RealModScene
s8n

Jasper 360 won't display video on one TV but will on others !?

hi members ,  i got a 2 Jasper 360's recently and one won't display video on my Panasonic Plasma although it does on my Samsung LCD PC Monitor and 32" Samsung LCD TV.  I haven't had a 360 not put out a picture before on my Plasma and i've tried 9 360's with this one being a problem.  So i've googled and tried a bunch of things to no avail ,  i did come to one post with someone saying it may be the beginning of RROD.  I should say as well i've run this 360 for 2 hours straight 4 times to see if it will overheat and it came through ok.

so what do you guys think ?............i can return this 360 as i have a 30 day warranty.

and hi Swizzy :thumbsu:

chat soon

I have the same with mine. HDMI only, it works fine on component. It also works fine on any other TV and any other xbox works fine on my tv.

Never found a solution for it, I have read somewhere TV's can ban a device, but don't know if this is the case.

If you can return it, I would.

It could be also possible that some TVs had problems to handle the HDMI Handshake. In this particular case the screen remains dark.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dr.Gonzo said:

It could be also possible that some TVs had problems to handle the HDMI Handshake. In this particular case the screen remains dark.

You can disable this on an RGH by building the image with nohdmiwait option. Doesnt help you if it is a retail though. ;(

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, gavin_darkglider said:

You can disable this on an RGH by building the image with nohdmiwait option. Doesnt help you if it is a retail though. ;(

I now.

@s8n

Did you have the Chance to check your Xbox on another TVs ?

• Like 1

hi guys thanks for the replies and tips ,  i have tested this 360 on the below TV's

- 46" Panasonic Plasma

- 42" Panasonic Plasma

- 27" Samsung LCD PC

- 32" Samsung LCD TV

- 29" Sony WEGA CRT ( SCART )

- XRGB Framemeister HDMI Passthrough to 46" Panasonic Plasma

all work except the Panasonics ,  i have done some googling and there were multiple threads where people have the same problem as me with Panasonics when used with PS3's or 360's.  I am getting a new TV this year to replace the Pana as it's quite old ( 2008 model ) ,  it will either be a Sony or Samsung.

15 hours ago, Dr.Gonzo said:

i read a mega thread and one guy was helping someone else he said that the TV is having a problem with Handshaking causing no video,  he believed the TV is the problem and not the 360.  To me it looks like the Pana is the problem but i still feel a little unsure if to keep it or return it.

and yes this 360 will be modded by me if i keep it:thumbsu:

• Like 1

If the problem only happens on one or 2 tv's, then I would say the problem is with the handshake, and the nohdmiwait patch will fix it. the system wont work retail on that tv though. It is really up to you what you want to do. My console personally is a dual nand, not because I care about live, but because at the time it was the only device I could watch netflix on. it also has a flashed drive. so I guess I get the best of both worlds. lol. I have been considering putting RGloader on one of the nands, as I also have an xbox one, and the OG xbox(Also Modded(TSOP) Going to do ram upgrade someday. lol already has the bios for it, though I might just chip it for the xecuter 5xxx series bios, as the Ind-Bios gives issues with sound in XBMC, which is what I wanted it for anyway, and some of the games wont play on my 360. 

Anyway, back on topic here...... If it works on some TV's, but not the others, then I would suggest RGH, and the nohdmiwait patch. this can cause issues with some TV's also, becuase they wont accept the connection until they recieve the handshake, but some tv's also have a setting to turn handshaking off and on, and others dont do it at all.   

• Like 1

well i'm going to keep this 360 based on posts here and my detective work through google about Pana's. 

thank you everyone for your help and advice

that's a good tip which i have tried ,  in the menu of the Pana when i got to System Update it takes about a minute and it says it's up to date.

28 minutes ago, s8n said:

that's a good tip which i have tried ,  in the menu of the Pana when i got to System Update it takes about a minute and it says it's up to date.

Is your Pana on the network ?

Better to watch for the latest firmware on the official website compare with what's on your TV and apply upgrade by USB if needed. If indeed it's up to date search on the web for " hidden settings menu " or " factory settings menu " something like that (sorry for my english) related to your TV's model to play with advanced HDMI options.

• Like 1

it's not on a network as it doesn't support it and the TV doesn't even have USB it does have a SD Card slot tho.  It's a very old Pana i bought it in 2008 ,  i did check on their website briefly and couldn't find a update that was old enough.  When i say i tried to update through the menu it seems to use the TV Aerial to search for a update.  Yesterday i got into the Service Menu and couldn't find any HDMI options.

btw your English is really good and your help is easy to understand

• Like 1

it does have a SD Card slot tho

You probably mean a PCMCIA Card.

Yesterday i got into the Service Menu and couldn't find any HDMI options.

There is a Hidden Service Menu not available for customers. It's usually a combo with the remote.

At first step, before altering your Pan's Plasma in a thermonuclear engine you should try to reset your console display settings to see if a minus resolution could be catched. As it seems you have a Phat proceed this way :

• Make sure there’s no disc in the disc tray.
  • Turn off the console.
  • Turn on the console.

Note If you’re using an Xbox 360 Wireless Controller, make sure only one wireless controller is connected to the console, and then turn off and restart the console by using the Guide button on that controller.

As the console starts, press and hold Y while pulling the right trigger on the controller. The display settings are reset to the default settings, and then the console automatically restarts.

22 minutes ago, Blackjack said:

it's not a Compact Flash slot it's definitely SD ,  i've used it before to view photos (JPEGs).

22 minutes ago, Blackjack said:

There is a Hidden Service Menu not available for customers. It's usually a combo with the remote.

i used this video on Youtube to access the Service Menu ,  i did gain access to it but it was very limited on options , i couldn't find any HDMI tweaks.  I can't wait to get a new TV this year i have chosen 3 models that kick ass ,  all i need to do is save some money and i'm set.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gosP70-JtI

PCMCIA cards are mini PCI expansion cards used on old laptops(1990-2003), to add things like WIFI, Ethernet, and a host of other hardware that works on a PCI bus. It was never included in a smart TV, or a TV in 2008 for that matter, as they started phasing it out about the time USB2.0 came out in like 2003/2004 dont remember when exactly off the top of my head, but it was somewhere in that time frame.

The TV very well could have an SD card slot, as that was standard media in that time for digital cameras, so people could plug in there card, and play their videos direct from the TV, and possibly install firmware updates.