RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
NoSoul

Loading problems with Aurora

I got a 2nd 360 RGH'd (both are Jaspers) and I moved the hard drive over from the 1st one, but when I do that I have problems with loading Aurora when I first load it, it shows covers for things like xefu that I've hidden and duplicate covers of games that I might have moved say from usb0 to usb1 it shows both. Usually after a few minutes it will correct itself and show the right covers. This doesn't happen every single time I boot maybe 50% of the time. Same hard drive does not have this problem on the other RGH'd 360. 

3 minutes ago, NoSoul said:

I got a 2nd 360 RGH'd (both are Jaspers) and I moved the hard drive over from the 1st one, but when I do that I have problems with loading Aurora when I first load it, it shows covers for things like xefu that I've hidden and duplicate covers of games that I might have moved say from usb0 to usb1 it shows both. Usually after a few minutes it will correct itself and show the right covers. This doesn't happen every single time I boot maybe 50% of the time. 

Aurora isn't meant to hotswap iirc.. it probably is sorting it's self out due to the console id being different

Oh wow didn't know that. So I need to start fresh and reinstall it and add all paths and covers? 

I figured out I'm pretty sure it's the internal hard drive because I loaded a different hard drive on the console and it loads perfectly fine. It's over 200 gb and is filled with games, custom covers I made etc... what's the best way to "reset" it I guess. Can I copy everything to my computer, format the hard drive, and copy everything back? Or clear cache or what? 

13 hours ago, NoSoul said:

I figured out I'm pretty sure it's the internal hard drive because I loaded a different hard drive on the console and it loads perfectly fine. It's over 200 gb and is filled with games, custom covers I made etc... what's the best way to "reset" it I guess. Can I copy everything to my computer, format the hard drive, and copy everything back? Or clear cache or what? 

if it is a problem with the hdd, that could mean it is going bad mate.. you would just need a new one

I tried a format and it seems to be running better, but that's before I transfer the files hopefully there's not corrupt files. I forgot that this hard drive was purchased off Ebay by someone who replaced a 20 gb hdd shell with a 250 gb hard drive, so it's not Microsoft's hard drive it's just the shell of their hard drive. Hopefully it runs ok now, if not I got all my files backed up (took all night) and I'll just buy another.