RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
devilhunter

Rapid Green Debug LED Flashing (RGH 1.2) Wiring on CR3 Rev.C

Greetings, 

I'm facing a problem as illustrated in the video link below (trying to boot xell), I tried both CLK points (the on top and the bottom of the board) with no luck. Ive followed all the common practices, etc trimming the wires and wire paths. At last, I flashed back the original nand dump, it gives RROD (0022) in 3-4 seconds when both CPU_RST or CLK are connected to the glitcher. Otherwise, it boots normally when either one of them is disconnected from the glitch board.
Here is my wiring:htt

Glitch/Nand Reader Product(s) used:  J-R Programmer, CR3 Rev C (Clone I believe)
Console Type: Jasper
NAND size: 512Mb
Dashboard version: 1715
CB version: 6754
Screenshot of NAND details from J-Runner/Xebuild GUI: nothing special there, retail nand.
J-Runner/Xebuild Gui log:
updflash.bin log (if applicable):
Image of Glitch Chip:

https://postimg.org/image/5isky4cyv/

Images of close-up soldering to motherboard:

ps://postimg.org/image/5rq5o1prb/

https://postimg.org/image/8od6obvl3/

https://postimg.org/image/pi4wl98lx/

https://postimg.org/image/ynwrb8wgx/

Im currently using this clk point

rgh12altclk.png

Description of problem:

Failing to get into xell, console boots fine when CLK or CPU_RST is disconnected from the glitch chip.

Was the console working before you started: Y

Do you get a green debug light appear on the RGH chip every 4-5 seconds: Y

How long is the light on for each time:

3-4 times per second.

Video link:

for some reason, Im getting two video windows even though I placed one video link.

Some of your soldering looks sub par. Chances are that has something to do with it. Also, are you sure you are flashing the right timing files to your coolrunner? There are files for the ace, which would not work on a regular coolrunner, as it uses a different xilinx chip.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gavin_darkglider said:

Some of your soldering looks sub par. Chances are that has something to do with it. Also, are you sure you are flashing the right timing files to your coolrunner? There are files for the ace, which would not work on a regular coolrunner, as it uses a different xilinx chip.

Cuz I had to reroute the wires more than 5 times if not more. In addition to that, I didnt clean it with alcohol. 

I have RGHed many consoles, this one is a pain in the ass. 

Have you ever considered it was the wrong timing file for the chip type? there are RGH1.2 files for the Ace/DGX and there are timing files for the Coolrunner. They use different xilinx chips, on the chip, so require a different timing file. If RGH1.2 doesnt work, try switching for an ACE chip, and do S-RGH. There are always other options.

On 2/7/2017 at 5:18 AM, gavin_darkglider said:

Have you ever considered it was the wrong timing file for the chip type? there are RGH1.2 files for the Ace/DGX and there are timing files for the Coolrunner. They use different xilinx chips, on the chip, so require a different timing file. If RGH1.2 doesnt work, try switching for an ACE chip, and do S-RGH. There are always other options.

Im goining to use the alternative points today (for both PLL and CPU RST) and report back, for some reason Im not receiving notification anymore on this site. 

9 hours ago, devilhunter said:

Im goining to use the alternative points today (for both PLL and CPU RST) and report back, for some reason Im not receiving notification anymore on this site. 

Depends on what you mean? There is an option to "notify me of replies" and when someone quotes you, it will give one..

Found the issue, the r8c2 resistor (CPU_RST) is reading infinite value, I replaced it with 1k ohm resistor but the console is refusing to boot now on stock. I need a microscope to check the connections.

r8c2.jpg