RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Bare7a

Reducing the size of the GOD formatted games

Hello guys, can you tell me the easiest/fastest way of reducing the size of the games who are GOD formatted (I've messed up for some of the games by selecting the mode to be NONE which made them use 8.15GB space). I've tried converting the GOD games using GOD2ISO then ISO2GOD but it didn't worked for most of the games (I wasn't able to load the newly created ISO with ISO2GOD). Any help will be appreciated, thanks in advanced! :) P.S. What do you recommend me to use more XEX format or GOD?

12 hours ago, Bare7a said:

Hello guys, can you tell me the easiest/fastest way of reducing the size of the games who are GOD formatted (I've messed up for some of the games by selecting the mode to be NONE which made them use 8.15GB space). I've tried converting the GOD games using GOD2ISO then ISO2GOD but it didn't worked for most of the games (I wasn't able to load the newly created ISO with ISO2GOD). Any help will be appreciated, thanks in advanced! :) P.S. What do you recommend me to use more XEX format or GOD?

It all depends.. SOME games require the extra padding, as the conversion doesnt sit well with the padding removed..

Some games cant be ran as extracted, but like 99% do.

Extracted versions will be the smallest, but are more prone to single file errors when transferring, vs GoD which has 160ish MB chunks.. 

Honestly.. you might not free up some space, maybe like 2 games worth if using a full TB and converting.. but yeah.. 

• Like 1

Correct me if I am wrong, but I've saw someone commenting extreme cases like 8GB iso converted to 1-2GB GoD (I've read that most of the time when removing the padding around 1 to 3 gb are freed). So is it possible to convert GoD formatted game to ISO, then from ISO to GoD with removed padding? I've tried converting the games from GoD to ISO using god2iso, but no luck with most of the games.

8 hours ago, Bare7a said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but I've saw someone commenting extreme cases like 8GB iso converted to 1-2GB GoD (I've read that most of the time when removing the padding around 1 to 3 gb are freed). So is it possible to convert GoD formatted game to ISO, then from ISO to GoD with removed padding? I've tried converting the games from GoD to ISO using god2iso, but no luck with most of the games.

You are mistaken.. games like minecraft, will be drastically smaller.. halo will not lol.. and ect.. but.. you should try using 360mpgui, has all the programs rolled into one.. but.. your converted iso will never be the same as a regular rip.. cant re-make the iso like for use with modded drives..

Now.. you might be having issues with how it was converted, and god2iso not working.. but you should try 360mpgui, and just stick with extracting the games to save space, and time instead of trying to convert and convert and convert again

• Like 1