RealModScene
sxg75

FSD3 - indie games handling

As you all know, these games are the simpliest ones in the whole xbox360 world.

But some of them are real perls.

By now, these games must be copied to the HDD1/Content folder.

But there are not enough space there.

So It would be a far better way to start them a similar way, as the FSD3 starts the title updates.

I mean, let's store the xblig games in the external drive and when you select one and push the start button, _after it_ the let fsd copy the game file to the hdd1/content/... folder and start it.

These files are really small, smaller then TU files.

Indie games ONLY work from authorized locations.

If you want this to be different, contact the maker of the Indie Games TU and tell them :)

And why have FSD copy the game over and delete it after your finished, who is to say your usb0 will always be in, you could crash the engine.

Sorry Dave, but you did not write anything new. 

Your sentences absollllutely unuseful.

You should understand, that I didn't recommend a brand new method, but same as what one the FSD3 uses for title updates. 

Idie games are MUCH MUCH larger then TU's, some are over a gig. This would be nice but as of right now not feasible.

The largest indie game, what I've ever seen: "A Wizard's Odyssey" and it's filesize: 501 megabyte.

The average filesize of 2821 indie games is : 39,7 megabyte.

I know, that it is not a most urgent problem to solve - but I hope it will be developed.

Anyway, thank you for your reply.

And the average size of a TU is 8mb :)

The only issue with FSD3 and Indie Games at the moment is when you delete 1 indie game, it deletes them all, because they all share the same 000002 folder.

This is going to be resolved in the next FSD update ( I'm pretty sure ), other than that, some of the dev's here don't have indie games in they countries they live in. We're lucky they even added it and to dashlaunch to autofake live :):thumbsup:

Yes, you are right: we are really lucky, so 100% respect to the FSD developer team.

It was not a question, anytime.

• Like 1