RealModScene
skullmonkey

DLC songs for Rock Band wont play

Hey,

I upgraded my 250 to 1TB hdd and now all of my DLC songs in my RGH console wont play. The rest of the songs, the ones that comes with the actual game, in Rock Band, RB2,... are fine but the one I downloaded wont start just loop at the LOADING screen.

Can someone give me advice or fix for this?

txs

5 hours ago, gavin_darkglider said:

make sure the latest TU is installed, and contpatch is enabled in dashlaunch.

I stomp on another answer like this but I have no idea what TU is.

I just checked. Contpatch is enabled and I already dl and indtalled/enabled Version 3 (4.2 MB) for Rock Band. Its simething else...

txs

4 hours ago, skullmonkey said:

I just checked. Contpatch is enabled and I already dl and indtalled/enabled Version 3 (4.2 MB) for Rock Band. Its simething else...

txs

1st:

Since you posted another thread talking about cloning to upgrade, maybe your dlc songs got corrupted..

2nd: are you using corona?? 

Hey, thanks for the fast answer :D

I re-uploaded the data 2-3 times. Still same. Guitar hero DLC work flawlessly.

2012-07-18 mfr date so its Corona.

Also disabled contpatch. Still same.

There is a weird thing. This concerns only RB and RB2. RB3 works fine. Also for RB and RB2 when I cover the songs, they dont start playing, as a preview as others do.

Contpatch should be enabled. Might not match the media ID of the game, some DLC are like that. You might also have to run them through XM360, as some DLC are unaffected by contpatch. Some also need to be hexedited, such as nuketown zombies for BO2. Took me a while to figure that one out. Swizzy made a nice tool for this. The other question is how are you putting these on your console? If you are using FTP, make sure your client is in Binary transfer mode, as most default to ASCII, and this can cause corruption issues with binary files.

• Like 1

On 8/6/2017 at 6:20 AM, gavin_darkglider said:

If you are using FTP, make sure your client is in Binary transfer mode, as most default to ASCII, and this can cause corruption issues with binary files.

I use ContentManager or GODspeed for transfer (ISO2GOD if its an ISO package). Are they ok for transfers?

I havnt used either of those apps. ContentManager, if I remember correctly uses SMB server for file transfer and doesnt work with aurora, as they havnt finished the SMB plugin yet. I dont know about GODSpeed either. FlashFXP works the best for FTP transfer, but Filezilla will also work. Just have to make sure it is set to binary transfer mode, not default or ascii.

2 hours ago, gavin_darkglider said:

I havnt used either of those apps. ContentManager, if I remember correctly uses SMB server for file transfer and doesnt work with aurora, as they havnt finished the SMB plugin yet. I dont know about GODSpeed either. FlashFXP works the best for FTP transfer, but Filezilla will also work. Just have to make sure it is set to binary transfer mode, not default or ascii.

you remember WRONG bro lol.. it uses SMB to VIEW the hdd within content manager, FTP works just fine, if you change the user/pass within either aurora, or the advanced options in content manager.. i use it ALL the time.. 

here is from xamphear himself on another site:

I finally pulled my 360 out of the closet, updated it, and installed Aurora. What I found is that the Aurora devs chose to make the default username and password different from every single other app on the 360. Simply changing the username and password inside Aurora make 360CM connect and work no problem. I'm not going to build and release a new version at current, just to handle this one issue, because the simple fix is to change the passwords.

I've added steps in the OP with information on how to change the username and password to make 360CM work with Aurora and all other 360 apps that have FTP servers.

