RealModScene
MaesterRowen

Aurora 0.7b - Feature Preview

Hello everyone,

We know it's been a long length of time since the last update; but we are getting closer!   Instead of putting together a detailed preview post with images and text descriptions, I instead opted to make a MovieMaker video showing a preview of the features.

While I realize the video isn't great, hopefully it does its job to convey what we are looking to include as part of Aurora 0.7b.

We appreciate your support and hope you look forward to the next release!

Donations:
If you like what we're doing here, feel free to buy us a virtual beer or something!
btn_donate_LG.gif

Thanks!

4 hours ago, MUGIWARAL93 said:

Damn look so good,  PLEASE put the real avatar like FSD and sopport for videos for the skins :unworthy:

there is an option for replacing the avatar image with the actual avatar, it just wasnt shown in the video. ;) There is also a custom XUI extension, so you can add it to a different scene if you want, in a custom skin.

• Like 7

Really nice

15 hours ago, MaesterRowen said:

We know it's been a long length of time since the last update; but we are getting closer!

Not really. This Time, the Development Time really felt alot quicker. We constantly hoping for this.

Instead of putting together a detailed preview post with images and text descriptions, I instead opted to make a MovieMaker video showing a preview of the features.

I liked it. Simple and clean. The beat is nice tho, maybe no tension built because instant drop.

While I realize the video isn't great, hopefully it does its job to convey what we are looking to include as part of Aurora 0.7b.

This community is not dead. People can do the job for you if you have no time for that, although you as "the" developer are the one who can express it the best way. You surely will find someone. And yes "all people have private life"

I hope there are some Utility Script/ Unity Improvements/Extensions also, so i can finish some stuff.

Thank you

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, saywaking said:

I hope there are some Utility Script/ Unity Improvements/Extensions also, so i can finish some stuff.

There are, mainly small things, like fixing download progress. Might be a while before the API docs get updated, so maybe I should get on writing some example scripts using the modified/repaired/new functions, so people have a base to go off of, when it is released. The biggest thing that needs to be finished, is the new WebUI, which is currently in the works, and hopefully will be ready for this release. Among the other fixes is also a fix for the RSS feed bug, that has caused so many issues, and implementing new features.

Currently, from what I have read, MaesterRowen is looking to expand the dashlaunch options on a per game basis, and from what I can tell, we are down to around 20 issues/fixes left to test. that being said, that doesnt include the WebUI stuff, which might or might not make it into 0.7b. I know it is in the works, and is planned to be in the release, but I havnt seen much on it yet, other than that. I think that most of the LUA options that people are waiting for probably wont make it into rotation until 0.8+ so dont get your hopes up too much there. And on top of that, MaesterRowen hasnt even included information on the biggest surprise yet, which everyone will love and hate, as it is as I would say a half baked(Meaning functional, but not as feature full) version of something that was promised long ago, but is definitely a great start....... Spoiler, it isnt SMBdll. You will just have to wait and see, but their is a hint in the video, if you know where to look. ;)  

• Like 1

Thank you for the hard work! 

About the hint: it is the "plugin version: 0.7b" ? did you made a custom plugin? On the Xbox Guide i see that it says "Xbox Home". :D

Cant wait for the release!

I didn't even know anything was in the works, and this is looking incredible. Thanks to everyone involved! :wub:

On 4/19/2017 at 10:03 AM, cashonly said:

Thank you for the hard work! 

About the hint: it is the "plugin version: 0.7b" ? did you made a custom plugin? On the Xbox Guide i see that it says "Xbox Home". :D

Cant wait for the release!

The video was made on a XDK, not a Retail console, that's why Dashlaunch isn't active and why you see "Xbox Home", the plugin isn't overriding the HUD...

1 hour ago, Jairo Silva said:

You could somehow make the skins of 0.6b work in 0.7b, as it helps not to have to develop one for each version

it isnt possible, as much of the development of a new version is changes to the UI. This includes new scenes, such as the Game Settings, Save Manager, Background Animation, etc, and changes to the current scenes. These arent included in the previous versions skin, so unless you wanted to recreate the wheel, while updating your skin, then it wont work. It is less work to take your artwork, and recreate the skin with the latest default skin from aurora. I know it is repetitive, but it is the best bet. There may be a way you could create an app, that does most of the work for you, as all XUI files are is XML, so if you write an app that parses the newest skin, documents the changes, and then applies the required changes to the skin you are currently using, you might be able to port the work that you have already done. I dont think you will get much help with that project, as the devs here are busy writing aurora. Good Luck.

• Like 2

Aurora 0.7b looks terrifyingly awesome !

I really hope Aurora 0.7b can properly handle multi-disc games (auto disc swap) through ConnectX.

Currently, in order to have multi-disc auto swap working, I have to copy all multi-disc games from the network share to either a local internal or external hard drive.

I recall from reading somewhere that such improvement would be part of Aurora 0.7b.

#aurorarocks

If it isnt fixed already, it will be in the next release, it is on the list of stuff for the testers to test. I didnt field that one, as I dont use connectX, and all my games are on my internal HDD. Yes, this is a major update, as far as features. If you ask me it cant get much better, and from what I can see, there are already plans to add more new stuff to 0.8+. We are hard at work tracking down and fixing the bugs before the release of 0.7b. The testing team is bigger this go around, and we have caught all most all of the bugs. I think we are down to like 20 left to test/fix, and from what I understand, this is the lowest it has been in any release. ;) So, be patient, and you will be happy. This version comes with a ton of new features, some of which will be expanded on from what you saw in the video in 0.7b, and others will be expanded on in 0.8+. Long story short, there is alot being done, and being planned. so, keep your eyes open for updates. On top of that, there are other projects that relate to aurora, such as SMBdll, which is still in the works, and other extensions to aurora that are also being worked on, but in the end it will be worth the wait. :) dont expect those things with 0.7b though.

