RealModScene
Blackjack

Title Update default install path

Hi :)

is there a way to modifiy a TU default install path from HDD:x\Cache to Content\000xxx\Title ID\000B0000 please ?

Thx

I think it depends on the type of TU. Not all TU's work from the content location. Some old ones have to be in cache.

There is a way to convert them i think, but you have to do that manually

I think it depends on the type of TU. Not all TU's work from the content location. Some old ones have to be in cache.

Thx for taking time to answer. Indeed old TU's location is in Cache. Which is the old Kernel manner.

I could have asked my question so : " Are the old TU in Cache took into consideration onto new Dashes ? "

There is a way to convert them i think, but you have to do that manually

That gives me an idea just to resign the old TU with the Title ID of the game with Horizon

Edit : No. The TU with location in Cache is already signed with the Title ID of the game :ermm:

1 hour ago, Blackjack said:

Thx for taking time to answer. Indeed old TU's location is in Cache. Which is the old Kernel manner.

I could have asked my question so : " Are the old TU in Cache took into consideration onto new Dashes ? "

That gives me an idea just to resign the old TU with the Title ID of the game with Horizon

Edit : No. The TU with location in Cache is already signed with the Title ID of the game :ermm:

lemme get this straight.. what is the purpose of you trying to do this? as.. you can already delete the cache easily.. and if the TU isnt there when you load the game, aurora will place in correct location.. 

NOW.. you have an extreme misunderstanding of the TU system.. if the TU is small, it goes into the cache location, this isnt old kernel vs new kernel stuff.. once the TU reaches a certain size, then it gets transfered to the tu0000000_0000000 format and goes into the install dir, since the cache is a very small space..

case-in-point: Minecraft TU's were originally placed into the cache partition, but as the game got larger updates, the cache partition couldnt hold the data anymore, hence the change.. "compat packs" are essentially the updates too big to be title updates, and whatnot..  

lemme get this straight.. what is the purpose of you trying to do this? as.. you can already delete the cache easily..

The purpose of this is to have everythings as clean as possible with a game and its own TU and the option to delete them the easiest way and not to clear the cache with all TU's.

NOW.. you have an extreme misunderstanding of the TU system..

Surely but balanced with other Xbox 360 skills.

if the TU is small, it goes into the cache location, this isnt old kernel vs new kernel stuff.. once the TU reaches a certain size, then it gets transfered to the tu0000000_0000000 format and goes into the install dir, since the cache is a very small space..

case-in-point: Minecraft TU's were originally placed into the cache partition, but as the game got larger updates, the cache partition couldnt hold the data anymore, hence the change.. "compat packs" are essentially the updates too big to be title updates, and whatnot..  

Thanks for the info it seems logical and time linked as TU's size grew up.