RealModScene
Abbott

Internal HDD with DemoN

I found a Fujitsu 120GB HDD that (I think) was in an Xbox at one point. I was able to throw it into my DemoN slim and format it for internal storage on the RGH side, but I don't know if it's safe on the retail side. Does formatting the HDD on the RGH side add the security sector to the drive? Or will I still need to flash that using HDD Hackr so as not to get banned for using a "modified" HDD?

If the drive doesnt have the Security sector the retail side wont even recognise that it is plugged in. That being said, 120GB on an RGH is pretty small. lol. I have a TB on mine, and have less than 100GB free.

4 minutes ago, gavin_darkglider said:

If the drive doesnt have the Security sector the retail side wont even recognise that it is plugged in. That being said, 120GB on an RGH is pretty small. lol. I have a TB on mine, and have less than 100GB free.

I have a TB FAT32 USB that I use for 360 and PS3. I can keep the USB plugged in and just keep saves, profiles, and various compatibility packs (like Destiny) on the HDD, so that way, when I boot to the retail side, NXE can't see all the RGH stuff on the FAT32 stuff so it doesn't get confused with corrupted games or warrant a ban on XBL.

At least, that's what I hope is happening with my setup. Are there any holes in my logic? If the drive shows up in the retail side, am I safe to use it?