RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
edilima

Two different games with same Title ID seem to confuse Aurora

Hello brothers,

I'm using Aurora 0.6b and when I activate any title update on Red Dead Rendemption (Standard Edition, Title ID 5454082B, Media ID 2AAB34E2), it looks like Aurora deactivates another Title Update that was active in the other Red Dead Rendemption (Undead Nightmare Edition, Title ID 5454082B, Media ID 5B48AF70)

The opposite is also true, so that if I activate a given title update on Red Dead Rendemption Undead Nightmare version, Aurora deactivates the title update that was active in the standard version.

Each game has its own folder and Aurora recognizes and plays properly each of them. The only strange thing is that I can't have both games with active title updates. Aurora keeps only one game with active title update at a time.

Note that both games have the same title ID, the only thing that differs is the Media ID and Base Version.

My guess is that such issue happens because both games have the same Title ID, but I'm not 100% sure.

Is this a bug ? Or am I missing some basic concept ?

You are missing a basic concept. Aurora, and the Xbox, save that information via the titleID in their respective spots. In reality, the title updates are probably the same, for each game, and the nightmare edition has some built in DLC/TU, so as far as that goes, they would be the same update, in the same place. The base version change is due to title update being appiled to the game, as this is the reported version of the app.

13 hours ago, gavin_darkglider said:

You are missing a basic concept. Aurora, and the Xbox, save that information via the titleID in their respective spots. In reality, the title updates are probably the same, for each game, and the nightmare edition has some built in DLC/TU, so as far as that goes, they would be the same update, in the same place. The base version change is due to title update being appiled to the game, as this is the reported version of the app.

The nightmare edition is a separate game altogether.. is nothing but zombies mode.. the media id is diff.. but.. the trainer AxR made.. works for both.. i can dig more into it.. but afaik.. the tu being replaced, is functioning as it should.. aurora checks if tu matches, if it doesnt, it moves the applicable tu into correct location.. if tu matches, nothing gets moved.. but.. as with identical titleid's.. this would be the norm.. same goes for indie games.. all have same title id, media id is different.. but they all use the same tu anyhow.. lol

Baseversion never change with a TU, baseversion is part of the xex... but yew, it's likely a bug, or rather something we overlooked... i'll see if i can look into this problem further...

On 24-2-2017 at 4:53 PM, Swizzy said:

Baseversion never change with a TU, baseversion is part of the xex... but yew, it's likely a bug, or rather something we overlooked... i'll see if i can look into this problem further...

TU handling was designed around titleid, and it works as expected. If it's a bug, it's one in the design, not in Aurora :P

Perhaps we can look into using basever in addition to titleid...

On Fri Feb 24 2017 at 10:53 AM, Swizzy said:

6 hours ago, Mattie said:

TU handling was designed around titleid, and it works as expected. If it's a bug, it's one in the design, not in Aurora :P

Perhaps we can look into using basever in addition to titleid...

Look, i checked out this specific game.. the tu 1 from unity, works absolutely fine.. i dont know wtf op is complaining about.. the same exact tu works for rdr as well as zombies.. aka disc1 and disc 2.. so yeah.. everything is working as intended.. 

Edit: the only "issue" i can see.. is with fsd enabled, it hangs at "configuring pluging 10%" for a bit.. but i wouldnt call it "hanging" really.. as something is probably going on in background.. and game loads up normally..

Edit 2: just noticed op's media id's are diff from mine.. but.. that shouldnt matter.. unless op has 2 different versions of the game altogether.. and thats why it isnt working like it should.. because people pirate stuff, and complain to us when it dont work..