RealModScene
01DawG10

R-JTAG - Did I fry it?

?

Hey guys..

What a bad day. My previous 360 Phat (Fffffalcon board) bummed out on my, so I bought another working board for a few bucks.

After I removed the complete R-JTAG with all QSB's and reinstalled it into the new Jasper board, I couldn't get it to glitch (POST79 LOAD_XAM each time although XELL should not get to 79).

Some time later I decided to wire the AUD_CLAMP manually using the 2 x 1N4148 diodes and an optional resistor method, as the little QSB suffer previous damage. 

As soon as I did that I started getting RRODs each time I try to boot XELL. I triple check everything and found that I accidentally soldered the AUD_CLAMP wire to Q2N3 instead of Q2N1 ?

Do you guys think I fried it? Gettin 0022 RROD with each try AND with the whole R-JTAG disconnected ?☹️?

EDIT: Error 0022 not 0010 sorry

IMG_4157.JPG

Sounds like you potentially spilled some solder somewhere

Mm. I will inspect real close thank you Swizzy. So the connection to the Q2N3 would not have caused something like this? Not even sure what it does ?

It shouldn't no... but, it's been a while since i worked with Xbox 360's, so my memory might be wrong...

Sorry Swizzy, no spilled solder anywhere. I anyways dont use that much solder ??

But I must apologize, the error is 0022 not 0010. Whether running Xell image or disconnected RJTAG with stock nand, still 0022

0022, that sounds familiar as being a problem with the resistor(s) near CPU_PLL_BYPASS, check that there are no bridges there

Soory Swizzy, none here.

Just read up on 0022. Maybe just my luck that it bummed out the moment I worked on it? Overheated perhaps?

The fans do change pitch up and down persistently for a few seconds and then RROD. The same type of change in pitch when glitching, just not as high and low, and much quicker

IMG_4228.JPG

Swizzy, please excuse my ranting. I desoldered the CPU_RST wire and viola :blink:

No idea why, it did not touch any other parts of the frame/board or resistors or caps, but the moment it was off, boom!

IMG_4231.PNG

• Like 1