RealModScene
MaesterRowen

Aurora 0.7b - Feature Preview

i think you all still do more black box testing than white box testing, except the coders.

Tests by completely newbies are done for many software out there and it's still being done by many companies, because of several reasons.

Anyway, i believe the decisions in this project are well done.

I think the decisions in this project are well done also, that being said, Alpha testing is never done by noobs. That is beta testing, which if you havnt noticed, that is what the b stands for in every release version since day one. It is also why there are a ton of bugs that we have also been testing from the forum. There are also suggestions getting added everyday from the forums, to make aurora better for the community, and not just the developers.

• Like 2

not sure if it was mentioned before.

try to fix the bug? that AurorA won't load Original Multi Game Discs like Alien Breed Trilogy.

If a disc hold more than 1 game and have originally a Menu to choose which game to play and it's installed on xbox's 360 harddrive, the installed content by the whole disc does not load and the xbox360 freeze.

It may have less to do with aurora, and more to do with how it was installed. Also, if there are multiple games on the disc, Aurora wont be able to tell that, so it will give you the same launcher that the disc uses. You might be able to get around that if there is a content folder on the disc, as this holds the games/dlc you want in a GOD format, and you can get rid of the launcher on the disc all together.

Yes, installing all contents separately works fine.  But something is different on multi game discs and Aurora is not able to handle the original menu properly. I tried it several times to install from the original disc and always failed. Later i copied each game,  Part 1,2,3 and was able to play then. I can provide the original alien Breed disc to the developer of Aurora for testings.  

Before the box was jtag'd and setup with Aurora it was possible to play those games, from the internal HDD through a 1:1 installment from original and via games menu. 

It is ok to read,  you have a solution and a game menu seems useless to you but figure out the problem could be a challenge for a real programmer. 

Same i do, if i encounter Bugs or problems while coding my Tools, and Cracktros. 

I don't wanna fight.  This is only a information to a problem. 

I could be wrong here, but the menu for that game setup is its own separate application, so unless aurora doesnt load the default.xex from the game, I dont think aurora is the problem. As for a challenge for a real programmer, have you tried ripping the game in GOD format? I have had similar issues with games that were fixed by doing that, and it has nothing to do with aurora, but the way the game was written. EG. If the program points to DVD, instead of Game, then the system cant find the game files, as they arent on the DVD. A GOD container does that with a virtual sort of drive. 

8 minutes ago, gavin_darkglider said:

I could be wrong here, but the menu for that game setup is its own separate application, so unless aurora doesnt load the default.xex from the game, I dont think aurora is the problem. As for a challenge for a real programmer, have you tried ripping the game in GOD format? I have had similar issues with games that were fixed by doing that, and it has nothing to do with aurora, but the way the game was written. EG. If the program points to DVD, instead of Game, then the system cant find the game files, as they arent on the DVD. A GOD container does that with a virtual sort of drive. 

like i said. after any several fails, i installed the 3 Games separately onto the internal HDD and all works fine (creating DLC was not necessary). Not ripped. created 3 folder for each game on the HDD, copied the games and - working.

but it is important to know. ppl who didn't know about this single copying fix (creating DLc of each game) are still trying to install the whole game disc and wonder why it's not working... and that's why i mentioned it in this thread.

- thinking about multi games disc

the structure while reading and copying onto the HDD will maybe changed and caused the black screen under aurora.

if i am involved into Aurora developing, i would investigate the multi games disc structure.

- on which position the menu is looking for the chosen game

it is only a suggestion ;)

I wasnt saying it was a necessity, I was saying it was an option to keep the original menu loader from the disc working. In fact, I believe I stated in an earlier post, that the easiest solution was to copy the data out of the content folder.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, gavin_darkglider said:

I wasnt saying it was a necessity, I was saying it was an option to keep the original menu loader from the disc working. In fact, I believe I stated in an earlier post, that the easiest solution was to copy the data out of the content folder.

you're absolutely right, but not all ppl know this and so they trying and failing

• Like 1

Not all people should be in a hacking scene if they dont know the first thing about hacking. It is work. Doesnt matter what you are doing. It is also always a learning experience, and an experiment. If they arent willing to read, and experiment, let alone post their findings, than I dont have much time for them. The whole idea of forums like this is to share information, not to spoon feed information to people who are to lazy to use a search function. That being said, some games are harder to get to work on a JTAG/RGH console than others.

• Like 3

what should i say? :)

btw.

here is a demo, currently working on it:

tested on win 7/8/10 @x86 and x64
GeForce GTX 950

OGL compatible gfx card needed

Purple Ocean.rar

imageproxy.php.png

On 23/4/2017 at 0:21 AM, gavin_darkglider said:

I have. lol. Those are my patches. lol.

I know, in fact I quoted @cashonly :happy: 

On 4/21/2017 at 4:58 AM, Swizzy said:

The video was made on a XDK, not a Retail console, that's why Dashlaunch isn't active and why you see "Xbox Home", the plugin isn't overriding the HUD...

Didn't realise you didn't get to carry over the sig links you had,would appreciate you putting the nand flash update link back or post its location

cheers

backon topic: looking good & forward to 7b

Which one, there are like 10 of them. One day I might consolidate them in to one updated guide, but considering the information is all over this site, and others it isnt high on my priority.

I assume your talking to me gavin ? i was talking to swizzy.He had a link on how to easily update the dash using an easy to use software he made.Ive been referring members from other forums including new member scroeffie, (further up the page) to find swizzy's link,only it turns out there isn't one anymore..lol..I can most probably find the tut once i get a bit more time

10 hours ago, scorpNZ said:

Didn't realise you didn't get to carry over the sig links you had,would appreciate you putting the nand flash update link back or post its location

cheers

backon topic: looking good & forward to 7b

http://xebuildtut.xeupd.com

it's pretty easy to memorize, "xebuild tut dot xeupd dot com", the hardest part is my domain name i guess, it was meant for "xebuild update" kind of thing

i didn't think Aurora could get any better ,  but after watching the video dev's have gone another level greater......hats off to you dev's