RealModScene
ransom

Aurora .6b - Passcode & ReScan Game Content

Hi,

It has been a while since I used my Xbox. I updated to the latest Aurora .6b all went well, I did notice all my covers somehow got wiped in the update (Which is ok)

I accidently entered a passcode with my dpad for my "delete content" Now I do not know how to reset that passcode As I can't delete any files from the Aurora Folder.

How Can I delete Everything and Start fresh to rescan all my external game hdds?

Copy Aurora .6 to USB and movce it into my xbox 360, then point dashlaunch to the new folder location and rescan?

You can probably edit the settings DB on pc (copy through ftp or w/e). Setting PCPasscode and PCPermissions to "0" would clear it.

Another way to start fresh is delete both db's through ftp and restart aurora.

11 minutes ago, Mattie said:

You can probably edit the settings DB on pc (copy through ftp or w/e). Setting PCPasscode and PCPermissions to "0" would clear it.

Another way to start fresh is delete both db's through ftp and restart aurora.

Are you sure you can edit or delete DB whilst it is actually running with it keycoded to not delete content? I tried on the xbox in aurora file manager, and I am unable to delete the DB file?

I dont think you can, or at least I was never able to, as the file is in use by aurora, but to get around that, you can put another copy of aurora on a usb stick, and run that, then delete the files, and reboot the xbox, or you can do the same thing with XexMenu, FSD, or really any other dash, or FTP service(Dashlaunch installer/plugin).

yes db could be one of the files you're not able to access...

you could also write a lua script to change it, this might work:

scriptTitle = "Passcode reset"
scriptAuthor = "Phoenix"
scriptVersion = 1
scriptDescription = "resets passcode"
scriptIcon = "icon.png"

-- Define script permissions to enable access to libraries
scriptPermissions = { "sql" }  

-- Main entry point to script
function main()
    Sql.Execute("UPDATE SystemSettings SET Value = 0 WHERE Name in (\"PCPasscode\", \"PCPermissions\")")
end

Ill try the ftp avenue 1st.

I dont understand the lua script method?

you put the code above in a file called Main.lua, and ftp it to Aurora\User\Scripts\Utility\resetpass\ directory,

then in Aurora go to System (<back>), Utility scripts and run that reset script (then restart aurora)

I Had 2 versions of Aurora in my HDD1, I switched "Default" path from Dashlaunch to the prior version, Then was able to delete the DB File in the new version. Switched the path in dashlaunch back to the latest version of Aurora.Rescanned Games and all is back to normal now..

You might want to have a warning prompt before making a password somehow, you can very easily create a password without even knowing until your halfway through the passcode without being able to cancel or delete process.

Just something minor otherwise Aurora Is Numero Uno!! :jig:

It's more of a you didn't pay attention kind of deal, but... perhaps we need to make it verify the passcode once you've entered it once (if we don't already do that) that'd make it virtually impossible for you to  set a passcode without meaning to do so... unless of course you completely ignore what it says, which defeats the purpose of a warning anyways (and it's a better method anyways as it requires you to put in the passcode 2 times exactly the same way)

I made an error, I was up to the 3rd input already on the passcode, Wasn't aware it began to do it, hence why I forgot what I did for the input. All good now , thanks guys for the quick replies.