RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
WillTheLion

I made a new Aurora 'logo' for my splash screen, but it's off center. XBOX UI Tool Blank files?

Hey guys I'm attempting to change the splash screen image of Aurora when it's loading to just a new full 1280x720 image to fill the whole screen. The image I made loads, but it loads off center:

Edit: Here's the Imgur album link in case the in line images have issues: https://imgur.com/a/dDFOb04

h1yENRb.jpg

This is the full 1280x720 image saved over the logo image, it works great but it's off center because it's trying to load it from the origin point of the original logo's top left. How can I get it to originate at the top left of the screen instead?

I made a temporary fix version that is just the old logo replaced with a similar image to the above. The key differences are it's slightly taller than the original logo, so it drops a little further down, and it's not centered vertically because of it. But if I can't find another way to fix this then that'll do what I need it to do I guess. It looks like this:\

R078sXS.jpg

Viewing this thread here: 

It has a video that shows what the Xbox UI Tool should look like when opening the splash screen 'Aurora_Loading.xur'. But when I open it via double click the file the program opens to a blank screen as shown here: 

Any ideas on how to fix either my Xbox UI Tool or how to get the image I've attached below centered properly I'd appreciate it. 

Aurora.Skin.Scenes.Splash.Logo.Alternate.png

Well after several hours of trial and error and I found a way to make what I wanted to do work. I found that I could use the Aurora_Loading.xur file from a dark theme done by Salvador Real (from mega.co.nz link here: realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/8930-skin-elegant-skin-xbox-one-x/ ) that had a file called Fondo.png that's a 'background'.png file. I pasted those two files into my default Aurora theme I unpacked and then replaced the Fondo.png with my desired image. I then made the two images with the Aurora logo transparent so that I don't have that loading on top of my image.

Now I got the perfect splash screen for my Arcade Cabinet that I'm using an RGH Xbox 360 for. Check it out:

20200624_084452.thumb.jpg.318443b9edb1f89e5bd8d4b210f84f26.jpg

So I don't actually need help getting the image there. I think I understand the problem with the original attempts fairly well, but I would appreciate any ideas on why the Xbox UI Tool seems broken for me and loads nothing like shown in my short youtube video. Thanks!

14 hours ago, WillTheLion said:

So I don't actually need help getting the image there. I think I understand the problem with the original attempts fairly well, but I would appreciate any ideas on why the Xbox UI Tool seems broken for me and loads nothing like shown in my short youtube video. Thanks!

why it loads up like that? i dont know, but have you tried opening it up from within xuitools??

it might be a file association problem.