RealModScene
Wesley Irvine

Xecuter DemoN Need Help!!!

How long did you wait? the fans throttle, that is normal. For shits and giggles, try removing the A wire and booting stock. I had a falcon once that woudnt boot stock if that wire was connected, but would boot freeboot.

I waited a long time. I don't know. Maybe I messed something up on jrunner prior or just aren't doing something right. A wire being removed does absolutely nothing.

try creating retail kernel using latest kernel, and writing it to your stock nand. We can figure out the RGH stuff once you get retail to boot. Make sure you have a backup of it first.

Jrunner wont let me select the dash version and I tried downloaded it from the internet before and putting it in the folder but it still doesn't show on jrunner. Before the mess up the DemoN nand had the second to newest dash and the stock had the old nxe dash with the blue guide. Lol, maybe you could just remote into my computer and mess with this

You can update your stock Nand over Xbox Live. But I recommend to perform the update manually over USB.

9 hours ago, gavin_darkglider said:

not that i know of.

rgh1.2 is only useful for certain types of chips.. pref the ACE ones.. and one of the latest versions iirc.. i havent had good experience using CR's and those files.. 

25 minutes ago, Wesley Irvine said:

We're good from stock nand. I'll mess with the wiring for the Demon later in the week most likely because I think that's what the problem is.

demon has nothing to do with the glitching process.. you dont change ANY wire on the demon.. 

have you tried to wire up using RGH2? the wire diagrams ARE within jrunner.. or EASILY found on the TX forums.. make sure you try diff timing files as well..

Everyone keeps telling me to do different things. I had it wired up for RGH 2 but Gavin told me to forget that and stick with 1.2 because it will have better results. I trust him because he got the stock nand working again. This is a 08 falcon. Even if I got it to work with RGH 2 wiring it would have the longest boot times out of any method.

7 minutes ago, Wesley Irvine said:

Everyone keeps telling me to do different things. I had it wired up for RGH 2 but Gavin told me to forget that and stick with 1.2 because it will have better results. I trust him because he got the stock nand working again.

5 minutes ago, Wesley Irvine said:

This is a 08 falcon. Even if I got it to work with RGH 2 wiring it would have the longest boot times out of any method.

1.2 is only useful on specific chips.. while theoretically the timing files WILL work.. i havent gotten them to work on a rev c, 3lite, or 3pro.. 

you want the BEST glitch times, get a cr4.. tbh.. lol.. and gavin's suggestion, about 10+mins on booting, just are wrong.. lol.. i've done PLENTY of falcon rgh2's.. never more than 1.5mins lol.. and those were with trace-fixed boards, ect.. it DOES take some tinkering, getting the jumper settings right, wire lengths, but they can get pretty stable boot times.. 

and as far as your comment about "longest boot times" is funny.. you want a console that boots, or one that doesn't? as it is now, yours does not boot(glitch).. lol

Fine. I'll try. So many back and fourths. I'm going to need different timing files for RGH2 wiring correct? Could you please provide a link?

Nope, no need for RGH2 after all. I replaced some wiring with Ethernet cable (courtesy of Gavin) and now she boots up both nands! Thanks for the help Gavin!

Edit:

Please dont perform Double postings. If you want to add information, edit your last posting and use the edit function.

Dr.Gonzo

• Like 1

Your Welcome. lol. If only people would do what i say to begin with. lol. Glad we could get your console working again. Now, you probably still need to flash the disc drive, with the latest firmware. lol. But it is like I said, the only way to know for sure would be to put a newer game in it, and see if it reads it. If it doesnt see it as a game, get a hold of felida, and he can probably get you sorted.

4 minutes ago, gavin_darkglider said:

Your Welcome. lol. If only people would do what i say to begin with. lol. Glad we could get your console working again. Now, you probably still need to flash the disc drive, with the latest firmware. lol. But it is like I said, the only way to know for sure would be to put a newer game in it, and see if it reads it. If it doesnt see it as a game, get a hold of felida, and he can probably get you sorted.

The disc drive reads all games on both nands but it's just that problem of it needing to be unplugged for Xell to fully boot (common problem with Hitatchi's apparently) and it not being able to play burned games. Also it does this strange auto eject problem where at random times it just tries to eject but the door doesn't actually open. (Hate Hitachi's) would it be possibly to flash up a BenQ or liteon and replace it? I have a few of those kicking around.

Not without getting banned on live. Unfortunatly, you are stuck with the drive type of the OSIG in the KV. That information doesnt get updated when the firmware does, but it expects the same type of drive. As long as it plays games BO2 or newer, you should be fine. I was under the impression that the latest xell was fixed for that. Swizzy could probably give you more info on that actually, as he is/was a LibXenon(Xell) developer. Other than that, Glad it is booting both nands properly. How are your boot times with RGH1.2?

4 hours ago, gavin_darkglider said:

Not without getting banned on live. Unfortunatly, you are stuck with the drive type of the OSIG in the KV. That information doesnt get updated when the firmware does, but it expects the same type of drive. As long as it plays games BO2 or newer, you should be fine. I was under the impression that the latest xell was fixed for that. Swizzy could probably give you more info on that actually, as he is/was a LibXenon(Xell) developer. Other than that, Glad it is booting both nands properly. How are your boot times with RGH1.2?

I made a experimental build that i put on the forums, well a few actually... don't remember if abyone actually verified them to actually work...