RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
xorxfon

Transfer Internal HDD Serial

Is there a way i can edit the serial number in an internal HDD to match a destination system? I had a jtag phat 360 and when i formatted the internal drive it asked for the serial of the system. That machine died and i have an RGH system i would like to physically move the drive to without having to use ftp. Is this possible or will i have to sit tight for a week transferring over all of my games and data?

9 hours ago, xorxfon said:

Is there a way i can edit the serial number in an internal HDD to match a destination system? I had a jtag phat 360 and when i formatted the internal drive it asked for the serial of the system. That machine died and i have an RGH system i would like to physically move the drive to without having to use ftp. Is this possible or will i have to sit tight for a week transferring over all of my games and data?

hdd is plug-n-play mate.. you shouldnt need to change anything

9 hours ago, xorxfon said:

Thanks and may I ask why it even bothers to have you put in a serial to begin with?

It has to do with stock dash.. nothing to do with anything else lol.. the hdds are hotswapable on stock dash as well.. why it asks for serial I dunno..