RealModScene
KiwiMeoWii

Xuitool Troubles (Aurora_Main.xui)

Hay guys I've been on this one thing for a few days now. I'm just learning this stuff. But I didnt wont to asks this as i couldn't find my issue online. Go easy on me. I'm having issues. Saving my changes I make with Xuitool. Aurora_Main.xui? I was having trouble with my logo not saving for Aurora_Loading.xui but that's now sorted.

I'm using the Default.xzp from Aurora 7b1. I've made changes to the other plugin.xui files with success. 

But now Im so close to finishing my first Aurora skin. But my changes wont save with Aurora_Main.xui.....if I save.......

XboxUITool/File/Save-my changes AM.xui file to my desktop it fails or keeps asking to save the same file over & over. Then corrupts my Aurora_Main.xui file I used. then the same where ever I try to save my .xui to

Same goes with File/Save As...  it just corrupts once I Save As....

I have Deleted my 360 neighborhoods over & over. tried two versions. 20871.2, 21256.8. Even went into my (C Drive) programs & deleted the Microsoft SDKs & Xbox 360 SDK folders etc. To try delete a cache or something. Lol & reboot my laptop

Even reset the AuroraElements.xml for XuiTool alot of times. The thing is I can make changes to my other .xui & save them successfully same goes with making changes to other custom Aurora_Main.xui skins as I was wondering if it was the Aurora_Main.xui I was using. But those other ones work great

I'm stuck. I was hoping it's not a code thing. As that stuff is beyond my brain capabilities.🤣 any suggestions. Much appreciated for the help as well. Cheers.

20200406_192741.jpg

9 hours ago, Damn8tive Nz said:

Hay guys I've been on this one thing for a few days now. I'm just learning this stuff. But I didnt wont to asks this as i couldn't find my issue online. Go easy on me. I'm having issues. Saving my changes I make with Xuitool. Aurora_Main.xui? I was having trouble with my logo not saving for Aurora_Loading.xui but that's now sorted.

I'm using the Default.xzp from Aurora 7b1. I've made changes to the other plugin.xui files with success. 

But now Im so close to finishing my first Aurora skin. But my changes wont save with Aurora_Main.xui.....if I save.......

XboxUITool/File/Save-my changes AM.xui file to my desktop it fails or keeps asking to save the same file over & over. Then corrupts my Aurora_Main.xui file I used. then the same where ever I try to save my .xui to

Same goes with File/Save As...  it just corrupts once I Save As....

I have Deleted my 360 neighborhoods over & over. tried two versions. 20871.2, 21256.8. Even went into my (C Drive) programs & deleted the Microsoft SDKs & Xbox 360 SDK folders etc. To try delete a cache or something. Lol & reboot my laptop

Even reset the AuroraElements.xml for XuiTool alot of times. The thing is I can make changes to my other .xui & save them successfully same goes with making changes to other custom Aurora_Main.xui skins as I was wondering if it was the Aurora_Main.xui I was using. But those other ones work great

I'm stuck. I was hoping it's not a code thing. As that stuff is beyond my brain capabilities.🤣 any suggestions. Much appreciated for the help as well. Cheers.

it definitely isn't a coding problem.. its a problem with you not watching my videos... or all of them..

you dont want to "save as" with the skin stuff.. you want to "EXPORT AS BINARY".. and it will produce a .XUR, not XUI 

3 hours ago, felida said:

it definitely isn't a coding problem.. its a problem with you not watching my videos... or all of them..

you dont want to "save as" with the skin stuff.. you want to "EXPORT AS BINARY".. and it will produce a .XUR, not XUI 

Sorry i for got to mention. If I export binary. It leaves my extracted Aurora_Main.xui blank.? All my work is lost & I dont get that message that pops up if you want to export & save changes what ever it says. No matter how Manu times I try to export binary, save or save as. So when I export binary. To another folder its blank & original Aurora_Main.xui in the 7b1 default.xzp I originally use becomes blank as well. & that message dont pop up. I've been using save. On my other .xuis & there been saving my changes for some reason & then some times it dont but once I know my changes save i drag & drop back onto xuitool just to make sure my changes have changed. As I have a few vids of my beta skins actually working on my rgh/xdk. I've reset, deleted all my neighborhoods, xmls. & I've watched your videos. So I was stumped. 

I've got the message that pops up now

Now I just  save, then save as... then export binary & cycling through these after a few trys. Then I now finally get the pop up message if I want to export as. So cheers for replying. Sorry I wasn't specific on my first post. I was getting frustrated with xuitool not saving my changes & I'll lose all my work I put into it. Then I had to start again & again & reset & delete & install again.

Appreciate everything you guys have done on helping the community. But everything for tuts & what you need for skins or something are all on different posts & comments of different posts but in its category of that specific thing. So it sort of makes it hard to figure out what you need to build a skin & I'm not computer savvy by no means. but I learn fast if I put my mind to it.