Thanks again to everyone still using this app! I'm very happy to see something I released almost 5 years ago still being used. Cheesegrin.gif
Last edited by xamphear; 13th February 2016 at 08:06 PM.

edit:

also, it does not ask for overwrite permission, it just overwrites..

edit 2:

if SMB ever gets fixed in aurora, the view hdd feature will work also..

edit 3: 

Steps to change user/pass in Content manger:

click the gears or press ALT+S

hit the enable advanced features under general tab, click yes on the popup

then go to FTP tab and change away

click save

15 minutes ago, felida said:

edit 3: 

Steps to change user/pass in Content manger:

click the gears or press ALT+S

hit the enable advanced features under general tab, click yes on the popup

then go to FTP tab and change away

click save

This is the way I always do. I rarely transfer over WinSCP for example. I use 360 CM v3.2 for transfer and identifying of games and DLC.

4 hours ago, skullmonkey said:

This is the way I always do. I rarely transfer over WinSCP for example. I use 360 CM v3.2 for transfer and identifying of games and DLC.

i was posting for others lol.. xamphear's way was to change aurora user/pass to xbox lol..

I narrow the problem. I have no idea why but Rock Band 3 will not play any of the songs at all. I deleted all rock bend games, all dlc for them. Deleted updates and cache. The game launch, but none of the songs plays when hovering and when I choose some, it loops at loading screen.

Where next...?

5 hours ago, skullmonkey said:

I narrow the problem. I have no idea why but Rock Band 3 will not play any of the songs at all. I deleted all rock bend games, all dlc for them. Deleted updates and cache. The game launch, but none of the songs plays when hovering and when I choose some, it loops at loading screen.

Where next...?

you need the modded default.xex

rockband games will not play on Corona for some reason.. 

same with ddr games.. 

just Google RB3_Coronafix_tu4

On 8/9/2017 at 8:19 PM, scorpNZ said:

A coding tool & unless you've done coding it'll look like gobbledeegook

Can you point me to a direction please. I'm familiar with coding. txs

37 minutes ago, skullmonkey said:

I found it but have absolutely no clue what to do with it :/

you replaced the modded default.xex with the one that is in the game, no need to apply TU thru aurora as it is already applied... 

you should use the extracted version of the game tho

• Like 1

Ok, some progress forward :D

I managed to play the basic RB3 songs but the DLC is not there. I can see in Aurora, in game I saw that it loaded the 4 songs I uploaded but I cant see them in the list.

Also when scanning for games it detect the game but non of the other content (images, summery) is there. Also when I scan the marketplace for patch, it says none and there supposed to be 5. So after extracting, do I need to repack the file back in order to work fine? Because now I just extracted the game and copy it to Hdd1/Content

Thanks!

EDIT: I uploaded another DLC and they are ok. So I have one that can be read and played and another that can only be read, detected but not in the game list. Any chance I can detect what can and what cannot be played? They all look unlocked.

14 hours ago, skullmonkey said:

Ok, some progress forward :D

I managed to play the basic RB3 songs but the DLC is not there. I can see in Aurora, in game I saw that it loaded the 4 songs I uploaded but I cant see them in the list.

Also when scanning for games it detect the game but non of the other content (images, summery) is there. Also when I scan the marketplace for patch, it says none and there supposed to be 5. So after extracting, do I need to repack the file back in order to work fine? Because now I just extracted the game and copy it to Hdd1/Content

Thanks!

EDIT: I uploaded another DLC and they are ok. So I have one that can be read and played and another that can only be read, detected but not in the game list. Any chance I can detect what can and what cannot be played? They all look unlocked.

you have to make sure they are meant for the ACTUAL game, DLC for RB 1 or 2 or 3 will not work for the other games.. 

So the final development is that RB3 works and plays lots of RB1 and RB2 songs that is plenty for me ;D

Thanks for everything! I learned a lot the past week bugging you all :D

1 hour ago, skullmonkey said:

So the final development is that RB3 works and plays lots of RB1 and RB2 songs that is plenty for me ;D

Thanks for everything! I learned a lot the past week bugging you all :D

There is a site, that has custom rb3 songs.. which is alot more than the official dlcs.. just google it..

And remember, there is a limit of 3000-ish songs.. rock out mate.. lol.. also.. i have a trainer for the rockbands floating around i made.. if you want.. haha