RealModScene
AntiVirGear

[Need help] Recreating Blades Skin

Hey guys,

I want to try to port or recreate the Blades UI from the Xbox 360 to Aurora, either from scratch or by porting the Skin from this gux =>

And I saw some skins for Aurora which are pretty impressive, so I believe that creating Blades or even NXE wont be impossible...

But there is a catch... I never worked with XUI or else before, I use to modify anything I can or want but this isn't that simple...

I firstly tried to dirty copy-paste-replace what I could... aaannnd bricked Aurora ...

So I guess, I have to start from the very beginning like simple text and buttons to small easy transitions and so on but at first, I have to know how Aurora treats a skin like in C++
Which one is the main file?
Where are the headers or references?
Limitation?
Possibility for a live test/modding/debugging like with coverflows?

So... if there are any suggestions how or where I can start...
Or tools, I have XDK 21256.3 ready with the Aurora Extension and XZP Tools...

Best Regards
Pascal

On 4/7/2020 at 1:04 PM, AntiVirGear said:

Hey guys,

I want to try to port or recreate the Blades UI from the Xbox 360 to Aurora, either from scratch or by porting the Skin from this gux =>

And I saw some skins for Aurora which are pretty impressive, so I believe that creating Blades or even NXE wont be impossible...

But there is a catch... I never worked with XUI or else before, I use to modify anything I can or want but this isn't that simple...

I firstly tried to dirty copy-paste-replace what I could... aaannnd bricked Aurora ...

So I guess, I have to start from the very beginning like simple text and buttons to small easy transitions and so on but at first, I have to know how Aurora treats a skin like in C++
Which one is the main file?
Where are the headers or references?
Limitation?
Possibility for a live test/modding/debugging like with coverflows?

So... if there are any suggestions how or where I can start...
Or tools, I have XDK 21256.3 ready with the Aurora Extension and XZP Tools...

Best Regards
Pascal

long story short.. you cant.. lol.. you can not map the transitions, menus, etc.. there is a LOT hard coded.. which is alright from their perspective.. but the skins are limited in what you can do.. you can not add new code into aurora..