RealModScene
fulltimehustler

Running Classic XB1 Brew On 360 (updated 6/25/17)

UPDATE  so i have been messing with alot of classic original xbox games on my rgh and decided to try a few of the old emulators, if u need help finding files i can help.

ive also noticed certain versions, builds or premade download packages dont work, hit or miss until u find the right combo of emu/version/skin.

ressurectionxtras makes it easy to show game covers, title shots, carts, movies and more. can even view commercials faqs maps etc while playing. after some proper configs and skins i have my emus showing an awesome cover flow with triple screens (movie, art/cart, screen/title). finding the extras is easy with google search, downloading takes time, compiling into directories is work but in the end the outcome is perfection. what can be better than viewing all of that stuff while browsing for a game, esp if you havent played most of the games before.

MY VIDEOS

Sega Mega Emulator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gt47hkFMKIA

Nintendo360

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aihmGCuVVEQ

WORKING

***do not use hq4x on any emus, well most of the time if i try it, freeze, havent tried them all but alot***

MednafenX-NES - NES Emulator for XBox v15                ------          flawless with media support (recommended for sure)

NeoGensPlusGX v1b06 - multicore sega emulator, gg, sms, gen, cd etc  --- flawless with media support (recommended for sure) (so many multi system duplicates so renamed everything with prefixes so that gg cover doesnt preview for gen or sms game etc.) sega cd seems to be lacking music sound in most games, could be my game formats, swear sonic cd had music then delted cue didnt have music just fx, got a new iso vs bin sound again, then zipped because broswing was a pain. lost music sound again. unzipped to folder still no sound. idk.

Supervision v4 - working with media support (recommended for sure)  [crystaball (1 of the only games i had) doesnt work, but i dont think it works on pc emu either. plays music so nostalgia.]

Snes9xbox core 1.51 - latest version but use 151.xbe. ---- snes emulator -----------   working with media support (recommended for sure)

xboyadvance v10 - works, gbc,gb,gba all working, no movie previews :(

xboyadvance v24b6 -   gba roms work fine, increase frame rate to play perfect. gb/gbc do not load and cause white screen/freeze. media works for everything. (worth having for the media part and the gba part)

mednafenx-pce v6bsomething - pce/pce cd emu   ----   works perfectly with media support (recommended for sure)

mednafenx-lynx--latest v --        atari lynx emu ----      works perfectly with media support (recommended for sure)

Starts but not working

xboyadvance v24 - gba/gb/gbc/sgb emulator - madmab edition, emulator starts and media support works, but freezes(white screen) when gb/gbc roms are loaded, gba roms work fine, speed up frame rate.

surreal64 - 64emulator - emulator starts but freezes when loading roms. tried several times, several settings, sometimes seems close neever loads. or crashes or freezes.

pcsx- ps1 emu -- starts but crashes when loading roms, tried once, no setting changes.

atarixlbox - atari 800, 2600, 5200, xl emu --- starts loads rom, returns to directory after 3 seconds, no controller function?

not working (versions i have tried)

Xnes           -------------           fatal crash (loop) had to restart manually

nestopiaX      ------------- fatal crash to aurora dash

FCEUltraX - NES/Famicom Emulator for XBox v17     ______________  works

wondering what else works as far as homebrew goes, most 360 emulators are pretty great so the originals are not too exciting to some but cover flow is good for the kids and alot of the madmab emulators work on 360 if not all of them. http://www.emuxtras.net/

• Like 3

OG xbox homebrew is hit or miss. Some of it you can get working by changing the titleID in the XBE so the OG emulator will see the emulator as different game, and use the emulation profile for said game. Even then it is hit or miss. This isnt something that will be fixed, probably ever, as Microsoft dropped support for new games in that emulator in like 2007. Be happy someone took that emulator for the OG xbox, and modified it to remove the signature checks, so you can play the compatible games off your HDD, and at least attempt to run homebrew on it.

The major point are, classic Xbox emulators are isn`t made to run in 360 VM/emu Host. Some are running, the most are not.

ive tested many of them on fsd3...

ADAM360
ATARI800XL
ATARI7800X
PCE... and more working ;)

pretty nice hobby time waste ive never played them i just hadfun to test them :P

19 hours ago, AntiFly said:

ive tested many of them on fsd3...

