RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
hemanhk

Aurora Title Update Handling

I noticed that Aurora copies title update from its own folder to Cache/Content folder each time I launch a game.  I understand spending extra few seconds copying title update each time you play a game isn't a big deal.  Imagine a game with a few hundred MB title update gets copy again & again each time you play.  This just creates additional unnecessary wear & tear to your HDD.  To me, Aurora could simply check whether the tile update is already resided in Cache/Content folder, and only copy if it's not there.  Is there any reason that it's being implemented the way it is?

3 hours ago, hemanhk said:

I noticed that Aurora copies title update from its own folder to Cache/Content folder each time I launch a game.  I understand spending extra few seconds copying title update each time you play a game isn't a big deal.  Imagine a game with a few hundred MB title update gets copy again & again each time you play.  This just creates additional unnecessary wear & tear to your HDD.  To me, Aurora could simply check whether the tile update is already resided in Cache/Content folder, and only copy if it's not there.  Is there any reason that it's being implemented the way it is?

the funny thing is, aurora has always handled it like you say it should.. it definitely checks if the "activated" tu matches the one in the location as needed.. now.. the cache location does get full/emptied.. not via aurora.. but yeah.. not the point.. 

the progress bar jumps to 95% if the tu matches.. and then loads the game..

now, could better implementation of text telling people what it is actually doing?, agreed.. but aurora/fsd have done this exact thing since i can remember..

19 hours ago, hemanhk said:

You're absolutely right!  Thanks for clearing this up.  

no problem. i understand your thoughts about the hdd wear.. but it was already thought of way back before aurora was even made lol..

i cant get Brutal Legend TU to work i download and enable it but it still shows TU:0 midgame, i even tried to manually put the update file in Cache folder but it still isnt detected and gets deleted after exiting the game, like it detects it and deletes it instead of loading it, plus there is an SP_ file with the same cache id.