RealModScene
Wesley Irvine

Xecuter DemoN Need Help!!!

Hello there. I've recently experienced a problem with my Falcon RGH with an Xecuter DemoN installed. It started when I wanted to update the dash for the stock nand. The DemoN nand had the newest dash but the stock nand had a very old dashboard that I wanted updated so that I could go on Xbox Live and only need one Xbox. I posted on the Xecuter forums asking how to do it before attempting it because I didn't want to mess anything up, a mod there said "Just update it as you would a normal xbox, it's that simple". So I did as he said and connected the Ethernet cable and began the update process.

All seemed to be going as planned until the update was almost finished... Once it was almost finished the screen went black, there was nothing on the ROL and the controller still said it was connected. I tried a reboot and ever since I haven't been able to get it to display anything. If I put it into the DemoN nand It will just stay on forever with the fans periodically throttling, and if I have it in stock nand, the same thing will happen except after approximately 15 seconds it will get the RROD with an error code 0022. I know there's nothing wrong with the solder under the chips and that this was caused by the update. I've done some research and posted on the xecuter forums but everybody wants me to pay them to send it away and have them rebuild the KV. I don't want to pay a lot to send it away, especially to people on a forum that caused the problem to begin with. I just want to know if I can send my nand dumps to someone so they can rebuild them for me or at least tell me how so I can do it myself. Thank you.

Thread moved to other Topics Subforum !

Dr.Gonzo

You probably had RGH 1.1 installed, this causes the hacked NAND to no longer work as some fuses has been blown in the CPU to prevent the older CB to load/work, the stock nand now has the latest CB installed which has randomization implemented to prevent glitching, the chip doesn't know this and will attempt to glitch it anyways (it was fine back when you had the old CB to glitch also the normal CB)

What you need to do is re-write the chip software to 1.2 or 2.0 and possibly change the soldering config... lift POST_OUT and the retail nand will work

By software 1.2 I'm assuming you mean re-write it using Glitch 2? None the less I tried that and now it does the same thing it was before, except the green light on the DemoN flashes with the fans throttling. I probably should have mentioned I'm a noob and this is all quite difficult for me. That's why I offered to send someone my nand dumps so they could do it for me or possibly remote into my computer.

Here's what you need to do; check what glitch chip you have installed, then look up which point is the "POST_OUT" point (usually C) then you need to get that de-soldered... doing this will make the glitch chip no longer try to glitch the console, that should allow you to have your console booting back into the stock NAND...

Once you know that's still working, you can look at what wires are actually setup and we can try to help you get it back to a working condition again from there...

Are you able to solder yourself? if not - you're best bet is to find someone that knows how to install these hacks that can help you fix it as it'll likely require you to re-install the chip with a different configuration

Yes I can solder. Well I removed the C point which seems to have done nothing at all. what change am I looking for exactly? Should I remove each wire and if nothing changes solder it back on and move to the next?

Are E/F soldered? if not, you probably were using using RGH1 which is not compatible with current CB bootloaders. So what you will want to do is move to C to Postout 0 on the bottom of the board. then plug your demon into the PC, dump your nand, and create/flash an RGH2 image to the demon. You will also need to program the Coolrunner with RGH1.2 timing file. This should fix the RGH side of things. As for retail, you will need to recreate your retail nand, using current KV. What it seems like to me, is you tried to use live to update your demon nand, and screwed up the fuses on the CPU, so the retail wont boot, and since the CB was an older one, or the LDV changed, your retail nand wont boot either. 

It was the opposite actually. I wanted to update the stock nand so I could use xbox live on only one console, that was a part of wanting the duel nand system, but when the person who did it gave it to me, they had a really old dash on the stock nand side. I asked someone on the xecuter forums how to update it and they just said to do it normally which resulted in all the problems I'm facing now. Also E and F have nothing soldered to them. I'll try doing what you said.

So it was an RGH 1 console, and needs to be converted to RGH 1.2. There is no demon firmware for rgh1.2, but the timing files should have 15432's retail detection. I have had issues with dual nand on these consoles, where if CPU_PLL_BYPASS was connected it still wouldnt boot retail. so if you get your glitch nand to work, but retail still doesnt work, try disconnecting the A wire, and see what you get.

24 minutes ago, Wesley Irvine said:

I figured there isn't much use in asking where I should move the wires to when you don't really know, so I decided to attach some photos.

20170127_190117.jpg

20170127_190136.jpg

20170127_190141.jpg

the pix arent needed, you previously have RGH1 wired up, look up for a guide on how to wire up rgh2.. it is gonna require changing some of the wires around, and a couple of the jumper settings.. as well as flashing the timing files for the coolrunner..

I thought all I had to do was change around the wire for C and then do the re-writing for the coolrunner. could someone please provide a link to where the wires need to be? I searched on google and can't find anything for the rgh1.2 xecuter demon wiring.

You want rgh1.2 much more consistant boot times on a falcon. The guide can be found here:http://www.teamx360.co.uk/forum/-15432-s-development-section/info-aa/1606-phat-rgh2-timings  move the yellow wire like in the guide, and use one of these firmware files for the coolrunner. https://mega.nz/#!6c51ARZa!Kp4X0yPvzt4uYarH-MBagdhZ6Q_uCOTZuPVkPi0qt98

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, gavin_darkglider said:

You want rgh1.2 much more consistant boot times on a falcon. The guide can be found here:http://www.teamx360.co.uk/forum/-15432-s-development-section/info-aa/1606-phat-rgh2-timings  move the yellow wire like in the guide, and use one of these firmware files for the coolrunner. https://mega.nz/#!6c51ARZa!Kp4X0yPvzt4uYarH-MBagdhZ6Q_uCOTZuPVkPi0qt98

Well I found the guide for the RGH 2 with coolrunner. It didn't call for the yellow wire to be moved but rather E and F to be added and A removed. I did that and tried reflashing the nand with Jrunner for RGH 2 but it's still doing the same thing. I also tried reprogramming the Coolrunner with no success, still the fan throttling problem. Where do those Timing files go inside of Jrunner? Thanks.

RGH1.2 uses RGH1 wiring, with postout 0 instead of postout 1, and an rgh2 image. the timing files can be used under advanced cr/nand functions in the advanced section. remove e/f, reattach a, and move C. flash RGH2 image to demon, and flash 1 of those custom files to the coolrunner. 

So is postout 0 really on the top of the board connected to that capacitor in that link that you sent me? I just want to make sure I get the wire in the correct spot. Can you tell me what the point that it needs to be soldered to says on the board? Ex. FT6U7

I tried different timing files and all they seem to do is make the green light pulse differently or the speed of the throttling increase or decrease. I haven't been able to get it to boot. Do I need to move ahead on looking at repairing the stock side now to get it functional?

No Xell. Just 5 second throttling at the same time that the green light flashes a couple times. Maybe I didn't re-write the nand correctly? I used the original and changed it to a rgh 2 and also used the timing files you told me to.