RealModScene
235tylerlee

Can't delete game paths

I recently changed where my games are located on my hdd so it would be easier to navigate through my hdd. Now I have like 7 game paths and it takes two times the amount of time to scan for games and I see no reason to have a game path set if there isn't even a directory for the game path to scan. I'm just wondering why I can not delete my game paths. It says deleting game data, then it will finish that and I can restart f3 and the game path I just deleted is there again.

I've 6 game paths, scan depth is set correctly for each one so its not scanning too deep (past the default.xex).

I dont get this issue.

I have

hdd1/content/00000000...

hdd1/Games/Homebrew

hdd1/Games/Emulators

hdd1/Games/XB Orginals

hdd1/Games/tools (This is where i keep the likes of dashlaunch,nxe2god, etc..) and shows up in my emulators

Maybe you just need to do a clean install or delete game data to start a fresh scan :)

-> Irishdave: have you ever tried to delete any of your game paths ?Get some real experience about the topic before write anything ...

-> 235tylerlee: I have the same problem ... the solution could be a fresh install OR the editing of the unwanted game path to show an empty, but existing directory.

I just tested and it is working fine here, make sure if the drive is an external the drive is plugged into the same port as it was before and is assigned the same drive extention (USB0: USB1:)

I have same problem here. Is an internal drive. I can create new path but cannot delete old path. So my question now is if I delete the fsd folder and installed with iso disk will it erased all these path and let me start all over again. I don't mind downloading all the cover again.

i Have the same problem, trying to delete a bad path. I make a path of system data to Homebreaw.

And, when i tryied to delete, it was working a lot of time, and didnt erase delete the path. I Changed the path in path to another place, to uncharged the system archives, and then i can erase without any problem ^_^

Are people deleteing the path before removing it from the path manager? If so thats likely the issue and i will check if i can fix it.

I recently changed where my games are located on my hdd so it would be easier to navigate through my hdd. Now I have like 7 game paths and it takes two times the amount of time to scan for games and I see no reason to have a game path set if there isn't even a directory for the game path to scan. I'm just wondering why I can not delete my game paths. It says deleting game data, then it will finish that and I can restart f3 and the game path I just deleted is there again.

I've had this happen today abut after two reboots it deleted the path OK. It does take a while to complete.

This truely is a pain to do,  Is there a fix for removing or editing old paths?  Ive edited them and saved but F3 dosn't recognize it. Even after a manual scan. 

Edit:

It seems that editing doesn't work on my F3Rev775.  If I delete the path it will be removed, I have randomly seen the long delete times for all game save data that 235tylerlee has seen.  I just use the B to back out of it and reboot.  Then enter a  the new path I want.  Just DON'T delete your game from within the menu by pressing Y for options then delete,  I lost apps that way. lol!  The EDIT functionality sure would be nice if that worked correctly.