RealModScene
rubensyama

Netflix for RGH = [.23/06/2017.] __Update 15/10/17

- Hello friends -
- I'm updating the post with new information
- This App is the official Netflix app taken directly from the live app store, because it is now compatible with RGH,
 but you need to have an original app account
- You also need to update your xbox media so that the video player runs smoothly
- If your xbox 360 RGH restart or give Fatal Crash while running the app is because your xbox does not have the media update, 
then to fix the problem you should put media update in your xbox
- No internal HD required
- You do not need live gold
=============
Installing the Netflix APP:
Move the folder (394707D1) to create the hd path / USB / content / 0000000000000000 /.
Have fun
 DOWNLOAD APP NETFLIX  
=============
Installing Media Update for Xbox 360:
Move the folder (FFFE07DF) to create the hd / USB / content / 0000000000000000 / path.
Have fun
 DOWNLOAD MIDIA OPTIONAL UPDATE
=============
Update files ( 15/10/2017 )
TU = 16
DONLOAD TU 16 
- Do it at your own risk.

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Edit: Ok i looked into this, it's not patched or anything. Netflix from the Xbox Store just does not need any Xbox Live to work.

All the other Apps still need Live. But still a nice to know that Netflix works.

• Like 1

i got it to load up but it prompts me at the begging, "your device may not be connected to the internet blah blah"

code nw-1-19

xbox is connected and able to download covers from unity.  not sure why it doesnt work for me. turned fakelive off and it tells me i need xbox live gold to use netflix. also keeps prompting me to update before sign in to live. i think ill turn fakelive on again and wait til for help/info.

update; see newer posts for fix. install title update.

heres a box art / cover / title for the netflix app that I just made. (a fellow user uploaded to unity for us, so it will be available to download from aurora soon)

i dont mind if anyone uses it, customizes it or even uses parts of it to make a new one. i threw it together with images from google and took about an hour or so to get it how i thought looked nice. the easiest way to manually install new artwork is using aurora asset editor. sometimes it takes a few tries to ftp your database but when it loads, find app, right click get front art, drag pic to program, go back to ftp tab and right click for save all artwork. go back to 360 and restart aurora. artwork should display. u can also add backgrounds etc if you like while using editor.

Cover.php.jpg

• Like 1

Make sure xhttp is enabled, and make sure livestrong is not enabled. those would be the first things I looked at..... assuming this actually works, as I have not tested it.

8 hours ago, gavin_darkglider said:

Make sure xhttp is enabled, and make sure livestrong is not enabled. those would be the first things I looked at..... assuming this actually works, as I have not tested it.

Actually.. i just tested this.. works just fine.. 

Wonder if it'll be patched some time.. lol

• Like 2

apparently it works already for some long time. I wish youtube was working. Fake live does not help caused by network error caused by the live blocks. I think all the other apps are patchable but i dont know if its possible. The trainer builders or HEX Editors may know what to do and maybe a Dev Kit would help.

i can provide you all the other apps if needed. All files are GOD Container, so i guess a conversion is needed.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, fulltimehustler said:
13 hours ago, fulltimehustler said:

i got it to load up but it prompts me at the begging, "your device may not be connected to the internet blah blah"

code nw-1-19

xbox is connected and able to download covers from unity.  not sure why it doesnt work for me. turned fakelive off and it tells me i need xbox live gold to use netflix. also keeps prompting me to update before sign in to live. i think ill turn fakelive on again and wait til for help/info.

heres a box art / cover / title for the netflix app that I just made.

Cover.php.jpg

Sorry for the question, but where do I put the cover on?

i submitted the cover in Xbox unity, when its available you can download from Aurora.

If you want to have it directly you can use the Freestyle Web UI to set the Cover.

Edit: I found out, that the Title Update removes the Live-Check somehow, but it looks like it's more a Bug, because there is a function to check if the profile is a live-account.

Someone who knows what to do, could find the patch and make Youtube, IE and all the other Apps working without live too.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DeadStrokeBR said:

Sorry for the question, but where do I put the cover on?

answered in post above. u can either download the file and use aurora asset editor to import it or asset import but use asset editor. or u can download from unity website using your fsd/aurora.

5 hours ago, saywaking said:

Edit: I found out, that the Title Update removes the Live-Check somehow, but it looks like it's more a Bug, because there is a function to check if the profile is a live-account.

Someone who knows what to do, could find the patch and make Youtube, IE and all the other Apps working without live too.

going to try instaliing tu, maybe that will fix it for me. would be awesome to see the other apps, personally rarely use them but the option wld be interesting and enjoyable.

update:

found the title update enclosed with the download. cheers! also my main folder (3000blah) was inside a main folder (3000blah) so i took it out of the folder so the heirachy is one less folder too. and i put it on the flash drive instead of hard drive (still on hard drive though) but mostly I copied the titleupdate to my cache folder inside hdd and then started netflix (without installing update on accident) but it worked. going to install the update corretly to avoid problems.

were off to get a netflix acct, prolly be the only day i use it but oh well, im watching it now finally.

idea? wonder how difficult it would be for developer to clone netflix or use their files as a blueprint to get other streaming services (homebrew app) to work, i was thinking of popcorn time which is basically like netflix but it uses torrents, so yeah that sounds difficult as f...

personally, if i ever use my 360 for media its usually just a quick movie (dont want to use it too much for non gaming when i have so many other ways to use my media) i do enjoy the built in streaming using the stock video player though. streams from my hds connected to my pcs. my collection is more than netflix, but netflix is all new content too. i prefer the older stuff but the kids will love netflix, too bad ill make them watch on chromecast or pc or phone or netbook or tablet or laptop or psp (not sure if my modpsp can dont think so, got a new 1 month ago been years since i had one, side note get urself a 3ds also, both of those and a phone/netbook and your covered) but yeah im a collector and this looks beautiful inside auroras cover flow.

