RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
NoSoul

Does Aurora use FSD for storing data?

The reason I ask is I've used Aurora now for 3-4 years but Im digging through my hard drive and my Freestyle Dash folder which I haven't used FSD since like 2016 has like 5 gb of gamedata and title updates. I just want to check if it is safe to delete those or does like Aurora store their title updates in FSD or anything like that? Hope that makes sense. 

5 hours ago, NoSoul said:

The reason I ask is I've used Aurora now for 3-4 years but Im digging through my hard drive and my Freestyle Dash folder which I haven't used FSD since like 2016 has like 5 gb of gamedata and title updates. I just want to check if it is safe to delete those or does like Aurora store their title updates in FSD or anything like that? Hope that makes sense. 

no, you can delete the FSD folder entirely if you so chose.. aurora is independent of FSD

But why does Aurora or FSD store title updates? I don't quite get that. Shouldn't they just be stored by the Xbox 360. Now I'm wondering maybe I installed some title updates when I used FSD and if I delete those I lose the title updates, but I don't know which games are which. If I don't lose the title updates, then why are they taking up space on my hard drive? Like I said it adds up to 5 gb. 

On 5/23/2020 at 10:12 AM, NoSoul said:

But why does Aurora or FSD store title updates? I don't quite get that. Shouldn't they just be stored by the Xbox 360. Now I'm wondering maybe I installed some title updates when I used FSD and if I delete those I lose the title updates, but I don't know which games are which. If I don't lose the title updates, then why are they taking up space on my hard drive? Like I said it adds up to 5 gb. 

they make a backup of the title updates themselves, meaning FSD stores them for FSD in a folder, aurora stores it for aurora.. 

this feature allows you to select which title update you want to have active, if at all.. and if the chosen TU isnt the one in the correct location, then aurora/FSD will move the correct TU

as i said.. you can delete FSD all together, and wont lose anything in aurora..

Does Aurora have the option to connect to your computer through ethernet to view your files on the computer? I watched a tutorail but I thnk it's kinda old and it said only FSD can do that. 

If not I'll have to keep FSD for that feature. 

14 hours ago, NoSoul said:

Does Aurora have the option to connect to your computer through ethernet to view your files on the computer? I watched a tutorail but I thnk it's kinda old and it said only FSD can do that. 

If not I'll have to keep FSD for that feature. 

you're talking about FSD and the SMB option via 360 content manager.. 

all of that isnt needed as you have a better built-in filemanager in aurora that tells you the folder names and such..

but to specifically ask does aurora have the SMB feature? no.. it hasn't been "properly" put in.. but you're free to use what ever program you want.. just don't complain that FSD doesn't work with Link or unity for TU's