RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
ScouserInExile

External HDD question(s)

I imagine this is a stupid question, but I've spent a little while searching for the answer and I can't find it.

How do I get an external HDD working through USB with my rgh Xbox?

I have a FAT32 formatted, 500gb drive full of XBLA titles. I formatted it in Windows 7, converted it to FAT32 and then dumped everything in there.

Should it just be plug and play, or do I need to format it using the 360 before I put the content on there? 

It's not showing up in the bit in aurora where you tell it to look for content, so I'm guessing I've done something wrong?

however you want to. no need to format with 360. fat32 works ntfs doesnt.    but i use something like this on my ext hd

content/0000000000000000/                     put dlc, apps and title updates here, i prefer this to be on internal but i ran out of room

xboxemulators/                                                   put emulator folders here

xboxgamesXbox/                                                 put all extracted iso here

xboxgames360/                                             put all extracted iso/god here

xbla/                                                         alot easier to unlock if put in content folder, dnt put smashbros/4543245/file put 45454/file

n64 emulator/                                           put the emulator files here for ease since it uses xell not dashboard

dreamcast emulator/                                 put nulldc here for ease since it uses xell not dashboard

xboxApps/                                                  maybe homebrew or whatever, i put xmplayer here since it uses xell not dashboard

music/                                                          mp3s for background play

movies/                                                            for bored

xbox360software/                                      put random stuff youll need/save like dvdkey or software or whatver

notes/tips

obviously you need to tell aurora where to look, set you scan paths, then set depth to 4 or 5 depending on how many folders inside each folders. 6 usually works to be safe, dont use unlimited.

once you add paths into settings then click scan and depending on hd, size and content it should be done within 10 mins.

everything sounds good from what u say so idk, make sure your folder is nice and neat, no zip/rar files or anything.

also once you figure out how to get your games into auroras cover flow (its easy) you can make sure you have xm360 (app) and then open it and find all your xbla/dlc and unlock it. (easy too). now everything should work.

you can make sure your dlc/xbla/games work by simply using file manager/browser in aurora and click the xex/xbe/elf file

__________________update

i cant figure out how to use xm360 to unlock anything except whats in my internal content folder, blah.

i tried this

http://www.xpgamesaves.com/threads/tut-how-to-get-xm360-working-with-external-usb-hard-drives.112912/ 

use 360 content manager and plug ur hd into pc, unlock them, or if u have other xbla folder in hdd (i do) u can do them with ftp