RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Qraizy

Bricked RGH no nand backups

So i have a bricked RGH and im trying to follow this 

while doing this i have a problem.

it says is need dash 14719. i cant seem to create a nand using 14719 ( making one with 17511 is no problem, but trying to follow the tut with 17511 doenst seem to work.)

is there any version of Jrunner with a correct 14719 in it? because the version i have now came with 17511 and trying to download the 14719 dashfiles doenst seem towork.

The j-runner I released has all of the files for all of the dashboards. Might not include all of the SU........ files from the official updates, but that is an easy fix. Also, it depends on your CB version. So if it was hacked before 15574, you cant just build the latest dash, but would need to build a retail 14719 image, then create your hacked image with that. The retail image wont work on the console, assuming you dont have the KV for that console, but you can use it to create an 17511 image that will work on the console. 

heck.. i honestly dont think MOST of that stuff is needed if you can boot xell already.. lol.. i think flashing the "OG" nand is to just get xell working again.. 

8 hours ago, felida said:

heck.. i honestly dont think MOST of that stuff is needed if you can boot xell already.. lol.. i think flashing the "OG" nand is to just get xell working again.. 

It isnt about xell, it is about the CB version included with the hacked nand. If your stock dash was pre 15571, then the CB is different, which means you need to build your hacked image against the correct CB. I was helping someone else on the forum, who had a similar problem, and J-runner was building against the wrong CB.

16 hours ago, gavin_darkglider said:

It isnt about xell, it is about the CB version included with the hacked nand. If your stock dash was pre 15571, then the CB is different, which means you need to build your hacked image against the correct CB. I was helping someone else on the forum, who had a similar problem, and J-runner was building against the wrong CB.

And if you know, then still is pointless to flash a nand, then flash ecc again, just to get ldv and such.. all pointless if you ask me.. when doing rgh nand that is.. but, to simply change a nands kv to match CPU key and what not.. pointless if xell already works.. lol

Who said anything about flashing the nand. lol. I said create a stock image for the dash version that was on the console when it was modded, so when you create your new image it is built against the proper CB version.

1 hour ago, gavin_darkglider said:

Who said anything about flashing the nand. lol. I said create a stock image for the dash version that was on the console when it was modded, so when you create your new image it is built against the proper CB version.

The damn guide tells you to flash the nand fool.. I said that part of the guide was kinda pointless.. LMFAO.. take a chill pill homeboy.. 

3 hours ago, felida said:

The damn guide tells you to flash the nand fool.. I said that part of the guide was kinda pointless.. LMFAO.. take a chill pill homeboy.. 

The guide also says that 14717 is the latest dash, which is before 15574, so at that point in time the points I make here had no merit, as the cb hadnt been updated to stop the xor attack that used to be used to create xell images.

10 hours ago, gavin_darkglider said:

The guide also says that 14717 is the latest dash, which is before 15574, so at that point in time the points I make here had no merit, as the cb hadnt been updated to stop the xor attack that used to be used to create xell images.

I know.. the cb's were split on phats, ect.. but guide tells you to flash a dud nand then flash ecc back, ect.. which is pointless if you can already get xell working.. but op is having trouble probably due to no 14xxx dash files.. 

I didnt really read the guide that was posted, more skimmed it. lol. The jist of it was that the guy needs a donor nand, that will boot via RGH2. Considering when the guide was written, the information is dated at best. lol. That being said, there is still a bunch of good information, and what I said, is exactly what I would do to create a donor nand for a console. It is about covering the bases, as each CB is different, and that can effect the booting of the console, in my experience.