ADAM360
ATARI800XL
ATARI7800X
PCE... and more working ;)

pretty nice hobby time waste ive never played them i just hadfun to test them :P

SAme here most systems before nintendo I never played until emulators. Id say maybe 10% of the xbox1 emus ive tried have worked. Ive really got into the arcade games since u can pop in coins instead of restarting. the kids love it. and once I have all my covers/artwork installed it makes it easy for them to find the games they want. Although they mostly play the 360 or psx

• Like 1

On 6/4/2017 at 3:43 PM, AntiFly said:

hey have u tried the supervision emulator, it works nicley, but the sega multicore i just found today is the best.something really cool. emulates all systems and has the movies/artwork. check out the updated op.

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 2:22 PM, fulltimehustler said:

UPDATE  so i have been messing with alot of classic original xbox games on my rgh and decided to try a few of the old emulators, if u need help finding files i can help.

ive also noticed certain versions, builds or premade download packages dont work, hit or miss until u find the right combo of emu/version/skin.

ressurectionxtras makes it easy to show game covers, title shots, carts, movies and more. can even view commercials faqs maps etc while playing. after some proper configs and skins i have my emus showing an awesome cover flow with triple screens (movie, art/cart, screen/title). finding the extras is easy with google search, downloading takes time, compiling into directories is work but in the end the outcome is perfection. what can be better than viewing all of that stuff while browsing for a game, esp if you havent played most of the games before.

MY VIDEOS

Sega Mega Emulator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gt47hkFMKIA

Nintendo360

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aihmGCuVVEQ

WORKING

***do not use hq4x on any emus, well most of the time if i try it, freeze, havent tried them all but alot***

MednafenX-NES - NES Emulator for XBox v15                ------          flawless with media support (recommended for sure)

NeoGensPlusGX v1b06 - multicore sega emulator, gg, sms, gen, cd etc  --- flawless with media support (recommended for sure) (so many multi system duplicates so renamed everything with prefixes so that gg cover doesnt preview for gen or sms game etc.) sega cd seems to be lacking music sound in most games, could be my game formats, swear sonic cd had music then delted cue didnt have music just fx, got a new iso vs bin sound again, then zipped because broswing was a pain. lost music sound again. unzipped to folder still no sound. idk.

Supervision v4 - working with media support (recommended for sure)  [crystaball (1 of the only games i had) doesnt work, but i dont think it works on pc emu either. plays music so nostalgia.]

Snes9xbox core 1.51 - latest version but use 151.xbe. ---- snes emulator -----------   working with media support (recommended for sure)

xboyadvance v10 - works, gbc,gb,gba all working, no movie previews :(

xboyadvance v24b6 -   gba roms work fine, increase frame rate to play perfect. gb/gbc do not load and cause white screen/freeze. media works for everything. (worth having for the media part and the gba part)

mednafenx-pce v6bsomething - pce/pce cd emu   ----   works perfectly with media support (recommended for sure)

mednafenx-lynx--latest v --        atari lynx emu ----      works perfectly with media support (recommended for sure)

Starts but not working

xboyadvance v24 - gba/gb/gbc/sgb emulator - madmab edition, emulator starts and media support works, but freezes(white screen) when gb/gbc roms are loaded, gba roms work fine, speed up frame rate.

surreal64 - 64emulator - emulator starts but freezes when loading roms. tried several times, several settings, sometimes seems close neever loads. or crashes or freezes.

pcsx- ps1 emu -- starts but crashes when loading roms, tried once, no setting changes.

atarixlbox - atari 800, 2600, 5200, xl emu --- starts loads rom, returns to directory after 3 seconds, no controller function?

not working (versions i have tried)

Xnes           -------------           fatal crash (loop) had to restart manually

nestopiaX      ------------- fatal crash to aurora dash

FCEUltraX - NES/Famicom Emulator for XBox v17     ______________  works

wondering what else works as far as homebrew goes, most 360 emulators are pretty great so the originals are not too exciting to some but cover flow is good for the kids and alot of the madmab emulators work on 360 if not all of them. http://www.emuxtras.net/

did you try killer instinct if you need it I have it see if you can get that emulator working I get the screen and select game once I select it it gives me an error because you have more knowledge on this can you help me out with this one specifically its in the attachment once you get it working if you can send it back ok thank you

PS I Appreciate all the hard work you done for the rgh community buddy 

kix_1.2.iso