RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
speedemonsd

Aurora Freezes and other problems

At first I used to think that the freezes were caused by the"steam" skin even tho the skin is very minimalist. Then I reverted back to the stock skin but the freezes still persisted. The freezes only happen on aurora startup and the freeze even causes the power LED to go off. Things get even weirder I've been also been experiencing lag on some xbla games. And i'm starting to think that all of this is somehow related to the F3 plugin. Not to mention LiNK is also constantly shutting down my console randomly even tho I disabled RSS. The console shutdown and Link are old issues but now cant even play 5 min, w/o having my xbox turn off.Im seriously starting to consider downgrading to 0.5. Version 0.6 feels like F3 and I hated F3 ever since I first installed it on my xbox. Now im not expecting shit to get fixed anytime soon and aurora is still in beta and I know I'm taking a risk by installing it but dear devs keep focus on at least the core functionality. Imo people asking for features like fan control and disk ripping and other nonsense that is already here and then whining for a new dashboard,like a lot of people did with v0.6 should get out of the house more often. (good god the teaser thread for 0.6 was cancerous as fuck, no wonder there isn't a teaser for 0.7 lol)

I would suspect your HDD is no good seeing as you're having lag with XBLA games which i assume you're running from the internal HDD?

25 minutes ago, felida said:

If op is using external, seems like they do not have hddalive option on lol

hddalive only stops the drive from turning itself off when not in use, while playing a game or running Aurora the HDD shouldn't really be anywhere near inactive to have this issue (it's done by simply overwriting the file at the specified interval)

Nope hdd is fine I scanned it with hddsentinel and there are no bad blocks , also hdd is internal. The lag is gone and I figured its the f3 plugin causing this issue. I cant even turn on my console if the internet is connected. Everything loads fine until the f3 plugin kicks in. If aurora manages to load before the f3 plugin then everything is fine but if the plugin manages to load before aurora and internet is connected then the console just freezes power led goes off and I need to hard reset . And the reason why sometimes aurora loads before the f3 plugin because I have bootanim videos and not all of them are the same length. 

4 hours ago, Swizzy said:

hddalive only stops the drive from turning itself off when not in use, while playing a game or running Aurora the HDD shouldn't really be anywhere near inactive to have this issue (it's done by simply overwriting the file at the specified interval)

Never had issues with external hdd's even with hddalive off. Modern ext hdd's turn on and off very quickly, so lag that may be caused by and idle drive may be at most 1-2 seconds but the lag that I used to experience was persistent.

Sounds more like a issue with the bootanim.xex plugin if it's only happening when you believe the FSD plugin is loaded first, or are you loading that with Dashlaunch?

Aurora loads the FSD Plugin otherwise during startup, it's not a separate entity unless you explicitly did that yourself which is the wrong way of loading it...

No I didn't set a path for the f3 plugin in DL I know aurora or alternatively f3 handles the loading lol. When I mean aurora loading faster than f3 due to bootanim, I mean if the bootvideo is long after it finishes playback usually aurora loads faster because of the longer playback time of the video. Anyway the bootanim.xex isn't the problem because I recently updated to 17511 and DL 3.18 and the original bootanim file was restored so I removed the bootanim.xex entry from DL. This is somehow internet related because if there is no internet everything loads just fine but if I connect to the web and I leave it like that I cant bootup it freezes just when aurora is about to show the main screen and that is usually when the f3 plugin loads(i think). So to fix this I usually just insert a usb with an empty ini file disconnect from the web from nxe and reboot and everything works afterwards. The freeze is similar to the systemlink shutdown glitch. I guess the console freezes because when aurora is loading stuff that exact moment is very resource intensive and if the f3 plugin is trying to shutdown the console in that exact moment it just freezes because it runs out of memory even the power led turns off. I could be wrong this is just a theory but what I am certain about is that this is caused somehow by an active internet connection and the f3 plugin.