RealModScene
Mattie

Aurora 0.5b by Phoenix

Kinda curious aboth the easter egg xD

Then go find it! ;)

** edit: **

Guide: How to build Quick View Filters in Aurora 0.5b and later will aid in understanding how to build quickviews

Guide: Advanced use of Quick Search in Aurora 0.5b and later will aid in understanding how to use some of the more advanced features in the new Quick Search feature

Edited by Swizzy
  • Like 4

Great job! I love the new Quick View, really makes it easy to sort out games. I sent a small donation for my appreciation, keep up the good work Team Phoenix

Great job! I love the new Quick View, really makes it easy to sort out games. I sent a small donation for my appreciation, keep up the good work Team Phoenix

Thank you quattrogamer and others who have donated in the past and will donate in the future-  We've spent a lot of time on this project and while we love the community and we love what we're doing- donations are always welcomed and nice to receive.  They really help reinforce what we're doing.

Thanks!

Gta5 has nothing to do with aurora, or fsd for that matter.

I can confirm. GTA 5 works perfectly with Aurora 0.5b.

LE: One problem i've spotted. When i go to Filters & Sort and pick for example Xbox 360, Aurora is showing only Xbox 360 games as it should but this happens only for current session. If i start a game and later on, exit to dashboard, Filters & Sort are reverted to show all games360/gamesxbox1/emulators..etc. Same thing happens when i restart the console.

From what i remember, on 0.4b, when i was setting Xbox 360 only in Filters & Sort, this setting was active even if i restarted the console.

A bug maybe? Or something i'm missing?

easter egg?

The definition of an easter egg in software is that there's a hidden feature, in games for instance it's often something funky such as a mini game within the game or something that's just there for you to enjoy...

Most modern games have some kind of easter egg somewhere these days, often they're quite well hidden tho, this one shouldn't be terribly difficult to find as there isn't terribly many places to have it...

One problem i've spotted. When i go to Filters & Sort and pick for example Xbox 360, Aurora is showing only Xbox 360 games as it should but this happens only for current session. If i start a game and later on, exit to dashboard, Filters & Sort are reverted to show all games360/gamesxbox1/emulators..etc. Same thing happens when i restart the console.

From what i remember, on 0.4b, when i was setting Xbox 360 only in Filters & Sort, this setting was active even if i restarted the console.

A bug maybe? Or something i'm missing?

(Updated) Game Content Manager to use new Session variables instead of user locked filter settings

• Like 2

(Updated) Game Content Manager to use new Session variables instead of user locked filter settings

Yeah, i thought i've missed something. One question tho. Can i revert this in some way? I liked the old User Locked Filter Settings.

Thanks!

RMS.Front.Page.Aurora.By.Phoenix.png

Phoenix has released version 0.5b of Aurora, check it out on the new website: http://phoenix.xboxunity.net.

If you like what we're doing here, feel free to buy us a virtual beer or something!

btn_donate_LG.gif

thanks for the update its really THE REVOLUTION OF XBOX 360

but if anyone could help me with my question

in aurora some games like Call Of Duty 4 & MW2 not working...WHY

please help :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Yeah, i thought i've missed something. One question tho. Can i revert this in some way? I liked the old User Locked Filter Settings.

Thanks!

Two options-  create a Quick View with your desired filter and sorts and set it as default or revert back to 0.4b.   Quick View adds a level of complexity to the customization that we found the added confusion of user specific filters mixed in with Quick View was not intuitive-   

Aurora is all about ease of use ^^

Two options-  create a Quick View with your desired filter and sorts and set it as default or revert back to 0.4b.   Quick View adds a level of complexity to the customization that we found the added confusion of user specific filters mixed in with Quick View was not intuitive-   

Aurora is all about ease of use ^^

Yeah, i was thinking the same ^^

No way to go back ty :p

• Like 1

Thx very much for all your work on LiNK (NOVA) and Aurora, but for me take now on Aurora 0.5b a lot more time to load Aurora on my Slim (Dec 2012) and games covers are loading for me now over 1 minute, on 0.4b it does immediately after launch Aurora (1-2s max)

My game list loads just as fast as it did previously. It is possible that something in your db got corrupted when updating. The easiest way to find out would be to reinstall a fresh copy of aurora, and re add all of your games, or erase the db, and let it recreate it.

I also experience slowness in some cases and menus. But my path scan is as fast as before. I did update and not reinstall.

The slowness is caused by the quickview filters and regexp functions i guess.

There are sometimes freezes as told in the guides but these occur not only there where mentioned.

I also experience slowness in some cases and menus. But my path scan is as fast as before. I did update and not reinstall.

The slowness is caused by the quickview filters and regexp functions i guess.

There are sometimes freezes as told in the guides but these occur not only there where mentioned.

From what I could tell from the changelog, the only freezing/slow issues are when using connectX, which was an issue with FSD also, considering how connectX works, that isnt much of a surprise. ;) Any time you stream large files across a network there will be a considerable lag. which is why I dont use connectX. Now, as for your regular library, it sounds like a DB thing to me, as other people have had similar issues previously with updates not updating the db propperly.

Yay!!! It is released now I will test it with my connectx collections and see how it goes, freeze is ok as long as it doesn't permanently crash like fsd does to me :p