• Thanks 1

Perfect.
I tested it and it is fully functional, but on first use a connection failure problem similar to xbox-live errors occurs.
Already on the second attempt, the connection occurred perfectly!!

:jig:

Another cover.

cover netflix.jpg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, saywaking said:

Eu enviei a capa na unidade do Xbox, quando estiver disponível, você pode fazer o download da Aurora.

Se você quer tê-lo diretamente, você pode usar o Freestyle Web UI para configurar a Capa.

Editar: descobri que a atualização de título remove o Live-Check de alguma forma, mas parece que é mais um erro, porque há uma função para verificar se o perfil é uma conta ao vivo.

Alguém que sabe o que fazer, pode encontrar o patch e fazer o Youtube, o IE e todos os outros aplicativos funcionar sem viver também.

Swizzy and the team can figure out where the error is and can put it like it's a patch to put into other apps

1 hour ago, Fabricio Messias De Godoi said:

Swizzy and the team can figure out where the error is and can put it like it's a patch to put into other apps

I bet they could, I doubt they will. Each one of those apps are different. You would be better off attempting to make trainers, that will skip the live checks, and releasing them for each app, and each update to each app. You can apply the trainer from aurora. Might make sense to add an autoload for trainers to the trainer menu, if you were going to do something like that though. The beauty of that is that anyone can make a trainer, and there are some videos, and other information on it out there.

8 hours ago, Fabricio Messias De Godoi said:

I honestly doubt it is a custom patch with the tu mate.. i tried before when the paywall 1st dropped.. netflix didnt work.. but.. on the other hand.. on retail xbox, netflix will work without a profile.. as my gf cant figure out her pass.. so.. cant sign in profile no more.. so this is actually what might have it working..

6 hours ago, gavin_darkglider said:

I bet they could, I doubt they will. Each one of those apps are different. You would be better off attempting to make trainers, that will skip the live checks, and releasing them for each app, and each update to each app. You can apply the trainer from aurora. Might make sense to add an autoload for trainers to the trainer menu, if you were going to do something like that though. The beauty of that is that anyone can make a trainer, and there are some videos, and other information on it out there.

The huge problem with that?? Making a trainer to do that, would be having to find out where the response is, how to patch it with proper code, or nop it.. 

Hex editing the program would be easier as you find offsets with ida that are different from the offsets trainers will use.. this is easily found out when you compare offsets for rte's people put out on other forums.. but the offsets are different when in game.. if you can catch what im saying

8 hours ago, felida said:

I honestly doubt it is a custom patch with the tu mate.. i tried before when the paywall 1st dropped.. netflix didnt work.. but.. on the other hand.. on retail xbox, netflix will work without a profile.. as my gf cant figure out her pass.. so.. cant sign in profile no more.. so this is actually what might have it working..

The huge problem with that?? Making a trainer to do that, would be having to find out where the response is, how to patch it with proper code, or nop it.. 

Hex editing the program would be easier as you find offsets with ida that are different from the offsets trainers will use.. this is easily found out when you compare offsets for rte's people put out on other forums.. but the offsets are different when in game.. if you can catch what im saying

Are you able to create a trainer for this type of situation?

On 24/06/2017 at 2:35 PM, GianVillani said:

Perfect.
I tested it and it is fully functional, but on first use a connection failure problem similar to xbox-live errors occurs.

Another cover.

cover netflix.jpg

Liked it. Very creative. :)

On 6/24/2017 at 1:35 PM, GianVillani said:

Perfect.

Another cover.

cover netflix.jpg

On 7/14/2017 at 10:47 PM, DennysAndrea said:

Liked it. Very creative. :)

ANYONE else notice "streaming disc" and "Wii"??? which is funny.. as the Wii has a netflix APP.. no disc needed.. lol

and i like the mix of "Wii" and the red 360 lol..

19 hours ago, XxELBOSSxX said:

Could you install youtube as well as did Netflix someday ??

I'm sorry if my question is stupid!:D

the OP didnt do the fix.. so highly doubtful

the netflix app just works without xbox live, it's not modified in any way.

youtube app needs to be modified to work without xbox live. no one modified it, so it will not work.

hmmm, i think microsoft already fixed this mistake... Not working anymore for me too... I think they patched it... How to proceed? Maybe just a new app official update can solve this... Lets wait... Must have a solution! :)

On 8/3/2017 at 6:09 PM, XxELBOSSxX said:

Anyone else the netflix failing or just me?

Works just fine for me, maybe try reinstalling it and see if that fixes the issue.