Its taken me a while to figure out & gather the things needed for skins. what you devs were saying when you guys say its apart of the SDK/XDK which they are. But how come you guys just don't  say you need Neighborhood/Recoveries? Which is the SDK/XDK you guys are talking about. I was running around trying to find this SDK/XDK you guys talk of but dont say much of. I even hit up some of the guys that collect xbox 360s, xdk, devs, stress, debug kits & in our lil modding group. what you guys were talking about so I could give some Aurora skins ago. the guys that are still playing around with fixs to old demo games on there xdk 360s. Were clueless as well. What you guys were meaning. One of the guys made a skin years ago for 0.6 Aurora. Then a guy told me to go & find XdkSetupXenon11164.3 as xuitool is apart of it. Because I was trying to look for xuitool on it's own. once I found it. I realized it's just an old version of neighborhood which I already have. How come you guys dont just state you need 360 Neighborhood/Recoveries & everything you speak of are in neighborhood/recoverie files once neighborhood automatically extracts its self. Besides a few files that you devs have made. Why you guys dont speak of it. As it's already out there. It just helps noobs like me beating around the Bush. Trying to find this is apart of sdk/xdk bs. Wouldn't you guys want people to keep building new skins etc or keeping Aurora going. 

9 hours ago, Damn8tive Nz said:

Appreciate everything you guys have done on helping the community. But everything for tuts & what you need for skins or something are all on different posts & comments of different posts but in its category of that specific thing. So it sort of makes it hard to figure out what you need to build a skin & I'm not computer savvy by no means. but I learn fast if I put my mind to it.

Its taken me a while to figure out & gather the things needed for skins. what you devs were saying when you guys say its apart of the SDK/XDK which they are. But how come you guys just don't  say you need Neighborhood/Recoveries? Which is the SDK/XDK you guys are talking about. I was running around trying to find this SDK/XDK you guys talk of but dont say much of. I even hit up some of the guys that collect xbox 360s, xdk, devs, stress, debug kits & in our lil modding group. what you guys were talking about so I could give some Aurora skins ago. the guys that are still playing around with fixs to old demo games on there xdk 360s. Were clueless as well. What you guys were meaning. One of the guys made a skin years ago for 0.6 Aurora. Then a guy told me to go & find XdkSetupXenon11164.3 as xuitool is apart of it. Because I was trying to look for xuitool on it's own. once I found it. I realized it's just an old version of neighborhood which I already have. How come you guys dont just state you need 360 Neighborhood/Recoveries & everything you speak of are in neighborhood/recoverie files once neighborhood automatically extracts its self. Besides a few files that you devs have made. Why you guys dont speak of it. As it's already out there. It just helps noobs like me beating around the Bush. Trying to find this is apart of sdk/xdk bs. Wouldn't you guys want people to keep building new skins etc or keeping Aurora going. 

sdk = software development kit

xdk = xbox development kit

you can simply google the info for these terms and such.. 

as for the skins.. they are in .xur format.. you can not compress xui.. if you have the .xui extension, then you dont have the right versions mate, or you converted and saved over..

Yeah I know what SDK & XDK means. 

But for Googling SDK or XDK dont pin point the exact tools I'm in need of for making skins for Aurora Etc. I'm always reverted to Realmodscenes from Google as alot of things talk about xuitool but no mentions of Neighborhood.

unless I'm specific on my wording in Google search. For instance if I type in Neighborhood/recoveries I'll get the SDK tools I need. 

But cheers for answering & sorry for being a burden.

6 hours ago, Damn8tive Nz said:

Yeah I know what SDK & XDK means. 

But for Googling SDK or XDK dont pin point the exact tools I'm in need of for making skins for Aurora Etc. I'm always reverted to Realmodscenes from Google as alot of things talk about xuitool but no mentions of Neighborhood.

unless I'm specific on my wording in Google search. For instance if I type in Neighborhood/recoveries I'll get the SDK tools I need. 

But cheers for answering & sorry for being a burden.

the neighborhood is a part of the sdk mate.. your problem is most of the scene sites went offline.. 

we cant help with the sdk because we do not support piracy here.. 

now for your skin help.. i am free to answer what i can.. i learned from self teaching and trial and error.. 

• Thanks 1

Hay felida any way I can get my avatar from glitching in out of my halo skin I'm making. As its because of my animation I added in. I tried to put the Avatar at the for front of all my stuff going on in the background but couldn't figure it out. Cheers

Yeah it looks like this Avatar is getting a shock or just playing peekaboo glitching.lol. but because my anim is running across the bottom of the screen the Avatar glitches in & out of it.haha

18 hours ago, Damn8tive Nz said:

Yeah it looks like this Avatar is getting a shock or just playing peekaboo glitching.lol. but because my anim is running across the bottom of the screen the Avatar glitches in & out of it.haha

post a copy of the skin.. odds are your avatar isnt mapped out fully to the frames.. lol

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, felida said:

post a copy of the skin.. odds are your avatar isnt mapped out fully to the frames.. lol

Cheers for the info my dumb arse should of looked as I didnt know until I read your comment. I didn't realize the Avatar had frames in it for when it pops up & disappears.lol  i never clicked into it with xuitool as I assumed the avatar had no frame changes in it & it was automatically there. As my bottom animation frame goes longer than my other frames. So I had to make the Avatar the same as it. I was going to start deleting some of my background animations lucky I read your comment before hand.🤣

Hay felida. I've been going through all the xui files trying to figure out how to loose the white & grey background panels in overview, settings, filemanager so it looks transparent or do I have to make new panel transparent inserts & add them in to a folder called xuimenu. As i have been going through other people's custom skin.xzp to see what they have done etc. I've noticed that they have done there own stuff and added there stuff to the Visuals/Xuimenu & deleted alot of other stuff from the .xui files

But I just want the back panels transparent as I like the Aurora setup as it's simple To use

20200411_144048.jpg

Never mind bro. I figured it out. I wasn't to sure which one to delete as it's all transparent in xuitool. It was the overlay panel I wanted to loose.