RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
NoSoul

Question about transfering from RGH Fat to another RGH Fat

I have an RGH Fat Jasper but the boot times are slow (2 minutes) and lightning hit it and knocked out the HDMI port. I am getting another Jasper RGH'd my question is when I attach the hard drive from the old one to the new one will it have my files or since it's a different console will it require a format? 

thanks

1 hour ago, NoSoul said:

I have an RGH Fat Jasper but the boot times are slow (2 minutes) and lightning hit it and knocked out the HDMI port. I am getting another Jasper RGH'd my question is when I attach the hard drive from the old one to the new one will it have my files or since it's a different console will it require a format? 

thanks

the hdds are meant to be easily transferred.. so no.. no formatting required

Ok but I would like to backup my files anyway that are on my hard drive to my computer. Can this be done from ethernet and how? I tried transferring to an external hard drive but it always stays at 0%. 

The only thing I saw like this on google was FatXplorer but it costs $25 is that the only way? 

NM, watched a Youtube tutorial on how to do it through FSD, pretty simple. 

On 5/22/2020 at 7:47 PM, BenMitnicK said:

Plug your ext HDD in your computer and use FSD or Aurora ftp transfere

would be quicker to simply use the 360 to move stuff to external hdd.. cut out the middle man of ftp

• Like 1

Yeah my externals are all full already that's the problem. I'm going to have to start investing in externals that are used just for storing backups of stuff. 

I ended up just copying everything to my computer for now. 

On 5/24/2020 at 6:11 PM, felida said:

would be quicker to simply use the 360 to move stuff to external hdd.. cut out the middle man of ftp

Yes but I love FTP 😁