivity, it wouldn't update the weather, the time nor download partial artwork. Don't you think?

make sure that in dashlaunch you livestrong = faslse

I'm sure that "livestrong = false"

Hi All,

I too am having trouble downloading my covers.

I can do it one by one but that would take some time.

Any ideas ?

The weather works fine and have livestrong=false (disabled) in dashlaunch.

hi , cheers for f3

i too am having problems, covers just wont download.

livestrong + false

artwork downloads fine just no covers.

please halp

thanks.

hi , cheers for f3

i too am having problems, covers just wont download.

livestrong + false

artwork downloads fine just no covers.

please halp

thanks.

I'm having the exact same problem.

Background artwork and game icons are downloaded, but no covers, screenshots and game info :(

I found the problem for the reason why I didn't get any covers, screenshots or game info.

I installed the Freestyle dash on the xbox360 from a friend of mine and it turned out that the network settings of his xbox were wrong.

If you go to the original microsoft dashboard -> system settings -> network settings -> configure network -> the DNS settings were wrong, changing them to "automatic" solved the problem for me ;)

Posted Image