RealModScene
prabin

Necessary bandwidth for Call Of Duty Black OPS 2 (Link)

Please tell me download or upload  limit for create game on system link

Sorry for my bad English

Topic completed !

Dr.Gonzo.

you should have minimum 2Mbits both to have an acceptable connection on servers. To be a server/host you should have more upstream, so the clients also have better connection on your server. It also depends on location because of higher latencies.

you should have as much as possible. 16 mbit downstream will be good enough for clients.

servers should also have at least 10mbit upstream to be a good server.

for servers also the cpu may be important, but not on console.

my service provider gives me 1 Mbps downstream and 512 Kbps upstream, can i creat host with 4g?

I Think your power of your connection is very critically/too low. Give it a try and share your result with us.

Trying before crying.

You won't get good results. Uptream is too low!

4g is mobile. It may not work with that!

Btw.: In Future, please specify your thread Titles.

12 minutes ago, saywaking said:

Trying before crying.

You won't get good results. Uptream is too low!

Nope.

Upstream ist fast enough (512 kbps = 4 MBit), but Download is too slow.

The Main problem will be (presumably) the mobile connection (bad signal run time, and other specific mobile problems).

kbps -> KiloBit per second

kB/s -> KiloByte per second

Down and Upstream are datatransmission, speed is always stated in Bit, not Byte.

Also the combination of Downstream 1mbps and upstream of 512kbps is common. Although 2017 provider in most countries should already provide better Connections.

If im wrong it's because of a possible wrong notation by the OP.

Yeah it was my false. 512 Kbps are 0.5 Mbit, otherwise it would make no sense in his case.

2 hours ago, saywaking said:

kbps -> KiloBit per second

kB/s -> KiloByte per second

Down and Upstream are datatransmission, speed is always stated in Bit, not Byte.

Also the combination of Downstream 1mbps and upstream of 512kbps is common. Although 2017 provider in most countries should already provide better Connections.

If im wrong it's because of a possible wrong notation by the OP.

1 hour ago, Dr.Gonzo said:

Yeah it was my false. 512 Kbps are 0.5 Mbit, otherwise it would make no sense in his case.

To be honest.. yes internet connections are megabit not megabyte.. but.. you can easily calculate an estimated guess on it tho..

100Mbit = roughly 10Mbyte

I get 200mbit and download at 25mbyte all day.. now.. to answer op.. it all depends on the host.. if you have crappy connection speed, dont host.. but if just doing lan party(as all people are within same building using same connection), then LiNK isnt needed.. as you are just causing yourself excess bandwidth usage 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, felida said:

To be honest.. yes internet connections are megabit not megabyte.. but.. you can easily calculate an estimated guess on it tho..

I now the terms like bit, byte,Kbyte.... and their meanings. I have don't look very closely to prabins indications.

13 hours ago, felida said:

100Mbit = roughly 10Mbyte

it depends on how you calculate it

If your calculating in decimal its exactly 10 Mbyte.  But if you are calculating in usual binary format (informatics usual format) its 9.53 Mebibyte

@prabin.

You data rate are presumably high enough. Your main problem is, that your connection is mobile (with all the known problems in conjunction with Link).

But as I wrote, try it. :)

2 hours ago, prabin said:

i getting in 4g speed

Untitled.jpg

Not to mention, you really cant forward ports in mobile connections.. but you CAN use it..

3 hours ago, Dr.Gonzo said:

it depends on how you calculate it

If your calculating in decimal its exactly 10 Mbyte.  But if you are calculating in usual binary format (informatics usual format) its 9.53 Mebibyte

that's correct.

For anyone else, the notation for Mebibyte is MiB.

MiB = 1024² Byte

MB = 1000² Byte

2 hours ago, felida said:

Router has nothing to do with mobile connection.. you have to forward ports on phone/w.e and that can possibly not work out 

He is not using his phone but that router.

Not all Mobile Routers support Port Forwarding. If he has luck, it will work. I prefer FritzBox for any kind of Network Setup. Those can just do anything.

@prabin

just try it out.  Port forwarding is possible with yours

If you have luck, yours will work. Still, if you want to set up server, for better user experience you should have at least 10MBit Upstream

If you had a normal mobile contract, (no hybrid stuff)  no.

For a better understanding, if you use a mobile connection for up & download, you had to open the ports (if they are closed) in your used (mobile) Network. In most cases you get a public IP from your mobile provider. In this case you cant open Ports, because as mobile client you are presides directly before a Firewall. I now that some mobile providers allocate private IPs, but that's very rare and pertains to (expensive) special business contracts.

There are some special exotic solutions like Sky DSL (download over satellite, upload over Dsl). But you need a special Hybrid contract & hardware to use this stuff.

I got new fiber connection but not showing any server and broadcast port and data port getting failed, please hellp

Untitled.png

P_20170519_082737.jpg

I`m asking again, which provider & contract did you use ?

You are using IPv4 or IPv6 ?