RealModScene
01DawG10

Spoof MU or USB as HDD0?

Good day folks,

Hope you all are doing well.

I cant seem to find related information, and I have a feeling it is possible.

I would like to know how one would go about spoofing a Memory Card/Unit (abbreviated as MU0 / MU1) as a Physical HDD.

The reason behind this is that I would like my Aurora to be stored on a Memory Unit as I have no Internal HDD and for the life of me I cant get the shortcuts to run Aurora from the MU. I have tried using Shortcut 360 and Quickboot, even modifying some parameters manually, to no avail.

Would this be possible?

Many thanks :)

18 minutes ago, 01DawG10 said:

Good day folks,

I would like to know how one would go about spoofing a Memory Card/Unit (abbreviated as MU0 / MU1) as a Physical HDD.

The reason behind this is that I would like my Aurora to be stored on a Memory Unit as I have no Internal HDD and for the life of me I cant get the shortcuts to run Aurora from the MU. I have tried using Shortcut 360 and Quickboot, even modifying some parameters manually, to no avail.

Would this be possible?

20 minutes ago, 01DawG10 said:

Good day folks,

Would this be possible?

Yes. Format a USB flash drive and then just put the files on it and configure the Boot on the Dashlaunch.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I see I’m able to launch Aurora using Dashlaunch, but I would prefer to create a GOD/Demo shortcut for Aurora instead.

And most importantly pointing towards the install on the Memory Unit (Not USB, the phat MU’s).

Think that is doable?

On 4/3/2020 at 3:44 PM, 01DawG10 said:

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I see I’m able to launch Aurora using Dashlaunch, but I would prefer to create a GOD/Demo shortcut for Aurora instead.

And most importantly pointing towards the install on the Memory Unit (Not USB, the phat MU’s).

Think that is doable?

the MU isnt designed for mass storage.. the MU's were DRASTICALLY small.. you can EASILY get an 8GB flash drive to achieve your goal mate.. now.. for the lack of an internal hdd..

as of dash 17349, they removed the USB limits.. so you can use ANY fat32 external as a storage device for DLC/TU/Games JUST LIKE an internal.. only thing is there is maybe 3-5 games that wont support the lack of internal hdd.. such as mgs5..

Thanks man.

Yeah it seems I’m fighting a losing battle over here. 

Im aware of the USB limits and the possibility of using USB Memory Stick to achieve this. My intention was to solder the MU (of which I have a few 256mb versions, seeming to have sufficient space for Aurora, Covers, Profiles and some save games) internally for the sole purpose of running Aurora and keeping both it and Dashlaunch “permanently” available, avoiding the possibility of removing either Aurora, Dashlaunch or Xexmenu accidentally, and thus rendering an external HDD useless as games are not launched via Dashboard.

This is a scenario I have to consider especially when I’m giving a console to a friend with no knowledge of the scene or any other similar situations.

If Phat HDD housings were more readily available or the process of soldering and positioning internal SATA and power were much less of an effort, I wouldn’t have this conundrum.

But thank you for the reply

3 hours ago, 01DawG10 said:

Thanks man.

Yeah it seems I’m fighting a losing battle over here. 

Im aware of the USB limits and the possibility of using USB Memory Stick to achieve this. My intention was to solder the MU (of which I have a few 256mb versions, seeming to have sufficient space for Aurora, Covers, Profiles and some save games) internally for the sole purpose of running Aurora and keeping both it and Dashlaunch “permanently” available, avoiding the possibility of removing either Aurora, Dashlaunch or Xexmenu accidentally, and thus rendering an external HDD useless as games are not launched via Dashboard.

This is a scenario I have to consider especially when I’m giving a console to a friend with no knowledge of the scene or any other similar situations.

If Phat HDD housings were more readily available or the process of soldering and positioning internal SATA and power were much less of an effort, I wouldn’t have this conundrum.

But thank you for the reply

AND this is where you get some knowledge.. after dash 17349.. there is no fatx usb anymore.. you simply use a fat32 usb drive, with a content folder(just like internal).. you can place xexmenu "live" version.. and it will play from stock dash.. dashlaunch.ini can be placed inside the nand mate.. so it can never be lost

6 hours ago, felida said:

AND this is where you get some knowledge.. after dash 17349.. there is no fatx usb anymore.. you simply use a fat32 usb drive, with a content folder(just like internal).. you can place xexmenu "live" version.. and it will play from stock dash.. dashlaunch.ini can be placed inside the nand mate.. so it can never be lost

Yes. I always save the Dashlaunch settings on the nand.

Like I said. Just wanted to eliminate a physical usb so Aurora, Xexmenu (yes I use live) and the Dashlaunch xex is “permanently” on the console.

If someone unplugs the USB or Ext HDD Aurora and others will still be available.

39 minutes ago, 01DawG10 said:

Yes. I always save the Dashlaunch settings on the nand.

Like I said. Just wanted to eliminate a physical usb so Aurora, Xexmenu (yes I use live) and the Dashlaunch xex is “permanently” on the console.

If someone unplugs the USB or Ext HDD Aurora and others will still be available.

if it wasnt for the pandemic, i'd say get you a shell for $20..

29 minutes ago, felida said:

if it wasnt for the pandemic, i'd say get you a shell for $20..

Even without the pandemic, delivery to South Africa is usually around 3 months :(