RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
fulltimehustler

Freezing while scanning for content (found src, plz help)

not sure why but all of a sudden i cant scan. added new emulator to ext hd thats about it and chaged directories around on ext hd.

pretty wierd, im not a noob or a genius but something isnt right. i work on the xbox pretty often esp lately so not sure what went wrong. did a new scan maybe yesterday to add a new emu. but now its freezing up. the new emu folder is twice as big but only 2 emus inside it, both are huge though, fbanext complete and segaeverything emulator complete with ressurectionextras/movies etc. im hoping its just becauase of file size or something and letting it "freeze" for at least 30 mins. hopefully it starts working again. never had a problem before, long scanning but never froze. using same ext hd ive used for years. all my games work fine (360, xbox, xbla and i can even run the 2 emus from ext hd, no problems, just scanning

update: not sure what i did, maybe i changed a scan depth to infinite, somehow one of my folders "content" was infinite, but think that was from a long time ago when i messed with trainers and dlc. so far it seems to be scanning normal again, taking forever but not freezing. i also unchecked emulators from the type category and used none instead. one of those 2 seemed to fix my problem

update 6/24/17

so I found out what the problem was, crossed my mind earlier but now i know. so the reason is gets froze when scanning is because of this xbe file. not sure why, it seems to the be only pcecd emu that worked for but it messes up the scan, the xbe comes from "pcebox" and inside the read me says mednefen-pce v10? need to dbl chk number but i know it was a lot older than latest release, but latest release freezes when trying to load roms/cds and this one magically works

ive enclosed the xbe in case anyone wants to take a look at it., i undertsand this is nto designed for 360 but no xbe has have done this before

default.xbe