RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Lexl0076

black screen after deleted defaut skin

Hello everyone,

I am french but as English seems to be the only way here to be understood, I will try to make myself clear enough with my poor English. :-)

I made a terrible mistake a few hours ago by deleted the default skin (no longer skin at all now) and unfortunately when I wanted to start my xbox again black screen and freeze.

I could read that the only way is to access the dashlaunch by Xexmenu : I have aleady used dashlaunch (in order to disable livestrong) but that was only done via Aurora and I do not have xexmenu installed.

Please help me what CAN I DO NOW ??? 

Turn your Xbox 360 on and hold the right Shoulder Button. The Xbox 360 should start in NXE Dashboard. Burn XEXMenu (XEX Version) on CD/DVD Media and boot from it.

Hi Dr Gonzo,

Thanks for helping me on that.

Do you mean to say I must downlad XexMenu from the web, then install on a dvd ? Will the dvd be read by the console ? I can't do that via the usb stick ?

From our own experience, if you burn the xex version of XEXMenu as data cd/dvd, your (JTAG/RGH) xbox 360 will boot from it.

I have copied XeXMenu v1-1.XEX whole file to a recordable CD. I tried to launch it via the disk drive of the console. Nothing happens.... At the beginning, my wish was only to enable my son to have access to all the games he wanted to play with, but I think that because of this unfortunate handling he wil never be able to...

If you have another solution, please help me... Thanks a lot !

Strange.

Move Dashlaunch (installer) default.xex on FAT32 USB Stick. Connect the USB Stick to your Xbox 360 and turn your Xbox 360 on. If you are in Dashlaunch,  be sure your FTP Client is enabled in (configuration) Dashlaunch. Connect your Xbox 360 via Lan to your Laptop/Desktop and use a FTP Client ( your Xbox Ip: xxx, name: Xbox, password: xbox, port:21) to have access to the data File System of your Xbox. You can now reinstall  your deleted files in your Aurora folders over ftp.

In fact, I do not have any laptop. I managed to install Xexmenu via "Horizon" software. I can only access my usb file and "flash" file. So I can copy the aurora default skin from my usb but I cannot access the original skin file in aurora file to paste the skin because I don't know why but I cannot find in XexMenu the hardrive of my xbox where Aurora is installed.... Dashlaunch seems not be able to help on that also.

4 hours ago, Lexl0076 said:

In fact, I do not have any laptop. I managed to install Xexmenu via "Horizon" software. I can only access my usb file and "flash" file. So I can copy the aurora default skin from my usb but I cannot access the original skin file in aurora file to paste the skin because I don't know why but I cannot find in XexMenu the hardrive of my xbox where Aurora is installed.... Dashlaunch seems not be able to help on that also.

I seriously dont know why people suggest .xex version..

find the "live" version, transfer it to your hdd, and it will be able to launch from nxe dash.. lol..

Now.. as for "fixing" this.. since you have usb and a pc i assume (some phones might work also, but no promises)..

1. Make sure you are on kernel(dash) 17349+

2. Get your live version of xexmenu, place it into "content/0000000000000000/" if you dont have these, just create the folders on fat32 usb, then xexmenu can be copied/launched

Alt method for below 17349:

Format usb via xbox, then plug into pc, use one of the many programs (horizon, ect.) To copy the live version to usb, then copy it to hdd and launch via nxe

French:

Je ne sais vraiment pas pourquoi les gens suggèrent .xex version ..

Trouver la version "live", le transférer sur votre hdd, et il sera en mesure de lancer à partir de nxe dash .. lol ..

Maintenant .. quant à "fixer" ce .. depuis que vous avez usb et un pc je suppose (certains téléphones pourraient fonctionner aussi, mais pas de promesses) ..

1. Vérifiez que vous êtes sur le noyau (tiret) 17349+

2. Obtenez votre version live de xexmenu, placez-le dans "content / 0000000000000000 /" si vous n'avez pas ces, il suffit de créer les dossiers sur fat32 usb, puis xexmenu peut être copié / lancé

Alt méthode ci-dessous 17349:

Format usb via xbox, puis branchez sur pc, utilisez l'un des nombreux programmes (horizon, ect.) Pour copier la version live vers usb, copiez-le sur hdd et lancez via nxe

Edit:

and its not that you can not speak in french.. you just have to include english first mate.. but google translate is free and works pretty well..

Et ce n'est pas que vous ne pouvez pas parler en français .. vous avez juste à inclure l'anglais d'abord mate .. mais google translate est gratuit et fonctionne très bien ..

Thanks a lot but I already have Xexmenu I can launch via classic dashboard (games list). Maybe as already read, I cannot find the internal memory of my xbox in xexmenu because it is a 4go. 

I've hard about FSD3, could that help ? 

9 hours ago, Lexl0076 said:

In fact, I do not have any laptop.

You didnt own a Computer (Laptop/Desktop) ?

How you work with Horizon software without a Computer ?

XEXMenu contains a FTP Client too. Its pretty easy to get FTP Connection between your Computer and your Xbox 360 and transfer the needed Files.  You didnt get access to your on Board MU over XEXMenu on slims.

For the future you should buy a Hdd. To use the internal Memory on Board Card is the fastest way to brick your Slim (keyword Bad Blocks).

Hi Dr,

Everything is working perfectly know. I managed to paste from my USB stick the Aurora default skin to the original Aurira file thanks to the file manager of FSD3 I launched from USB via XeXMenu.

I wish to thank you anyway for your kind efforts and time you spend trying to sort me out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lexl0076 said:

Hi Dr,

Everything is working perfectly know. I managed to paste from my USB stick the Aurora default skin to the original Aurira file thanks to the file manager of FSD3 I launched from USB via XeXMenu.

I wish to thank you anyway for your kind efforts and time you spend trying to sort me out.

Xexmenu takes some time to work out, but it does have a filemanager too

• Like 1