RealModScene
xorxfon

Slow FTP transfer speeds

Transferring games to my jtag'd 360 via ftp is slow, about 2.5MiB/s transferring one file at a time. I'm using FileZilla in passive mode, i have tried active and it didn't make a difference. I am on a wired connection on both ends and i have seen it jump to 25MiB/s so i know the speed is there i just don't know what would be holding it back. What are your optimal ftp settings for this? Let me know what info you need beyond that.

1 hour ago, xorxfon said:

Transferring games to my jtag'd 360 via ftp is slow, about 2.5MiB/s transferring one file at a time. I'm using FileZilla in passive mode, i have tried active and it didn't make a difference. I am on a wired connection on both ends and i have seen it jump to 25MiB/s so i know the speed is there i just don't know what would be holding it back. What are your optimal ftp settings for this? Let me know what info you need beyond that.

Wi-Fi transfers cause this to. Depend on your Router.
Ps. I have had many errors in games downloaded by Filezilla. The transfer is 100% successful but there are errors in the sizes of God files for example and some games do not work, for example, DMC.

I don't have any problems with the games, those play perfectly well. I just remember ftping to the original xbox and getting 10-15MB/s speed ten years ago. I am only getting 2MB/s on this and i don't know what is causing it. When i pause queue and start again it jumps to around 20 and then slowly drops to 2.

28 minutes ago, xorxfon said:

I don't have any problems with the games, those play perfectly well. I just remember ftping to the original xbox and getting 10-15MB/s speed ten years ago. I am only getting 2MB/s on this and i don't know what is causing it. When i pause queue and start again it jumps to around 20 and then slowly drops to 2.

What method of ftp are you using?? I remember an ftp plugin for dashlaunch that you could use at anytime, but speeds were slow.. now..

max ftp I've ever gotten was 12MB on 360.. and for some weird reason aurora gives me 9/MB max.. but it's due to assets and such with the HDD being used as well.. 

I'd try using xexmenu with all plugins disabled (nova/fsd) and see if you can find the culprit.. 

18 hours ago, felida said:

I'd try using xexmenu with all plugins disabled (nova/fsd) and see if you can find the culprit.. 

Im using auroras ftp and filezilla on pc. The 10-15MB/s was for a modded original xbox, I was just curious as to why that is faster. Everything i have read says your internet speed has to do with speed but that doesn't check out in my head because you don't need internet to transfer via ftp, all you need is a network connection. I have your xexmenu test and one more of mine to try. I have a spare router with no one previously connected so the bandwidth isn't affected. I will try connecting bot to that and have a dedicated connection and see how that goes.

1 hour ago, xorxfon said:

Im using auroras ftp and filezilla on pc. The 10-15MB/s was for a modded original xbox, I was just curious as to why that is faster. Everything i have read says your internet speed has to do with speed but that doesn't check out in my head because you don't need internet to transfer via ftp, all you need is a network connection. I have your xexmenu test and one more of mine to try. I have a spare router with no one previously connected so the bandwidth isn't affected. I will try connecting bot to that and have a dedicated connection and see how that goes.

The internet has nothing to do with network speeds.. your router could be bad, your Ethernet port can be dying on 360, or your hdd could be dying