RealModScene
Adital

Scanning for new title updates and disk replacement

Hi!

I’m new here in this community. I have a problem and few questions

Yesterday I copied a game to my Jtag Xbox 360 console and after reboot, the Aurora won’t start. It is stuck with a Scanning for new title updates for a few hours already. I could not find a way to skip this.I am using the up to date version of Aurora 6b, I like it very much.

I would like to ask, is there a way to skip this process and let the Aurora boot without the update trial? is it possible to revert the changes? I can pull out the 250GB hard drive, connect it to my PC and make the required changes if needed.

I suspect that the hard drive data is corrupted, I would like to replace it. I’m not concerned about the content on it I can copy specific things later if needed. Is there a good guide that explains step by step how to install a new hard disk and how to install Aurora on it as the default operating system?

I have a 256 GB SSD I can use for this purpose, are SSD drives recommended? Can I expect a significant performance improvement or it is better to use a regular hard drive?

Can I use a 512 GB disk? can the system handle disks larger than 250GB?

Thanks a lot!

47 minutes ago, Adital said:

Hi!

I’m new here in this community. I have a problem and few questions

Yesterday I copied a game to my Jtag Xbox 360 console and after reboot, the Aurora won’t start. It is stuck with a Scanning for new title updates for a few hours already. I could not find a way to skip this.I am using the up to date version of Aurora 6b, I like it very much.

I would like to ask, is there a way to skip this process and let the Aurora boot without the update trial? is it possible to revert the changes? I can pull out the 250GB hard drive, connect it to my PC and make the required changes if needed.

I suspect that the hard drive data is corrupted, I would like to replace it. I’m not concerned about the content on it I can copy specific things later if needed. Is there a good guide that explains step by step how to install a new hard disk and how to install Aurora on it as the default operating system?

I have a 256 GB SSD I can use for this purpose, are SSD drives recommended? Can I expect a significant performance improvement or it is better to use a regular hard drive?

Can I use a 512 GB disk? can the system handle disks larger than 250GB?

Thanks a lot!

Hi, welcome, for turning of TU scan at first boot check out my post in another topic:

For installing on new hdd, there are plenty of guides on the forum or youtube, you can google them. Basically, make sure you have dashlaunch installed on your system, put the new hdd in, let the xbox format it. Put aurora and a launch.ini pointing to it on a usb stick and boot from there, then copy aurora from the usb stick to the hdd and update the launch.ini on your system to start it at boot.

As for replacing with an ssd, you would probably notice it in load times here and there, but I don't think it is a lot.

512 GB is possible yes, mine is 512 too. I am using a 7200rpm drive and it performs fine.

Good luck!

I formatted the new 240 SSD hard drive using the Xbox - I had to insert the device serial number to format the disk in the console. How do I copy the Aurora folder and how do I install dashlaunch on this disk? I was using dashlaunch in the past with the old and corrupted disk running Aurora so can I assume it is installed?

when I am running the device without the internal hard drive the system is starting and running as an out of the box device.

Thanks.

On 4/26/2017 at 5:34 PM, Adital said:

I formatted the new 240 SSD hard drive using the Xbox - I had to insert the device serial number to format the disk in the console. How do I copy the Aurora folder and how do I install dashlaunch on this disk? I was using dashlaunch in the past with the old and corrupted disk running Aurora so can I assume it is installed?

when I am running the device without the internal hard drive the system is starting and running as an out of the box device.

Thanks.

You gotta get xexmenu live version, and place that onto a thumb drive.. you can make a data CD/DVD too.. but I prefer to have xexmenu installed and launchable from NxE, just in case something happens..