RealModScene
DrSon

Windows file explorer extension for Title IDs

Hello everyone:yes,

Just a quick introduction. I am form Hungary (so sorry for my English). I have an RGH xbox and I usually transfer games and DLCs to the box. Thats why I want to make this tool/extension.

What I want to do: 

Make an extension for file explorer in windows that helps to find out what game is behind a Tittle ID. To make it more specific, if you have a folder and its name is <Tittle ID> in the tooltip it will print out the name of the game. (Tooltip appears when you hover your mouse over an element in file explorer.)

I have already found out I need to use Shell extensions and found a really cool project on GitHub called SharpShell (https://github.com/dwmkerr/sharpshell).

In what I need your help:

I need some kind of list about games and their title IDs. I would be very happy to get access to Unity's list :shock:.

Later on I am sure I am going to ask more questions. Please let me know if any of you ever made a thing like that. I am also planning to upgrade the application when it's ready so this is only the first stage.

Thanks,

DrSon

• Like 2

It'd be doable with that, there would need to be a database on your local machine tho... (unless we make it read the information from the file itself, we can do that aswell)

I wrote a tool once that adds a desktop.ini and an icon from xbox.com to each <titleid> folder. I will try to find the sourcecode and put it on github when i do.

2017-06-13-Games.png

4 hours ago, Mattie said:

I wrote a tool once that adds a desktop.ini and an icon from xbox.com to each <titleid> folder. I will try to find the sourcecode and put it on github when i do.

2017-06-13-Games.png

What time is it? ADVENTURE TIME!!! lol.. sorry but i had to say it.. but.. also.. looking forward to this.. is nice

On 2017. 06. 13. at 8:17 AM, Swizzy said:

It'd be doable with that, there would need to be a database on your local machine tho... (unless we make it read the information from the file itself, we can do that aswell)

What do you think? Which one is easier to program in C# (because I haven't really programmed anything including tables and I don't know how complicated it is to read the game name from the file itself) ?To check a table or to read it from the file.

I was thinking about it and something came into my mind... What if the folder contains a DLC? Are they also containing the name of the game or they just contain their name but not the games. Do you know anything about it?

12 hours ago, DrSon said:

I was thinking about it and something came into my mind... What if the folder contains a DLC? Are they also containing the name of the game or they just contain their name but not the games. Do you know anything about it?

They contain the DLC name, but, given the ID, the name of the game could be looked up aswell (the TitleID the DLC is for is in the DLC package)

Alright I decided to have the database on the local machine. So where can I find it?

Also 

On 2017. 06. 13. at 9:39 AM, Mattie said:

2017-06-13-Games.png

whats about this tool? Did you found the code? 

On 6/15/2017 at 0:59 PM, DrSon said:

Alright I decided to have the database on the local machine. So where can I find it?

Also 

whats about this tool? Did you found the code? 

You can actually use xorloser (i think is the proper name) tool.. not xextool but pkg tool.. to achieve what you are trying.. its what 360 content manager uses to read the info from the packages, god/dlc/ect.. and its command-line.. so a simple .bat could scan and produce stuff.. but i might be getting in over my head here lol.. someone with more programming knowledge should chime in..

• Like 1

Alright so today I made a big step (not really) towards to finish the program. I made a lot of research: Thanks to felida I realized that GODs, XBLAs and DLCs are all having the tittle name in them. What is funny and would make things easier is that they all have the tittle names at the same place. To be exact they start at offset: 0x00001691.

Also before making this discovery I looked at some Utility scripts and found an url. With the url and an online JSON to exel decoder I was able to get the full Unity database.

xboxgames.thumb.PNG.b35d5fa2f85b0e94d504683ccd113562.PNG

So right now I have to ways to make this program. Hopefully at least one of the two methods will work. Now I am looking for ways to implement(<- is that the correct word?) them into C#. I am very excited.

Personally, I would dump 5he Excel stuff into a sqlite database, as it is faster to pull information from. C# can use the sqlite call included with my chest manager. You coul also add ftp support to the plugin for easy uploads. Just my thoughts.