RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Jamdoog

Pulled R4P4, Struggling to undrstand FT3T10 Fix.

Hello,

I attempted to RGH my Corona V1 using the Ace V3 about a week ago.

After numerous stumps in my plan, I ended up pulling the CPU_RST pad, R4P4 in this case, seen below.

I've been reading on Team-X's forums, and on here, and have found out the that I can repair this RLOD by performing a fix with the alternate point, FT3T10

I've been struggling to understand how i preform this fix. I noticed Swizzy made a post trying to help someone else out with this issue, after reading it multiple times, I am still unable to understand it.

From what I understand, i soldering some wire from this new CPU_RST point, to somewhere else on the motherboard?

So, could someone please explain where the ending of this wire would go, and how I  would continue my RGH hack.

Thanks ,

James

IMG_0927.JPG

IMG_0928.JPG

You would put a wire between FT3T10 and the pad underneath the x-clamp, i do recommend that you leave it to someone that has a bit more experience with soldering tho, and to clean up the pads around R4P4/R4P5, it looks like the resistor might be shorted in that one... same with the cap near it, and the pads that are actually for R4P4 are almost connected, they're not supposed to be...

On 05/07/2017 at 8:08 PM, Swizzy said:

You would put a wire between FT3T10 and the pad underneath the x-clamp, i do recommend that you leave it to someone that has a bit more experience with soldering tho, and to clean up the pads around R4P4/R4P5, it looks like the resistor might be shorted in that one... same with the cap near it, and the pads that are actually for R4P4 are almost connected, they're not supposed to be...

Sorry I forgot to update this thread.

Following help from Se7ensins, I fixed it by doing a trace repair. It's successfully RGH'd now using FT3T10 as  CPU_RST and working a-ok!