@gavin_darkglider

that nice information makes us more impatient now :D

Anyway, i'm also curious about NOVA.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Swizzy said:

The video was made on a XDK, not a Retail console, that's why Dashlaunch isn't active and why you see "Xbox Home", the plugin isn't overriding the HUD...

Well then, the search continues. :)

8 hours ago, saywaking said:

@gavin_darkglider

that nice information makes us more impatient now :D

Anyway, i'm also curious about NOVA.

Nova will come soon enough, there has been some serious progress there, but at this point it is the same as the freestyle plugin as far as functionality. The plugin was rewritten from scratch, so all the features have been updated, but not in a way the end user will notice. Link v2 is still a major work in progress, both on the plugin side, and on the server side. The messaging stuff is part of link v2, the trainer stuff is non-existant in the current version of nova. I wouldnt expect anything super cool there until 0.8+.

12 hours ago, gavin_darkglider said:

If it isnt fixed already, it will be in the next release, it is on the list of stuff for the testers to test. I didnt field that one, as I dont use connectX, and all my games are on my internal HDD. Yes, this is a major update, as far as features. If you ask me it cant get much better, and from what I can see, there are already plans to add more new stuff to 0.8+. We are hard at work tracking down and fixing the bugs before the release of 0.7b. The testing team is bigger this go around, and we have caught all most all of the bugs. I think we are down to like 20 left to test/fix, and from what I understand, this is the lowest it has been in any release. ;) So, be patient, and you will be happy. This version comes with a ton of new features, some of which will be expanded on from what you saw in the video in 0.7b, and others will be expanded on in 0.8+. Long story short, there is alot being done, and being planned. so, keep your eyes open for updates. On top of that, there are other projects that relate to aurora, such as SMBdll, which is still in the works, and other extensions to aurora that are also being worked on, but in the end it will be worth the wait. :) dont expect those things with 0.7b though.

Ah how I wanted to be a tester in those hours :(

34 minutes ago, Fabricio Messias De Godoi said:

Ah how I wanted to be a tester in those hours :(

honestly, it is mainly looking for bugs, and reporting your findings. lol. I think when link v2 picks up the testing team will expand alot, as we will need to test how the server handles more connections than the current team could possibly test. So, your best bet is to wait until either one of the developers asks you to test aurora, which I wouldnt count on, or until they do open beta testing of Link V2, which will be after the current testing team tests it to make sure it functions.

I will say this though, the current testing team is mainly the developers, and a few trusted members of this forum, that know how to fix their systems if the test build breaks it. I was a moderator on this forum for over a year, before I was asked to be a tester, and Felida did pretty much all of the theme videos on this site(Not discounting beagal's work), and since MaesterRowen does all of the XUI stuff, it came in handy for someone who has experience with XUI to be on the testing team also. Honestly, most of us are either programmers, enthusiusts, or hackers and some times even I have issues figuring out what a bug is. Will say this about programmers and computer people, our notes can be a pain in the ass to decipher. Some of the notes have to do with complicated stuff like data structures, that the average user wouldnt understand. That being said, you should see some of the chats we have on IRC in our off time, while waiting for Ro to stop playing his game and get back to work. lol.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gavin_darkglider said:

honestly, it is mainly looking for bugs, and reporting your findings. lol. I think when link v2 picks up the testing team will expand alot, as we will need to test how the server handles more connections than the current team could possibly test. So, your best bet is to wait until either one of the developers asks you to test aurora, which I wouldnt count on, or until they do open beta testing of Link V2, which will be after the current testing team tests it to make sure it functions.

I will say this though, the current testing team is mainly the developers, and a few trusted members of this forum, that know how to fix their systems if the test build breaks it. I was a moderator on this forum for over a year, before I was asked to be a tester, and Felida did pretty much all of the theme videos on this site(Not discounting beagal's work), and since MaesterRowen does all of the XUI stuff, it came in handy for someone who has experience with XUI to be on the testing team also. Honestly, most of us are either programmers, enthusiusts, or hackers and some times even I have issues figuring out what a bug is. Will say this about programmers and computer people, our notes can be a pain in the ass to decipher. Some of the notes have to do with complicated stuff like data structures, that the average user wouldnt understand. That being said, you should see some of the chats we have on IRC in our off time, while waiting for Ro to stop playing his game and get back to work. lol.

In this position I would only be able to report problems and not solve it, I am very enthusiastic to see new things and to help in the project as well asjejei in the Link chat and translation of Aurora ^^ I try to do everything I know, including I am part of Windows Insider Program since 2014 testing and reporting problems in more than 1000 compilations that are released per year hahaha.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Fabricio Messias De Godoi said:

In this position I would only be able to report problems and not solve it, I am very enthusiastic to see new things and to help in the project as well asjejei in the Link chat and translation of Aurora ^^ I try to do everything I know, including I am part of Windows Insider Program since 2014 testing and reporting problems in more than 1000 compilations that are released per year hahaha.

Anyone can be a part of the windows insider program. lol. If you ask me, Microshaft can blow me. Especially since they are trying to force people to upgrade to windows 10, by not allowing newer CPUs to get updates. I will stick with linux, which likes all my hardware the way it is. The only thing microshaft ever did right was the xbox systems, and even those need to be hacked to make them interesting. :( I also get more of a say with what my computer will do. If I want to run a server, I dont have to buy a special version of windows for it, I can do what ever I want with any device I want. I also dont have to worry as much about virus's/spyware. I never have to worry about BSOD, or any of the other problems that windows is notorious for.