RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
CptKlink

Need help forwarding ports for LiNK through my PC connected to my xbox through ICS.

Hello all I have been trying to forward the needed ports to get LiNK fully working. I can get everything working except for opening the ports needed. Here is the info I have right now. Anybody know what i'm missing or need to do?

my ipconfig:
Windows IP Configuration

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
   Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::4849:5c68:e4b9:99bd%12
   IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.8.103
   Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.8.1

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::74ff:d6e3:3813:ab9a%11
   IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.137.1
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

Tunnel adapter isatap.{F23F4981-2D00-4A40-BFE3-AB751474A31D}:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 9:

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:9d38:953c:d8:95a9:9ead:81f1
   Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::d8:95a9:9ead:81f1%13
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::

Tunnel adapter isatap.{3F9F1D51-0E71-461B-A50C-6E8ADCC4223D}:

C:\Users\Klink>

ips.jpg
Untitled.jpg

27 minutes ago, CptKlink said:
Hello all I have been trying to forward the needed ports to get LiNK fully working. I can get everything working except for opening the ports needed. Here is the info I have right now. Anybody know what i'm missing or need to do?

my ipconfig:
Windows IP Configuration

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::4849:5c68:e4b9:99bd%12
   IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.8.103
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.8.1

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::74ff:d6e3:3813:ab9a%11
   IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.137.1
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

Tunnel adapter isatap.{F23F4981-2D00-4A40-BFE3-AB751474A31D}:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 9:

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:9d38:953c:d8:95a9:9ead:81f1
   Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::d8:95a9:9ead:81f1%13
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::

Tunnel adapter isatap.{3F9F1D51-0E71-461B-A50C-6E8ADCC4223D}:

C:\Users\Klink>

ips.jpg
Untitled.jpg

Well.. for starters.. you cant have the same exact ports going to multiple ip's..

And a simple google search will bring up plenty of sites on how to forward your ports properly

1 minute ago, felida said:

Well.. for starters.. you cant have the same exact ports going to multiple ip's..

And a simple google search will bring up plenty of sites on how to forward your ports properly

Yes I know I don't have it always set like that. That was just a last ditch effort. And no non of the sites tell you how to forward ports for a machine that is connected to the net through a computer useing ICS (Internet Connection Sharing). I have been through quite a few different sites and none of them even come close to telling me what to do in my scenario. my IP is 192.168.8.103 and you can see my IP for my xbox is completely different not even in the same string and my router only lets me forward ports only on IPs that are within the same string.

1 hour ago, CptKlink said:

Yes I know I don't have it always set like that. That was just a last ditch effort. And no non of the sites tell you how to forward ports for a machine that is connected to the net through a computer useing ICS (Internet Connection Sharing). I have been through quite a few different sites and none of them even come close to telling me what to do in my scenario. my IP is 192.168.8.103 and you can see my IP for my xbox is completely different not even in the same string and my router only lets me forward ports only on IPs that are within the same string.

That's because it's not possible... why are you even connecting it like that?!

If anything you have to configure your computer to act as a bridge, not a secondary router

6 hours ago, Swizzy said:

If anything you have to configure your computer to act as a bridge, not a secondary router

Wow thxs I don't know why I didn't think of that before. using bridged connection worked like a charm. Everything is passing and working now thxs again.  And i'm connecting my 360 like this cuz I don't have the wireless adapter for my 360 and my router is across the room and I don't have a Ethernet cord long enough to reach. And the xbox One is connected to the TV and my wife likes to play on it most of the time when i also want to play on my 360 so I have my 360 connected to my PC monitor and on my computer desk next to the monitor.

8 hours ago, Swizzy said:

Really it is possible.. all the person would have to do is forward the ports to pc's ip.. then use firewall to forward the same exact ports, to the xbox ip.. have done this before

9 hours ago, CptKlink said:

Yeah.. you should check out portforward.com.. more specifically their guide to double nat.. lol.. but glad you got it fixed

3 hours ago, felida said:

Really it is possible.. all the person would have to do is forward the ports to pc's ip.. then use firewall to forward the same exact ports, to the xbox ip.. have done this before

Yeah.. you should check out portforward.com.. more specifically their guide to double nat.. lol.. but glad you got it fixed

Ya i just realized that after fully figuring out my setup was considered a double router setup. Which I found guides for that on quite a few different websites. Maybe thats one reason why it wasn't working for me because I don't use or have enabled any firewall.

17 hours ago, CptKlink said:

Ya i just realized that after fully figuring out my setup was considered a double router setup. Which I found guides for that on quite a few different websites. Maybe thats one reason why it wasn't working for me because I don't use or have enabled any firewall.

If using windows, its there lol..