RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Platinumstar90

Mass effect 2 and 3 odd behaviour

Hi, I exctracted my Mass Effect 2 and 3 discs through fsd in the following way: Hdd1/Content/000000000000000/Mass Effect 2 Disk1, Mass Effect 2 Disk2, Mass Effect 3 Disk1 and Mass Effect 3 Disk2 (4 different folders under tha same path). I'm experiencing some odd behiavour with both games.
Mass effect 2: Both disks appear in 360 games list, if I launch disk 2 and start a new game i get "unreadable disk". Is it normal?

Mass effect 3: A minor flaw, only disk 1 appear in the list, but if I launch disk 2 from default.xex and start a new game it correctly swaps to disk 1.

Is it normal for mass effect 2 to give "unreadable disk" if you start from the wrong disk? Can i make me3 disk 2 appear in the list?
EDIT: solved for mass effect 3 disk2, it was under "hidden games" for some odd reason, lauched disk 2 and swapped automatically to disk 1 to create my character and start the game. Now I just have to figure out if Me2 just doesn't swap when "it'not the right moment" or something's wrong.

2 hours ago, Platinumstar90 said:

Hi, I exctracted my Mass Effect 2 and 3 discs through fsd in the following way: Hdd1/Content/000000000000000/Mass Effect 2 Disk1, Mass Effect 2 Disk2, Mass Effect 3 Disk1 and Mass Effect 3 Disk2 (4 different folders under tha same path). I'm experiencing some odd behiavour with both games.
Mass effect 2: Both disks appear in 360 games list, if I launch disk 2 and start a new game i get "unreadable disk". Is it normal?

Mass effect 3: A minor flaw, only disk 1 appear in the list, but if I launch disk 2 from default.xex and start a new game it correctly swaps to disk 1.

Is it normal for mass effect 2 to give "unreadable disk" if you start from the wrong disk? Can i make me3 disk 2 appear in the list?
EDIT: solved for mass effect 3 disk2, it was under "hidden games" for some odd reason, lauched disk 2 and swapped automatically to disk 1 to create my character and start the game. Now I just have to figure out if Me2 just doesn't swap when "it'not the right moment" or something's wrong.

The files that go to the Content folder must have a folder with the Title ID of the Game and in this folder for DLCs (00000002). Mass Effect Example. Content/00000000000000000/4D5307E8/00000002  And those that are not from Content Folder (the game itself) in an external folder for example - xbox360 games- at the root of the HD With due configured path.

Sorry, but i' dont see a relationship between what you wrote and ME 2 not swapping disc automatically (or freezing while doing it). I have lots of extracted games in the content folder under just the "game name" with the files inside, any of them work flawlessly including mass effect 3, swapping disc without any problem under the path "HDD1/Content/000000000000000/ Mass Effect 3 disk1 - Mass Effect 3 disk2". Dlcs, instead, are of course under the "game title id" and "0000002".

4 hours ago, Platinumstar90 said:

Sorry, but i' dont see a relationship between what you wrote and ME 2 not swapping disc automatically (or freezing while doing it). I have lots of extracted games in the content folder under just the "game name" with the files inside, any of them work flawlessly including mass effect 3, swapping disc without any problem under the path "HDD1/Content/000000000000000/ Mass Effect 3 disk1 - Mass Effect 3 disk2". Dlcs, instead, are of course under the "game title id" and "0000002". Are you suggesting to take all the two discs file and put them under "4D5307E8"? Wouldn't overwrite the files with the same name?

Quoted instead of edit, my bad.
Converted the folders to iso and then god and still had problems, i switched to aurora and now i have no problem to swap between discs in god format :), fsd really is crap nowadays.