RealModScene
Abizer

An error has occurred obtaining API Key

Dear all - I'm very beginner in terms of modding Xbox 360. I have a modded Xbox 360 (phat) which I got it modified from my local market (shopkeeper). Subsequently, I managed to install Xex Menu (working perfectly fine and managing to download games and play it via hard disk). Later, I installed Dashlaunch that is also working fine. Finally, installed Aurora and there I am stuck. It has been installed and it does launch perfectly. However, when I try to put my unity id and password it does not automatically retrieve the ID. I am able to use the same id and password on aurora via using a laptop.

The photos of the error, dash launch settings, aurora settings and network settings are attached. Can someone look at it and tell me what I am doing wrong? Can someone please help to fix it?

Thank you.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

I had the same issue when I did that on my 360 a few weeks ago. Just enter the API key by hand (you can see it when you log into the website) and wait some hours. It will work then eventually. At least it did for me.

Make sure your 360 can actually connect to the internet, you may have a firewall blocking it. I'm a bit confused by the screenshots you posted. Some show internet and even Xbox Live, while others show no internet...

@DerSammler: Yeah I know the screenshot for network setting is confusing. When I open network it shows all ticked but when I run the tests, results show different which you can see in the pics. How I make sure it is actually connecting to the internet and there is no firewall blocking?

14 hours ago, Abizer said:

@DerSammler: Yeah I know the screenshot for network setting is confusing. When I open network it shows all ticked but when I run the tests, results show different which you can see in the pics. How I make sure it is actually connecting to the internet and there is no firewall blocking?

Have you disabled livestrong? In dashlaunch??

And you do not use the built in network test, as it connects to m$ servers.. all you need to do is boot up aurora/xexmenu/etc and if you have an ip in their menus, you're connected, plus aurora will autosync the clock as well..

11 hours ago, felida said:

Have you disabled livestrong? In dashlaunch??

And you do not use the built in network test, as it connects to m$ servers.. all you need to do is boot up aurora/xexmenu/etc and if you have an ip in their menus, you're connected, plus aurora will autosync the clock as well..

Yes, I did disable LiveStrong in Dashlaunch. It does show an IP address on Aurora but does not help in retrieving the key.

11 hours ago, Abizer said:

Yes, I did disable LiveStrong in Dashlaunch. It does show an IP address on Aurora but does not help in retrieving the key.

are you entering a valid xboxunity account? and not this account??

9 hours ago, felida said:

are you entering a valid xboxunity account? and not this account??

Yes, I am entering a valid unity account. In fact I made two with doubt that probably one was case sensitive. Both perfectly works fine via the website using a laptop. Someone told me that I may require to port forward on router. Do you think that is require, if yes, how?

16 hours ago, Abizer said:

Yes, I am entering a valid unity account. In fact I made two with doubt that probably one was case sensitive. Both perfectly works fine via the website using a laptop. Someone told me that I may require to port forward on router. Do you think that is require, if yes, how?

Port forwarding is only required to host games on LiNK mate.. not to play/get tus and such.. 

Edit:

Just noticed your IP address in the stock dash mate.. something really is messed up,

because your gateway is 10.186.128.1

And your IP is

Logically this can not happen.. your IP to the Xbox should be

10.186.128.x (x = 2-255 if your DHCP is setup that way)

Not

You have internal network issues, and that is why you can't connect to get your API key.. 

On 6/10/2020 at 11:17 AM, felida said:

Port forwarding is only required to host games on LiNK mate.. not to play/get tus and such.. 

Edit:

Just noticed your IP address in the stock dash mate.. something really is messed up,

because your gateway is 10.186.128.1

And your IP is

Logically this can not happen.. your IP to the Xbox should be

10.186.128.x (x = 2-255 if your DHCP is setup that way)

Not

You have internal network issues, and that is why you can't connect to get your API key.. 

I really do not know if that is internal network issues or what. Because I also have another xbox which is not modded and I easily connect that xbox on Xbox Live via wireless. Does my answer make sense? 

On 6/11/2020 at 12:26 PM, Abizer said:

I really do not know if that is internal network issues or what. Because I also have another xbox which is not modded and I easily connect that xbox on Xbox Live via wireless. Does my answer make sense? 

And what does your retail box list as it's ip address?? 

32 minutes ago, felida said:

And what does your retail box list as it's ip address?? 

Smart question, but too late, I just sold out my non-mod xbox couple of day ago :(

10 hours ago, Abizer said:

Smart question, but too late, I just sold out my non-mod xbox couple of day ago :(

ok, what does your laptop register for an IP address on your wifi network??

any device on your network can produce an ip, either laptop (using ipconfig) or phone or anything really

6 hours ago, felida said:

ok, what does your laptop register for an IP address on your wifi network??

any device on your network can produce an ip, either laptop (using ipconfig) or phone or anything really

The IPv4 Address appearing on laptop while connection via my Wifi network is 192.168.1.102.

15 hours ago, Abizer said:

The IPv4 Address appearing on laptop while connection via my Wifi network is 192.168.1.102.

then your xbox should be almost identical to your laptop.. except the ending 3 numbers.. you def have something up with your xbox network